bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: prayer and proof read my resignation letter  (Read 12785 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: prayer and proof read my resignation letter
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 10:14:40 AM »

My opinion only, I would absolutely not read the letter in front of the church.  It would just be viewed as a kiss-off.  Anyone who cares why you leave will make a effort to contact you, and you can then tell them the reason at that time.  But don't expect a line at your door.

Craig

Roy Coates

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 12:38:23 AM »

Thanks Craig, I came to that conclusion as well. Two have already contacted me. I haven't had a chance to discuss my leaving yet as I have been out of town. I have shared some of the truths God has reveled to me all ready. I think it fell on deaf ears.

More will be reveled, Gods will not mine be done.

meee

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 02:39:09 AM »

Roy, your letter is kind and full of love. Prayerfully written.     I know some say not to have your letter read to all in the congregation, but that can cause some troubles too. I attended a Baptist church before the one I recently left.  At the Baptist church I held a position and besides that, everytime there was a need, I'd be called to bring a cake or some other food.  No one was told I no longer attended there and it was left to me. I finally told the one woman that has remained a friend, to tell the Pastor to tell everyone I no longer am a member.   It's better for me not having them calling me, to serve.
          As far as the recent church I no longer attend, no one has called or even asked my husband where I am. Soooo that is good that I'm not missed.
          One thing with this Pastor though, he is struggeling with understanding about Jesus and God the Father. He can't grasp how it was not the Father in the O.T. Elmer came home today telling me about Glen's struggle and him trying to teach something he himself doesn't understand. It seems to me that God is working on him. 
         Soooo, we can pray for your Pastor and for Glen and the congregations, that God would open their eyes of understanding, to know who He really is and to understand His plan for humanity.
        You are being obedient to your calling out, may God richly bless you.
         It's hard,so hard when your spouse doesn't understand. For me it's opposite from you and your wife. I'm the woman trying to tell my man. You just keep praying Roy and we'll pray on your behalf  .
        Your letter is beautiful, say a prayer and send it off .
        Father have your way in this matter and pour strength in brother Roy,   may it be according to your Will ,in Jesus name.Amen
      Meee           

Coach Kimo

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 07:01:23 AM »

Praise God my brother! We plant seeds and water those seeds. God gives the increase. Nothing we say or do falls on deaf ears - by faith we know that His eternal truths will stand and in His time He makes all things known. Our wives (many times) challenge our faith the most. I have concluded that it is meant to be that way since we are "one" with them. Pray with thanksgiving on seeing your wife draw closer to the Lord and continue to be the spiritual example to your family by your faith remaining strong in light of any criticism from them or anyone from your former fellowship. God is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. May your faith continue to increase! In Jesus, Amen.

Roy Coates

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 06:18:04 PM »

This is great thread. Not because I started it, but because of all the wonderful responses.

9440geoff

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 06:27:49 AM »

Hi Roy,

I thought I should explain why I thought your letter should be read to the whole church. These are the words of our Lord:

Mat 18:15  But if your brother may sin against you, go and reprove him between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
Mat 18:16  But if he does not hear, take one or two more with you, "so that on the mouth of two" or "three witnesses every word may stand". Deut. 19:15
Mat 18:17  But if he fails to hear them, tell it to the assembly. And if he also fails to hear the assembly, let him be to you as the nations and the tax collector.

It seems to me that your pastor is sinning not only against you but against the whole church, by teaching them lies, even if he is blind.

I don't know if you can take take "one or more with you", apart from your wife, so that leaves the option of "tell it to the assembly".

If I am taking these verses out of context, I stand to be corrected, but I continue to pray that the Lord gives you wisdom and guidance through His Holy Spirit.

Roy Coates

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 04:42:28 PM »

Thanks Geoff,
I should never say never, cause as soon as I do the Spirit may lead me to do what I have said I won't do.

Your advise is well received as is the explanation and the scriptures. Thank you very much. I will just wait on the Lord for direction. The dialogue has halted for now as the pastor has gone to Kentucky for a funeral.

There has been quite a buzz and I am sure it will continue for a while. There is a lot of side stepping and skirting of the issues. Unfortunately we have not yet had a thourough conversation due to schedules.

Thanks for all the thought, prayers and input

Roy Coates

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2009, 05:09:17 PM »

Things have heated up a bit. The pastors wife emailed me while he was out of town. I was inspired to write her back and rebuked her a bit because she miss quoted me. Last night i got an email from the pastor. He went on about why I showed up for service yesterday if I believed they were a part of Babylon. I told him in previous conversation that I would stay on until a replacement was found, he must have forgot. He then made several statements like "haven't you made up or mind" Were you just saying good bye" "If we are Babyalon why would I want to continue in a covenant relationship by caring for their grounds" I started to respond piece by piece like Ray does in his response to the emails. I never sent it as I felt it was better not to. He is well versed in the Bible and Doctrine and side steps the areas I have pointed out that he can not refute. Instead he will go onto another area. He also used " I(the pastor) am confused" at the end of each question. I believe he is not confused but doesn't care to be direct so he attempts to soften his statements with that. So instead of arguing I sent this :Your questions have been asked and answered. Read the emails I sent you. That may be helpful with your "confusion" May God bless you and clear your confusion.
Peace, Roy

I have sent cut and pasted teachings of Rays too. He is blind and I cant do nothing about it. I cut the lawn for the last time and left the church key in the mail box with no note just the key addressed to the associate pastor who gave me the key. It is true that I do not want a covenant relation ship with Babylon, I did feel a debt of gratitude to them and didn't want to leave them hanging. I even had the following Scripture to show him  he was right about serving Babylon:2Ch 19:2  And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the Lord I guess that's that. Peace Roy

Roy Coates

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2009, 07:30:29 PM »

It didn't go well, or maybe in Gods eyes it went perfect. To make a long story short the animosity started to flow as he was cc his emails to the church leaders to protect himself. It is done, finally out of Babylon.

