bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer request  (Read 8135 times)

tinknocker

Prayer request
« on: June 29, 2009, 02:54:40 AM »

A good friend of mine, Carl Kjose, was informed this week that he has cancer throughout his entire body. He's ok with it and informed us that he's ready if it's his time, but his wife, Pat, of 40+ years is not taking it well. They will be doing additional testing this coming week to determine what kind of cancer it is and if it's treatable. Just to let you all know they are still in Babalyon. Remember them in your prayers as they go through this trying time.

Blessings
Tom

G. Driggs

Re: Prayer request
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 07:59:03 AM »

I'd be glad to pray for them. May God grant them peace, comfort, mercy and healing, in the name of our Lord and Saviour, Who died (really died) and was resurrected by His Father, Jesus Christ. Let His will be done, and not my own, thank you Lord, amen.

Peace, G.Driggs
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 08:08:36 AM by G. Driggs »

meee

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 12:02:25 PM »

Tom I certainly will pray for your friends.    It's very hard for those left behind when a loved one dies, if this could be the case for Carl. Also for you being their friends.    Sending out a prayer for all concerned.
          hugs,meee

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 02:09:15 PM »

I feel for Tom and his family. This is a hard time for all. Will, keep them in my prayers.

In His Love,
Marlene

Roy Coates

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 06:20:34 PM »

yes indeed, they have my thoughts and prayers too. Peace, Grace, Healing and comfort to them and their families. In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 07:52:09 PM »

Praying for your friend for sure, Tom!
Kathy

tinknocker

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 09:03:55 PM »

To all of you - THANK YOU!

Tom

Roy Coates

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 11:03:32 PM »

;)

MePogo

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 05:58:07 AM »

So much of this terrible disease.  My husband of 40 years now has metastatic bone cancer so I know what this is like.  He is too weak to fight so I'm fighting for both of us.  But my Father is with me and giving me strength I never knew I had.  His will be done.  My prayers are with this family also; for health, healing and, most of all peace.  May God bless them.

Pogo

9440geoff

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 07:36:45 PM »

Hi Tom,

I'm praying for your friend Carl, and his wife Pat, that God will give them peace through this difficult time. I'm also praying for you, Tom, that God will give you wisdom, and the ability to share, sensitively, His truth.

Geoff

EKnight

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 09:45:52 PM »

This certainly puts my problems in perspective.  I will pray for healing and comfort.

Eileen

tinknocker

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 03:07:42 AM »

Pogo - I'm sad to hear about your husbands cancer - I will also be praying for both of you.

Tom

tinknocker

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 03:12:03 AM »

Geoff and Eileen - thank you for your prayers.

Eileen, I also thought the same thing as you about my problems. What a wake-up call.

Tom

tinknocker

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 03:12:10 AM »

Just an update about my friend Carl

He's in Hospice care now and doesn't have much time left. Don't know much more than that. They moved to So. CA. about 5 years ago so we correspond by email. He's not able to do that now. I did send him a link to B.T. about 3 years ago and asked him what He thought? He never responded to that email and I never pursued it. It's just hard to comprehend going from good health to your deathbed in one months time. The stark reality of how little time we have here on this earth is really hitting home through this. Thank you for all of your prayers.

Just thought I share with you what I know as of today

Tom

meee

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 10:57:18 AM »

Thanks for the update Tom.

My prayer is, Carl isn't suffering much and God's strengthening his family through this time and the time ahead. Carl will be at peace ,but the loss will linger for his family, friends,you.

For sure,none of us know if we have the next second on this earth.  I'm glad we don't know.

May God bless you and give you peace,
            hugs,meee

tinknocker

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 04:53:04 PM »

I recieved word yesterday my friend Carl has passed. They don't use the word died.

Tom

Ninny

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 06:25:51 PM »

Tom,
Passed or died... death is a sleep until the resurrection...a sleep without pain or dreams, dreads or thoughts. A peaceful sleep until Jesus calls his name..at which time we all will pass from death unto life...My prayer for you, my friend is comfort and peace, until that day... :'(
Kathy :-*

Linny

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 09:17:15 PM »

So sorry for your loss Tom. :'(
Lin

OBrenda

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 09:42:37 PM »

I'm also so sorry... :'(
Brenda

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 02:22:00 AM »

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.