bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pray for me please  (Read 5754 times)

Shammie

Pray for me please
« on: June 26, 2009, 05:00:57 PM »

Hi All,

I have reading and studying on Bible Truths for a couples of years now. For years I have had the burden on taken care of family as many of you know. I had always worked hard for a major hospitality Brand in Jamaica. Every year i was given a promotion until i was promoted to a management position last year. I began to notice though that it was a constant struggle as what i was studying, praying for and trying to attain was in exact opposite to the values and practices that my company wanted. The company wanted me to live  , breathe and eat them ( this is an actual quote from a former director). They wanted me to be absolutely callous to my for workforce not wanting me to send them home when they were extremely ill etc. Since i came into the position i was unable to sleep. This began in April 2008 . I prayed about it and i consulted the scriptures daily. i was torn between taking care of my family and having peace. I resigned in Jan 2009  and i am still out of work.I must tell you it has been struggle, sometimes i am OK , studying , reading bible truths when i have the opportunity as i now have to find a kiosk and sometimes I realise that if i had staying to be successful I would have had to do things that I know is not what the Lord would have his children do.

I am requesting prayers as i feel so lonely. My family have deserted me. My mother practices witchcraft and wanted me to participate as well. When it told her no it was as if i not her daughter. We do not talk anymore. My other family members scorn be because they say i resigned from the perfect job and i am now going become a bum because jobs like those do not come easily in Jamaica. Sometimes i worry that i will not be able to take care of my daughter if i not find a job soon.

Please pray for my faith, perseverance and patience in this situation.

I thank you all .

Shammie

Ninny

Re: Pray for me please
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 05:41:18 PM »

Shammie,
I will be praying for you. God will take care of you. Hold tight to the truth you know, God will honor your faithfulness..
Kathy

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 09:10:00 PM »

God be with you, Shammie.  He is able to make you stand.  Prayers for all you ask for.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 11:59:21 PM »

Shammie, I will keep you in my prayers. My heart goes out to you. I am sure it is hard to leave a job when you need it and have a child to take care of.
I believe like Kathy. God will not let you down when you obey him.

In His Love,
Marlene

Ellie

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 12:35:47 AM »

Shammie, Will keep you in my prayers.It must have taken quite a lot of courage to leave your job.Being lonely is a difficult thing at times but here you have many friends and God will see this through.
                        Peace.....Ellie.....

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 01:12:56 AM »

my dear sister shammie,
the courage you displayed by quitting a job that was intensely urging you to go against your knowledge of what God would want His children to do, was indeed a step of faith. surely, our Loving Father will honor your faithfulness to Him and His ways. you are such an inspiration to me because when i was a single mother to my daughter, i did not have the courage of faith which you possess.

that your family has deserted you because they do not understand why you would quit your job, and that your mother has alienated you because you would not take part in witchcraft, are proof positive that you are experiencing the purging of God's fiery trials, as He molds you more and more into His beautiful image, and that of our Brother and Savior Christ Jesus. please take heart dear shammie that you are not alone, although we are not close enough in miles to give you our personal embrace for support.

Jesus Christ has NOT left you as an orphan in the storm, Jesus Christ is within you and as close as your breath. breathe Him in and meditate on the Truths that our Father has shown you through His Spirit, and what He has brought forth through the teachings of ray smith. i will pray and petition our Abba Father that He will lift you up in your mind and heart, and that He will bring about the job that He knows you need in order to support your daughter. please continue to wait on Him with the same courage that you showed Him when you quit a job that was utterly worldly and obviously callous to employees.

remain in His word and take up your mighty sword of faith, which He has provided in your spiritual armor, as it will deter and defeat your adversary.

love in Christ,
claudia

G. Driggs

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 05:45:07 AM »

Praying for you Shammie, you are right where He wants you. If you are doing this all for the Lord, remember;

Mat 6:31  Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32  (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33  BUT SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Mat 6:34  Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Second witness:

Luk 12:29  And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
Luk 12:30  For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
Luk 12:31  But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Luk 12:32  Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

I pray and hope that these words of our Lord Jesus will help your faith. It certainly helped mine, because my wife and I have not worked for a long time, yet He is faithful, always providing, one way or another, provided we seek Him first, truly seeing, hearing and most importantly doing.

