bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A Thank You from Idaho  (Read 9035 times)

tamaralv

A Thank You from Idaho
« on: June 23, 2009, 03:25:34 PM »

Just thought I'd say "hi" and introduce myself.  I'm fairly new to the forum, although I feel like I know some of you from reading your posts over the past 8+ months.  I found BT.com about 4 yrs ago and I'm ashamed to say that the only thing I took away from here at that time was a new belief(and TONS of relief!) that I wasn't going to burn in hell.  Because of the way my carnal mind works I assumed that the information gave me a "get out of jail free" card and I could stop feeling guilty about not being good enough. I then managed to mess up what was left of a pretty messed up part of my life.  About 8+ months ago I was at the bottom.......I mean REALLY at the bottom!  It's amazing to me how our Father works in our lives.  I was driving (I don't know where I was going) one morning and thinking about how wrong my life was and crying because I was just so miserable.  I kept thinking that if one more thing were to go wrong I was just going to end it....I couldn't take anything else.  I began thinking that maybe if I came back to the site and read more I might find some answers.  I thank our God every day that over the next 2 weeks that thought became relentless until I felt that if I didn't come back and at least try to find what I'd missed the first time I wasn't going to make it and I have a daughter to take care of so that couldn't be an option.   To make a long story short I did come back and printed off some material.  I realized just how wrong my attitude had been the first time I was led to the website so on Nov. 11, 2008 I sobbed and prayed like I'd never prayed before and I felt a rush of what I can only describe as complete and utter unconditional love from God.  I knew at that instant that the reason I had been so miserable was that I HAD to be brought to my knees so that I would learn that He isn't just A WAY............He's the ONLY way!  Now I can't stop praying and reading and learning and I have never been so happy!  I still have many problems, like everyone else, but I know that I am not alone and I never was.  I can see now that our Lord and Savior was always and is now with me through everything.  I'm even learning to love people again!  I want to thank all of you as well because of all that I've learned from reading your posts on the forum...you've all truly been a blessing.  So now that that's out of the way, I'd like to ask if there is anyone in the Northwest that visits this site.  Just curious because there aren't many that will even listen to what I've learned....not surprisingly I'm unable to find anyone besides my 16 yr old daughter that is even open to discussing the Greatness of our God.  I'll not take up anymore space.

Peace and Love,
Tammy

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 03:30:38 PM by tamaralv »

Marky Mark

Re: A Thank You from Idaho
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 03:55:23 PM »

Because of the way my carnal mind works I assumed that the information gave me a "get out of jail free" card and I could stop feeling guilty about not being good enough.

Welcome,and welcome back Tammy :D.

Sure is nice to know that when we think ::) we got it all together, our loving Father makes certain that we don't know what we think we know and then D-R-A-G-S us back into His ways and not leaving us to our own ways, which of course, is, the O-N-L-Y  WAY, Truth!

Peace...Mark

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 05:32:52 PM »

Tammy, I'm so glad you are here! You will find that we are all the same here. We are all human, no gods here! No perfection, just a bunch of rag-tag travelers going in the same direction from all different directions in life! We are all in the same boat, we're all in the boat together for better or worse! We love each other here, sometimes we don't agree, but we are of one heart and one mind..So welcome aboard and know that you will find love here and understanding. This is a place of safety for  broken hearts and wounded spirits. :D
Kathy ;)

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 05:44:54 PM »

Welcome Tammy! So,glad to hear your story. I too had an instant relief there was no Hell.  God had been dragging me before coming in here. I had just overcome a huge sin in my life. But, I could not believe he would forgive me. That, led me to thinking about all the diffrent teachings like Calvinist, Lutheran, Catholic , Fundamental Churches. He had me reading about all of those and others. I sat there that night and told God that this has me confused. Its kind of funny  how the verse that God is not the author of confusion came to my mind.

Just, like the night he started to help me over come this sin. The verse that he provides a way out of temptation. Those were about the only Bible verses I could remember. But, he put those thoughts in my mind.  

Little did I know, I was going to be showed the Greatest Love Story Ever Told.  I had to confess that I never knew him. It still amazes me how he Loves. I really want to learn to Love like that . For sure, I do not have a love that pure. But, I want it.

I am so glad he brought you back and looking forward to getting to hear from you.

In His Love,
Marlene

lauriellen

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 07:29:49 PM »

welcome tammy,
it is so great to read your story and know how God lead you here....or should i say DRUG you here! God has drug us all here, using similar or different circumstances, but the point is, WE ARE HERE! Sometimes He has to drag us BACK here, as we are only human.....like the hymn:
     O to grace how great a debtor, daily i'm constrained to be
     let they goodness like a feter bind my wandering heart to thee
     prone to wander, Lord, I feel it. Prone to leave the God i love
     here's my heart, o take and seal it, seal it for Thy courts above
peace and love,
lauriellen

cherokee

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 10:30:12 AM »

Hey Tammy,

Welcome to the forum.

