bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isaiah 26 (Confused as this sounds like Annihilation)  (Read 6346 times)

jsendog

Isaiah 26 (Confused as this sounds like Annihilation)
« on: June 26, 2009, 04:18:10 PM »

ISAIAH 26 (From Young's Literal Translation)

26:9[With] my soul I desired Thee in the night, Also, [with] my spirit within me I seek Thee earnestly, For when Thy judgments [are] on the earth, The inhabitants of the world have learned righteousness. (seems to mean that only those that are ON the earth at THAT time will learn righteousness or seems to be exclusive with the second verse below?)

BECAUSE THEN....  IT SAYS:

26:14Dead -- they live not, Rephaim, they rise NOT, Therefore Thou hast inspected and dost destroy them, Yea, thou destroyest ALL their memory.

I'm confused???   This seems to appoint to annihilation of the unjust??  Is this scriputre meaning posib

Here is the King James Version:

26:9With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

26.14 They are dead, they shall NOT live; they are deceased, they shall NOT rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made ALL their memory to perish.

Can someone help explain the supposed contradiction here...

jsendog

Re: Isaiah 26 (Confused as this sounds like Annihilation)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 05:28:27 PM »

ALSO,

I missed this too:

26:10 Though the wicked is shown favor,
         He does not (U)learn righteousness;
         He (V)deals unjustly in the land of uprightness,
         And does not perceive the majesty of the LORD.

Anybody??  It seems to show that the wicked do not learn regardless, because this verse comes right AFTER 26:9

daywalker

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 05:54:11 PM »

Hello,

Isa 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
10  Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the LORD.

The difference is in the two bolded words. By allowing the wicked to continue to breathe and live even as they continue to sin, God shows them favour ["grace"]. Many people will continue all the days of their life in sin, unrepentant and thus not "learn righteousness".

BUT when God's JUDGMENTS are in the earth [The Great White Throne Judgment, The Day of the Lord, The Lake of Fire, etc.] "the inhabitants of the world [that's everyone in heaven, on earth, and under the earth--those who died...] WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Acts 24:15  And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Rev 20:13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the DEAD which WERE IN THEM: and [then] they were JUDGED every man according to their works.

Hope this helps. If you haven't already, read Ray's LOF on the BT main page. He explains this all in great detail.

Have a good one,
- Daywalker.  8)

ALSO,

I missed this too:

26:10 Though the wicked is shown favor,
         He does not (U)learn righteousness;
         He (V)deals unjustly in the land of uprightness,
         And does not perceive the majesty of the LORD.

Anybody??  It seems to show that the wicked do not learn regardless, because this verse comes right AFTER 26:9

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »

Hi jsendog,

Ray has done the study on this already, showing favor will not make the evil unrepentant heart righteous. Judgment in the world is what makes the Inhabitants learn Righteousness.

The preposition is that, when GOD'S Judgment are in the earth, then the inhabitants Will learn Righteousness.

Favor shown to the wicked does not change anything in the wicked.

Below is one example of Ray's papers on this.

Excerpt from: http://bible-truths.com/email14.htm

Dear Dugan:

Thank you for your email and questions.

Why should it seem a thing impossible that God Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth should be able to save a sinner?  Why does that boggle the mind?  Paul said that he was the greatest sinner that has ever lived (do we think he LIED?), and it took God about 3-4 SECONDS to save him. God saved him in one flash of light! Paul didn't WANT to be saved. Paul wanted to go to Damascus and PERSECUTE AND SLAUGHER CHRISTIANS--that's what Paul wanted to do. But God had other plans for Saul/Paul. And so first He converted Paul. That took about 3-4 seconds. Then He told Paul what he ABSOLUTE WOULD DO, and Paul immediately began to DO THEM.

Now then, why should it seem a thing impossible that God Almighty should save a puny wimp of a sinner like Hitler? Do you think this CHALLENGES God's power to ultimate? If ALL NATIONS are to God but "a drop in a bucket," what pray tell would you liken just ONE of the sinners from ONE of those nations to? And flea? An atom? We blaspheme the name of God and don't even realize what we are doing!

God sent [commissioned] His Son Jesus Christ "To be the SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD" (I John 4:14). Do you really think that Both God Almighty AND Jesus Christ thought for one second that this mission would end in the utter failure portrayed by Christendom? What a sick and disgusting gospel the Church is sending to the world today.

OF COURSE "None CAN come to Christ, except the Father draw [Gk: drag] them." (John 6:44). And that is precisely what God will do to ALL MANKIND. Every human on earth will repent, and acknowledge Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour (Phil. 2:9-11). But who believes these Scriptures? Virtually no one. God is coming to JUDGE THIS WORLD. Have you never heard that before?

Well what happens when God comes to JUDGE THIS WORLD?