If you are truly seeking His Kingdom, which I believe you are, then He will most definitely take care of you and yours.

Love, Peace and Spiritual Discernment to you Sister, and remember;

Mat 4:4  But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Luk 4:4  And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

I sincerely hope this helps, G.Driggs

p.s. May I send you a pm?

9440geoff

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 10:36:56 AM »

Well said Claudia, I second everything you've  said.

Shammie, you were continually promoted in your old company through your own hard work, but they didn't deserve you!
I pray that God will give you another job and that this time your Christlikeness will be appreciated, and also used as a witness to your mother and family.
To God be the glory,
Geoff.

Shammie

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 04:19:49 PM »

Thank you so much. I was so down but you have all lifted my spirits. I thank the Lord for you my brothers and sisters in Christ. I will also continue to pray for all of you and Ray as well.

Thank you all.

Shammie

Shammie

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 04:46:53 PM »

Hi everyone,

I had applied for job about 2 months ago and they called on Friday to invite me to an interview tomorrow. Again I am requesting your prayers for me in this matter .

The Lord knows best.
Shammie

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 04:51:36 PM »

The Lord knows best indeed.  Will pray for His will in this situation.  Thanks for sharing.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

9440geoff

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 07:18:49 PM »

Hi Shammie,

The Holy Spirit will be right there with you, guiding you and telling you what to say.

cjwood

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 07:40:21 PM »

dear shammie,
i pray that our Father will cover you with His comfort and peace as you sit in your interview. He will be your confidence as you look to Him for the words to say. i pray that His will be done as He knows your deep need for work.

claudia

Roy Martin

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 06:45:34 PM »

Hello Shammie
  You are in my prayers and thank you for asking.

In Christ
Roy

daywalker

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 07:49:51 PM »

Hello Shammie,

You did what you knew was right and honorable to God. By resigning from that job you placed God above everything else, and put all your trust and faith in His Ability to deliver you out. He will not let you down, but will repay you with interest. Hold still and don't be discouraged.

I am praying for you as well. Peace,

Christopher.  8)

blakparty

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 08:44:36 AM »

Hi Shammie,
     I will pray that God will give you the strength to carry on.  It is hard for you now but God will take care of you, you just watch and see.  You are talking to someone who has been kicked out of a residence one way or another three time in the last 5 years.  First I was with my babies mother for just 4 months.  I thought I was doing the right thing "B.L.R.S" (before L.R.Smith) and move in with her because she had had my child.  The church that I was going too would not have such a person in there mist so I kept it a secret. So after she kicked me out I had to find a place so I found a roommate over  the internet.  Stayed there for about 2 years (started studying on the L.R.Smith website) and I was still going to my church were I met my next girlfriend.   I got kicked out of the church because I was a Sunday school teacher and after learning the truth, I refused to teach the kids about HELL so I was called to the Bishop's office and ask why I refused and that was my oppurtunity to give him just a little piece of the Gospel.  Well needless to say, I was ask to leave and never come back.   About 2 years after living in a room, I recieved a check in the mail with my name on it for $3000.00 and I had another check coming with $25,000 but I had to pay taxes for it, so the $3000.00 check was for the taxes.  All I had to do is put it in my bank acccount and wire back half of it and they will send me my "big check".  Well it was a scam and my bank released the funds before they found out that it was a scam.  I was responsible for the check and had to pay back all the money and fees.  By doing this I got evicted from my room and moved in with my new, well 2 year relationship at the time, girlfriend and took over all the bills except few of the lower bills.  Well after the church battles between her and me (me trying to hard to share the truth with her) she had had enought and kicked me out.  I found a place by myself .

I say all this to say that through all this God took care of what ever I needed spiritually and physically.  I learned and the key word is learned a lot going through this and I thank God that I was taken in that direction so just hang in there you will find out at the end of all this what it was all for.  I will pray for you

meee

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 10:34:23 AM »

Praying for you Shammie, keep drawing near to God and He will not dissappoint.
          hugs,meee
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.