bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Testimony...  (Read 3798 times)

Nelson

My Testimony...
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:20:55 PM »

Hi Folks,

I did put this up several years ago but that board was hacked and much stuff got lost. I wrote this testimony several years ago and so I have walked further with the Lord on the way to life. I hope it can encourage and touch someone, perhaps those who can relate to the experiences, or maybe just give you some insight into me as a brother in the Lord, may the spirit be with you as you read.

Here's the link: http://www.towerwatch.com/Testimonies/nelson_howe.htm

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen (2 Cor 13:14)

Nelson

meee

Re: My Testimony...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 09:38:50 PM »

Nelson, thank you for posting this. It is similar to my sister's time with the JW's.  When she needed them most they abandoned her.
  Praise God for bringing you out.
        hugs,meee

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 11:01:18 PM »

Thanks, Nelson.  I pray it will continue to be a blessing for those reading it.

Never been a JW or even knew much about them, but still can relate. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Samson

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 01:35:51 AM »

Hi Folks,

I did put this up several years ago but that board was hacked and much stuff got lost. I wrote this testimony several years ago and so I have walked further with the Lord on the way to life. I hope it can encourage and touch someone, perhaps those who can relate to the experiences, or maybe just give you some insight into me as a brother in the Lord, may the spirit be with you as you read.

Here's the link: http://www.towerwatch.com/Testimonies/nelson_howe.htm

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen (2 Cor 13:14)

Nelson

Hello Nelson,

Read your testimony and enjoyed it. I noticed you mentioned Raymond Franz. Have both of his Books and read them several times. We used to correspond with one another for several years through letter writing and had
a few phone conversations with him. It seems that after sending him some information from Ray's Site and some
excerpts from John Wesley Hanson's paper on the Greek Noun Aion and alittle about the myth of Free Will, he hasn't
written me since. I was a JW for twenty years, resigning in 2004. Embraced Universal Restoration in 2006 and found
Ray's Site in December 2007, the rest is history. After leaving the JW's, I really couldn't see fit to embracing Orthodox
Christianity as I realized they fell too short as to what I considered to be Truth. Anyway it's nice to know another EX-JW like myself.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 10:54:47 AM »

Yes! Thank you, Nelson. As an Ex Seventh Day Adventist (I was an Adventist for 20 years)  I understand.......
Kathy ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.