"Because He has appointed a day, in the which He shall JUDGE THE WORLD in righteousness by THAT MAN [Jesus Christ] Whom He has ordained; whereof He has given ASSURANCE UNTO ALL MEN ['all'--that would be EVERYONE, Dugan], in that He has raised Him from the dead" (Acts 17:31).

Judgment Day will "give ASSURANCE TO ALL MEN," but who believes these Scriptures? Practically no one.

GOD JUDGES THE WORLD IN RIGHTEOUSNESS, HE DOES NOT TORTURE THE WORLD IN FIRE FOR ALL ETERNITY!

"For when Thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth the inhabitants OF THE WORLD WILL LEARN
RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Isa. 26:9).

But who believes these Scriptures and HUNDREDS just like them? Practically no one.

God is CALLING MANY, but CHOOSING FEW in this church age. When God sets His hand to CHOOSE THEM ALL, He will do just that. And then ALL MANKIND will be saved (I Tim. 2:4, 4:10, etc. etc.)

And God will be "ALL in All" (I Cor. 15:28). Not some in most or a little in a few, but "ALL in All." But who believes these Scriptures? Do you, Dugan? Are you not reading my Series on "The Lake of Fire?" You really should. You will learn more than in ten years of seminary.

God be with you,

Ray

george. :)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 05:58:06 PM by aqr »

jsendog

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 06:07:19 PM »

Hi There,

Thanks and I have been reading Bible Truths for about a year but have not actually gone through the entire Lake of Fire series (I've read the Myth of Free will and have been trying to wrap my head around that, whew..  it blows your carnal mind away, that's for sure, lol)

I was just wondering why this verse, specifically Isaiah 26:14 says..

Here are three different translations:

NASV

14(AC)The dead will not live, the departed spirits will not rise;
         Therefore You have (AD)punished and destroyed them,
         And You have wiped out ALL remembrance of them.

KJV

14They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, THEY SHALL NOT RISE: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.
Young's Literal

14 Dead -- they live not, Rephaim, they rise not, Therefore Thou hast inspected and dost destroy them, Yea, thou destroyest all their memory.

Anybody have revelation on this specific verse??  Sorry to be so worrysome..

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 06:27:56 PM »

Hello jsendog. Maybe these will bring about a better understanding of Isa.26 verse 14.

They are dead until resurrection and judgement.

(Amplified Bible)

14They [the former tyrant masters] are dead, they shall not live and reappear; they are powerless ghosts(spirit)9, they shall not rise and come back. Therefore You have visited and made an end of them and caused every memory of them [every trace of their supremacy] to perish.

(New International Version)

14 They are now dead, they live no more;
       those departed spirits do not rise.
       You punished them and brought them to ruin;
       you wiped out all memory of them.

Peace...Mark

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 06:29:30 PM »

No worries.  ;)

There really isn't a shortcut around reading the LOF articles, I can offer a tidbit though. Hopefully you have esword or a Strong's Concordance. If you look at the original Hebrew the dead, death, destroy, destroyed, which you have highlighted/emboldened also has a figurative connotation. All of our carnal man/men are dead/destroyed either in this age or in the age(s) to come, once we are "changed" the sinful (old) man will indeed be (and stay) dead, but our new man (in Christ) shall gain immortality.

1Co 15:20  But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

1Co 15:21  For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

1Co 15:22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Read the articles!

Peace,

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 06:31:29 PM by hillsbororiver »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 08:22:59 PM »

I believe it all comes down to understanding what Jesus said;

Matthew 18:11 "For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost."

It was ray who first pointed out to me that the word translated lost, is the same word translated "DESTROYED" or "PERISHED" in the new testement.

So if you read Matthew 18:11 with your eyes open you will see that; "the Son of man is come to save that which was lost, perished and DESTROYED."

No annhilation here.

God bless,

Alex
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 08:24:57 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

jsendog

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 08:35:50 PM »

I have a lot to learn!  Haha!  When I had my breakdown I began saying to people that the day I finally thought I knew everything there was to know was the same day I found out I knew absolutely NOTHING!!  What a humbling experience to say the least (I was also pleasantly suprised with what I found out about God). 

Thanks for the fast help in understanding!

-Jennifer :D

G. Driggs

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 07:02:10 AM »

Could be wrong but, seems to me that Scriptures (Isa 26:14) are telling us that the dead really are dead, unconscious, sleeping until the ressurection, and do not go to Heaven or Hell immediately upon death.

Isa 26:14  They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.

Second Witness:

Ecc 9:5  For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Third:

Psa 115:17  The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.

Fourth:

Gen 3:19  In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Here is a good one:

Joh 11:11  These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
Joh 11:12  Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
Joh 11:13  Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
Joh 11:14  Then said Jesus unto them plainly, LAZARUS IS DEAD.

Like I said, I could be wrong about Isa 26:14.

Peace, G.Driggs

lauriellen

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 03:57:42 PM »

g. driggs,
i think your explaination hits the nail on the head..........it made it plain as day for me, and it wasn't even my question!
thanks,
lauriellen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.