bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We are His sheep!  (Read 7374 times)

G. Driggs

We are His sheep!
« on: June 22, 2009, 12:50:52 PM »

I was trying to go sleep, praying and thinking about how we are likened to sheep. I never really thought of myself as a sheep until now. I always kinda thought of myself more like a goat.

Anyway here is a little list off the top of my head for why its good to be (ba) a sheep.

1. Sheep need a Shepard, namely Jesus.
2. Sheep are white, a symbol of righteousness.
3. Sheep need protection from wolves, in the form of Jesus.
4.Sheep need to be whacked once in a while to keep them in line, or from straying.
5.Sheep are totally defenseless, therefor need Jesus to protect them. (kinda same as 3 I guess)
6.Sheep were used as sacrifices for sins, and we are told to be "a living sacrifice".
Im sure there is more, so please feel free to add to it if you like.

G.Driggs

Ninny

Re: We are His sheep!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 01:21:44 PM »

Hey George!
I remember when I was growing up we had a pet sheep. His name was "tiny" but man he was BIG!! He was mean and he could knock you down real easily..me anyway!  He also would bite! Now isn't that a picture of us? we look all cute and cuddly, but DUDE! Can we bite! Can we shove! oh yeah, we are like those sheep in MANY ways!!  :D
Kathy ;)

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 01:40:53 PM »

I was trying to go sleep, praying and thinking about how we are likened to sheep. I never really thought of myself as a sheep until now. I always kinda thought of myself more like a goat.

Anyway here is a little list off the top of my head for why its good to be (ba) a sheep.

1. Sheep need a Shepard, namely Jesus.
2. Sheep are white, a symbol of righteousness.
3. Sheep need protection from wolves, in the form of Jesus.
4.Sheep need to be whacked once in a while to keep them in line, or from straying.
5.Sheep are totally defenseless, therefor need Jesus to protect them. (kinda same as 3 I guess)
6.Sheep were used as sacrifices for sins, and we are told to be "a living sacrifice".
Im sure there is more, so please feel free to add to it if you like.

G.Driggs

Well said George...to know a parable AND the interpretation. [Dan 2:26]  :)

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 03:03:25 PM »

Hey George!
I remember when I was growing up we had a pet sheep. His name was "tiny" but man he was BIG!! He was mean and he could knock you down real easily..me anyway!  He also would bite! Now isn't that a picture of us? we look all cute and cuddly, but DUDE! Can we bite! Can we shove! oh yeah, we are like those sheep in MANY ways!!  :D
Kathy ;)

baa ??? baa :-\ baa ;D

george. ::)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 03:04:48 PM by aqr »

the goldfields

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 10:25:55 PM »

A new take on a Nursery Rhyme!

Baa, baa, black sheep, (invisible Father)
Have you any wool? (power, to raise the dead)
Yes sir, yes sir,
Three bags full;
One for the master, (Christ the firstfruits)
And one for the dame, (Christ's at his coming)
And one for the little boy
Who lives down the lane. (far off children of disobedience)

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

1 Cor 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1 Cor 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1 Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1 Cor 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1 Cor 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1 Cor 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1 Cor 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

George, to get to sleep...you could try counting all the sheep that Jesus will save! :D

Sam

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 11:30:22 PM »

Good Sam! I like it!  :D
Kathy ;)

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 12:10:42 AM »

A new take on a Nursery Rhyme!

Baa, baa, black sheep, (invisible Father)
Have you any wool? (power, to raise the dead)
Yes sir, yes sir,
Three bags full;
One for the master, (Christ the firstfruits)
And one for the dame, (Christ's at his coming)
And one for the little boy
Who lives down the lane. (far off children of disobedience)

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

1 Cor 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1 Cor 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1 Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1 Cor 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1 Cor 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1 Cor 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1 Cor 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

George, to get to sleep...you could try counting all the sheep that Jesus will save! :D

Sam

The numbers are not in yet so i will keep counting ::) ; Btw How much is ALL. ?????????

george. 8) as in Hell ??? NO ;D

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 08:13:25 AM »

George (aqr)  ;D you are so funny! :D   
Kathy ;)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 10:24:14 PM »

george/aqr,
are you fessing up that you are the infamous Hell No??

claudia

little bo peep had lost her sheep
and didn't know where to find them,
leave them alone
and they will come home
wagging their tails behind them.  :D

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 12:54:49 AM by cjwood »

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 10:43:22 PM »

Claudia,

No, No, :o i am fessing up to being a sheep, in my Lord's flock. Hell No is doing yeoman's work in the lions den, He deserves all the support we can muster, i am way too early in my training to go there.

george. ::)

Ps. He can count; i still need to know how much is All.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 10:45:08 PM by aqr »

Linny

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 11:57:38 PM »

I posted this once before because I was so amused by it. I got this out of a Bible study I was doing with my daughter...

"Sheep are the dumbest of animals. They are helpless and get scared very easily. They have very little self-defense and will walk right into danger. They won't even try to run to safety. Instead, they will freeze and not even cry out. Sheep also do what all the other sheep are doing. If one gets scared and runs, the others will, too!

Sheep are very stubborn animals. They need a shepherd to guide them. If they are left on their own, they will go the wrong way, eat the wrong food, and drink the wrong water. If a shepherd doesn't lead them to new pastures, they will live in a rut. Sheep will even eat themselves right off a cliff. They will plunge over the edge to injury or death just to get that last mouthful of grass.

Sheep can become cast down. They can get turned over and stuck on their backs and die in a state of panic if the shepherd doesn't turn them right side up right away.

Sheep are bothered by pests. They get flies and gnats up their nose, and these pests lay eggs in there. When the eggs hatch, the growing larvae irritate the sheep's nose. Sheep will beat their heads against trees or rocks to try to get these pests to stop bothering them. The shepherd puts oil on the sheep's head and around its nose to kill theses pests." 

From Phillip Keller's book A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.