I need prayers as my carnal mind trying to make me think I am wrong and going down the path of destruction. I think I will take a walk in the woods and listen for Gods voice and some of Rays teaching on church government.

Thanks all for letting me share.

Roy

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2009, 07:34:44 PM »

Roy:

Just keep remembering that you are part of a wonderful family here, that will support you, love you and lift you up when you need it.  NB

Roy Coates

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2009, 07:38:33 PM »

I did send all the emails to the leaders and some of the congregation as i was inspired to do today :o

larissa4676

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2009, 08:44:36 PM »

I second NB. It can be difficult in the beginning. The more we study and get further away from Babylon, the more clearly we can see that God has given us a great gift in revealing who/what we were a part of before coming out.

You have done the right thing and I'm excited for you and your family.

God be with you.

Larissa

Kat

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2009, 09:54:08 PM »

Wow Roy, sorry to hear Babylon lived up to their reputation, at your expense.  It is so hard to see people that you really care about and thought cared about you, behave in such a inconsiderate manner.  I believe you have given them a great amount of you time and put a lot of effort into what you have been doing there and this is how they repay you.  I can sympathize with you, because I had a similar experience with my ex-church.

John 15:18  "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.
v. 19  If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Luke 6:22  Blessed are you when men hate you,
          And when they exclude you,
          And revile you, and cast out your name as evil,
          For the Son of Man's sake.

I will remember you in my prayers.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Coates

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2009, 10:02:40 PM »

Thanks, Well recieved and needed.

Roy Coates

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2009, 10:12:48 AM »

It is done. My keys have been turned in and their grounds service canceled. I haven't got a phone call, text message or email since I responded to the pastor and leadership. Persecution for righteousness sake isn't fun, but it is a blessing. I am praising God and praying for them. I feel sorry for the "many" But for the Grace of God there go I. Thanks again for all those responses, thoughts, advice and prayers. May God have mercy on us all. Peace, Roy

meee

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2009, 11:57:32 AM »

Praying for you.
          hugs,meee

Linny

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2009, 12:16:32 PM »

Roy this is all as it is supposed to be. Someone will benefit from your persecution besides yourself. We just don't know oftentimes while we are in the midst of it why it is happening. But thankfully we know our trials are always for our good and for the Will of God in our life circle. I always receive a lot of peace reading in Psalms when I am feeling run over.   :-\ :)
Praying you will soon be feeling more peace and may your faith and walk make leaps during this time!

Blessings, Lin

aqrinc

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2009, 02:29:50 PM »

Hi Roy,

This is really where we begin to see things, that even now are hard but not impossible, to understand.

Here is the Patience of the saints:

Rev 13: 8-15 (MKJV)
8  And all dwelling on the earth will worship it, those whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain, from the foundation of the world.

9  If anyone has an ear, let him hear.

10  He who leads into captivity will go into captivity. If anyone will kill with the sword, he must be killed by a sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

11  And I saw another beast coming up out of the earth. And it had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke like a dragon.
12  And it exercises all the authority of the first beast before him, and causes the earth and those dwelling in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13  And it does great wonders, so that it makes fire come down from the heaven onto the earth in the sight of men.

14  And it deceives those dwelling on the earth, because of the miracles which were given to it to do before the beast, saying to those dwelling on the earth that they should make an image to the beast who had the wound by a sword and lived.

15  And there was given to it to give a spirit to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast might both speak, and might cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

Rev 14: 12-16 (KJV)
12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

13  And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

14  And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

15  And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

16  And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

george.

Nelson

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2009, 05:49:39 PM »

Hi Roy,

One of today's was an attempt to use "forsakesake not assembling yourselves" and told me that my leaving the church was not of God if I left and did not join another.

I got this too, this is always one of the chestnuts that is said when you leave church. I was a JW for 15 years and got it from them (and still do from my mum) and then after attending the local Baptist church and leaving I got it (and still do) from them too. The answer is simple though; It depends on WHO one is assembling with, and what they're assembling for

• "Now in giving these instructions I do not praise you, since you come together not for the better but for the worse" (1 Cor 11:17)

I get called the 'solo Christian', 'independent Christian' and 'freelance Christian'. I met one of the church members (one whom I dearly love) and he 'reminded' me that being a solo Christian was 'unbiblical' and I simply quoted the following scripture to him...

• "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them" (Mt 18:20)

...and asked him if he recognised our little gathering on a street corner as 'church'. He remained silent and I invited him to drop in on me any time for a Bible discussion, prayers and edification. I know he will not do it because he loves the local church and wants me to go back there instead.

I have been there a few times but there's no life there, lots of singing, praise and the reading and sermon but though often the words are true they have no life in them so I leave feeling empty, in fact I usually feel drained.

How different it is when I come here though, how rich and full of life it is here. Even when there's just the simple request for prayer those requests are full of spirit and life, and that is where the spirit of the Lord Jesus is, IN HIS OWN and in their words.

So many people seek truth, but even truth is without value unless it is full of life.

As the Lord leads you so follow Him with all your heart, He will NEVER forsake you so NEVER trust in your feelings or the outward things because they are so deceptive, listen to the spirit that speaks within you, recognise the movement of God in your circumstances and know when He speaks to you through others. "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths" (Pr 3:6)

Grace and peace to you and yours

Nelson

Roy Coates

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2009, 05:58:52 PM »

Nelson, Wow that was great. Praise God for you and all that have poured into my life during this time. I continue in hope and faith. Thanks again to all. Peace Roy
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 20 queries.