bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Sinkhole into Sheol/Hades  (Read 4550 times)

daywalker

The Sinkhole into Sheol/Hades
« on: June 24, 2009, 04:33:07 PM »

I dunno about you guys, but I always wondered what exactly this verse below was talking about:

Numbers 16:30 But, if, a cremation, Yahweh create, and the ground open wide her mouth and swallow them up, with all that pertain unto them, and so they go down alive unto hades, then shall ye know, that these men have despised Yahweh.
31 And it came to pass as he made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground which was under them, clave asunder;
32 and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up them, and their households
[Rotherham's Emphasized Bible]

Of course, Babylon tries to use this as proof that Hell is an actual place down below us in the Earth's crust... nonsense! But what does it really mean? An earthquake perhaps? Or maybe this is what God was talking about:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20090623/ap_tr_ge/ml_travel_brief_israel_dead_sea_sinkholes

I've never heard of these before. But I read it today, and immediately I thought of the O.T. prophecies of the "earth opening her mouth... and people going down alive in Hades--the unseen"

Anyways, just thought it was interesting... Peace.

- Daywalker.  8)

jeetkunejimi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: The Sinkhole into Sheol/Hades
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 08:51:20 PM »

They go down into the earth (hades) alive, but of course they die buried alive, just as in a land slide or a fissure opening up and people falling into it, to their deaths. There is no eternal hell in this verse, Orthodox Christians use these verses desperately clutching at straws like all the other verses in the bible that are mistranslated on hell which just mens to cover or conceal.

One can see, think and operate much more efficiently when fear is absent.
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.

daywalker

Re: The Sinkhole into Sheol/Hades
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 03:59:30 PM »

They go down into the earth (hades) alive, but of course they die buried alive, just as in a land slide or a fissure opening up and people falling into it, to their deaths. There is no eternal hell in this verse, Orthodox Christians use these verses desperately clutching at straws like all the other verses in the bible that are mistranslated on hell which just mens to cover or conceal.

One can see, think and operate much more efficiently when fear is absent.

TRUE THAT!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.