Suzie

meee

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 11:39:36 AM »

Welcome Tammy!         Isn't it great that God is in control and doesn't give up on us and drags us to Him.     
              meee

tamaralv

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 07:25:44 PM »

Thank you all for the warm welcome and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.  It's nice to be among friends. :) 

In Our Father's Love,

Tammy

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 07:35:29 PM »

Hi Tammy.  The Father brings us along according to His own will.  It's His Love that draws men to repentance.  We can be very grateful for that, because there is no way we even would desire to know Him if He had not loved us first (and best).  I'm glad you've 'returned' with more maturity and look forward to continued fellowship with you.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

G. Driggs

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 06:07:44 AM »

Hi Tammy.  The Father brings us along according to His own will.  It's His Love that draws men to repentance.  We can be very grateful for that, because there is no way we even would desire to know Him if He had not loved us first (and best).  I'm glad you've 'returned' with more maturity and look forward to continued fellowship with you.   

So very true Dave, is that not just awesome Tammy? I wanted to end it all too before I knew the truth concerning hell. I really thought I deserved eternal torment in hell by fire. Now that I know the truth, that there is no such thing, I wanna live!

Big welcome to you Tammy!

Peace & Love, G.Driggs

Phil3:10

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 12:17:40 AM »

W@elcome Tammy,
Your testimony is so very much like all of ours. Just thank GOD and spend as much time as you can in this site, the Word and Bible-Truths.com. Our GOD is a wonderful GOD full of grace and mercy. Like you said HE brings us along according to HIS own will.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

Linny

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 01:12:28 PM »

Welcome Tammy! How cool that your 16 yr old is someone you can talk to about all of this. What an incredible blessing!
Looking forward to getting to know you!

Lin

bluzman

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 06:05:15 PM »

Hi Tammy,
 Isn't it wonderful to realize that God has shone His Light on you!
When I look back, I see that I didn't know I was in darkness.
      Peace, Bluzman
P.S. I have a niece who's name is Tammy. I think my sister got the name from
the song " Tammys' in Love" Cute name

9440geoff

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »

Hi Tammy,

Welcome and thanks for your testimony.

" For it is God Who is operating in you to will as well as to work for the sake of His delight." (CLV)

Geoff

lferretj

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 03:55:42 PM »

Welcome Tammy,
   Well I'm from the Great Northwest and have been praying for someone to join that was close by.  I'm just outside of Springfield, OR but I have a sister I visist occasionally in Idaho.  PM me if you want more contact info.  Glad to have you here on the forum.
       lferretj

iris

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 06:08:08 PM »

Hi Tammy,

Welcome to the forum!!

Iris

gmik

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 09:51:09 PM »

Hi Tammy.  thank you for your testimony!!  It gave me Jesus "bumps".  Welcome to our little piece of cyber-heaven-on earth! ;)

meee

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 10:09:09 AM »

Hey Tammy,
          I hope the heat in the Northwest isn't getting you down and to uncomfortable. How are you?
                    hugs,meee

MePogo

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 01:09:56 AM »

When I first came onboard here, the forum was a bit different.  Lots of folks wanted to argue and a common complaint was that, if there is no "hell" why not just party yourself through life.  We'll have no penalty.  Downright stupid remark.  Once you really understand, you feel the love of God and you want to please Him.  You feel his love and you want to follow in the footsteps of Christ.  Once you really read, study and pray on this wisdom, you are forever altered.  Love is the answer.  Now we are free to love, not forced out of fear of the terrorist hell=hole for eternity.  We can't equate love of God with fear.  Isn't it so simple and clear and beautiful?  To me, it was like stepping out of pitch darkness and into the light. 

Glad you're here, eyes open!  Hope Ray's work touches you as it has me.  The folks here are beautiful!

Welcome, blessings and knowledge in a whole new world!

Pogo

darren

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 12:46:44 AM »

Greetings and welcome, Listen most of us been at the bottom and know what it is to cry out for God to help and show us the way. I myself had just been through a life changing ordeal. Without getting into specifics, I had to change my lifestyle,. The way I took life for granted, my body and my mind. The way I treated my loved ones and friends (not that I have many). Just my life in general.  But I was at the bottom and crying out to God Please Please help me!!! Anyway I just wanted to say your not alone and you have everyone here willing to help in anyway they can. Trust me when I tell you that the people here are the best. They are truly God loving, kind and thoughtfull people. They will give you all the support they can possible give and truly, truly care to what happens to you. I'm sorry I just can't express enough  what a kind, caring group of people they are. Never be afraid of asking for help or guidance. Never be afraid of giving you thoughts and opinions. Here, You can not go wrong. Once again WELCOME!!

Darren
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.