bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Help, Pray for Me  (Read 5787 times)

G. Driggs

Please Help, Pray for Me
« on: June 22, 2009, 05:27:51 AM »

Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I really need your help, your prayers. I really need you all to pray that I will be able to endure and overcome a very powerful temptation. I honestly dont have strength of my own to do this. Also Im thinking I have a collapsed lung and I need courage to go see a doctor. Im scared of doctors and hospitals and I really need to go. I also know and believe God can heal me if He wants, so please pray for my healing also. Above all ask that His will be done and not my own. Thank you all.

Peace & Love, G.Driggs

Ellie

Re: Please Help, Pray for Me
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 08:27:06 AM »

Hi G. Driggs,
                  Will pray for you.Do take care of your health.Sounds as though you are being hit by a number of things at once.We are constantly challenged,but God will see us through. His will be done in all aspects of your life.
                        Peace to you and yours....Ellie.....

Roy Martin

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 08:42:28 AM »

I have prayed for you.

In Christ
Roy

lauriellen

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 10:37:56 AM »

i pray that our heavenly father will do his prefect will in your life.........that He will also give you the strength and comfort to accept His will........and also that He will bless you and fill you with His spirit to guide you and help you submit to Him in all things and to give you wisdom and understanding.
amen
love,
lauriellen

Linny

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 11:17:59 AM »

You are in my prayers too.
Bless you, Lin

meee

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 12:20:25 PM »

George, I pray God will work in you to resist temptation, by the power of His strength.  Also that you will trust God and not fear the doctors that can help you. Father , your Will and not Georges,be done. In Jesus name,Amen.
       peace & love,meee

G. Driggs

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »

Thank you all very much. I prayed for myself, but didnt think it would be enough. I will continue to pray and wait on Him.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate it.

Praying for you all, always

Much Love, G.Driggs

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 01:34:53 PM »

George Driggs!!
don't be afraid! Fear is the opposite of faith! I'm praying for you! Do what you need to do! Look at your little family and do what you need to do!
Praying...
Kathy  :-*

meee

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 02:25:43 PM »

George, I just clicked something on Facebook and I think it's for you. I'll paste what came up:
                            "Do not mistake temptation for opportunity".

Trust in the Lord  dear brother!
                       love,meee

crystal

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 05:12:10 PM »

George, I am also praying for you and with you! The power to overcome is all in the power of Gods grace to us, for us and in us. Look to Him, trust in Him, call upon Him, He is near, He is faithful! Gods will be done in you and us all!

Also growing in grace, your sister in Christ,
Crystal

Roy Coates

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 06:22:36 PM »

May the Father grant you healing, strength, comfort and peace in your time of need. In the name of Jesus we pray it, Amen

Marlene

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 07:53:28 PM »

George, I will keep you in prayer that you overcome this temptation and that you will seek care for you health. I pray God's will be done.

In His Love,
Marlene

southland

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 10:46:20 PM »

I'm pray for you G.Driggs

In Christs Love

Matt

meefsgirl

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 10:49:19 AM »

I will present you before the Father too. 

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 05:48:22 PM »

oh george, i apologize that i didn't read this thread til just today. i too have been face to face with a particular temptation these past few weeks, and i now truly understand that God DOES give us an experience of evil to humble us thereby. temptations of the flesh are always attacks by the adversary and that itself is evil, BUT, Jesus Christ confirmed that He overcame this world and we can overcome too, BUT only through the strength of His Spirit within us. prayer of the saints for each other is paramount in building our faith of God's will for each of our specific lives. and the possibility of having a collapsed lung is not a small thing to blow off. as ninny said, fear is the opposite of faith. i can understand that you might be intimidated by the medical professions and facilities, but you must remember that you are the head of your household and it is your loving responsibility to take the best care of yourself that you can. yes george, God can heal your lung, or anything else that might be a physical ailment, but He also works through physicians, nurses, etc. to assist in your health needs.

Dear Heavenly Father, our brother george driggs needs your comfort and your mercy and your grace and your strength in a big way during this time of his life. please Father, stir Your Holy Spirit within him to remind him that You are with him and You will guide him in wisdom regarding his health and his family, and Dear Father that george will take up the shield of faith as your Spirit stands guard beside him to deter and defeat the fiery arrows of temptation that are attacking george now. thank you Father for george's trust and faith in the prayers of Your saints, to lift up to You his cries for help. in the sweet Name of Jesus Christ our Savior, that Your will be done, amen and amen.

love you brother,
claudia

bunnylife

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 03:12:48 AM »

I pray to Daddy, Father God help you to resist temptation by the power of the spirit of God that lives within you. May the faith of God arise up inside you not to fear the doctors or hospital.. knowing that Christ Jesus and Father God are always with you where ever you go.. you are not alone and there is nothing to fear. I pray that God would heal your body and that His will be done in Jesus name. Amen.

In His Love,
Bunni

G. Driggs

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 06:47:01 AM »

Wow! Thank you all very much for your prayers, I needed them.

It seems the hard part is over concerning the temptation I was faced with. I must admit, it was HARD, just when I thought I couldn't take it anymore, He gave me a way out. All the glory is His!

My lung is feeling better, I can actually cough and sneeze now without too much pain, again a testament to His mercy.

I got drunk about a week ago and thought I could wrestle with the young guys, but turns out Im getting too old for that stuff. I got whooped! I hope getting drunk is behind me now, I did not want to be in that situation God had put me in, but who am I to say? I dont drink as much as I use to like before I came here a year ago, only because its so hard to get in a small dry village in Alaska. I also believe its no coincidence I live where I live. All this happened on a trip to a larger city.

Again, thank you all so much, I really appreciate it, prayer works.

Love & Peace to you all, G.Driggs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.