bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Football Thread Pt. 2  (Read 7193 times)

mharrell08

Football Thread Pt. 2
« on: July 01, 2009, 03:25:23 PM »

FYI: http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/6886008

I'm attempting to get a few members together to start a fantasy football league. I tried this last year but received no responses...but now we have a few members who have already signed on, so we need just a few more.

The link above describes what fantasy football is and how it works. If you're a die hard Miami Dolphins (Musicman) or Steelers fan (George Kuhns), you can always load your personal team up with your favorite team's players.

We have 4 members who have said they are interested and am looking for at least 6 more to make it a 10 team league. If more are interested, we will increase to a 12 members league.

So far we have myself [ATL Falcons], George (aqr) [49ers fan], Daywalker [Packers fan], and Titus21115 [NY Giants fan]. Any and all comers welcome! :)

You can either reply or send me a PM if interested. Thanks

Marques

mharrell08

Re: Football Thread Pt. 2
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 11:50:41 AM »

League Page is up: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=102828&seasonId=2009

If you like football, but are a little hesitant, no worries...it's not that complicated. It only takes 5-10 mins out of your week and makes other NFL games interesting besides your favorite team's. No one's really an expert at these matters (as we know, all is of God...and all these things are pre-determined by His Will) but it is fun nonetheless.  :)

We have 5 members so far so we're looking for at least 5 more and up to 7 more if necessary.

Thanks,

Marques

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 12:47:17 PM »

I don't see how to request an invite?

Craig

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 12:59:07 PM »

I don't see how to request an invite?

Craig

I do that part...I just need to know who's interested, they can send me their email address in a PM and then I send the invite from the league. If you are, do you want me to send one to your hotmail (that's listed on the forum) or another?

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 03:20:35 PM »

Marques,

When are you going to create the league, so we can join and start practice drafts. Don't we need to learn the players and new draftees as soon as possible.

george. ???

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 03:25:31 PM »

That's the link I gave, the league page. I'll post more info when I get home.

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 04:18:51 PM »

Cool, Craig may be trying to sign my best picks so i am now officially anxious  ;D

george.

mharrell08

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 09:12:57 PM »

Alright, thanks for all the feedback...we have 8 members now, and only need at least 2 more for an official league.

Members so far: Marques, George (aqr), Kat, Vangie, Daywalker, Matt (titus21115), George Kuhns, & Craig

Again, this link (http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/6886008) pretty much explains how fantasy football works.

1. You create your team...name, logo, etc.
2. We have a live 'draft' where every team takes turns drafting real NFL players. We will randomize the draft order once the league is full. 1st round is started by the team with the #1 pick, then team with #2 pick, and so on. The 2nd round goes in reverse...team with the last pick in the 1st has the first pick in the 2nd round, and continues backwards. The draft continues in this manner (alternating each round: 1st to last, then last to 1st) until everyone has a full roster.
3. Your team goes head-to-head against another team in the league each week of the NFL season. Most points by your 'starting lineup' wins.
4. You accumulate points by the stats that the players on your team get in the real games. For example: Every 10 rushing yards is equal to 1 point...if Adrian Peterson is on your team and he runs for 115 yards, you would get 11 points.
5. 6 of the 10 teams will go the playoffs which is very similar to the NFL playoffs. The playoffs begin in Week 14 of the NFL season and the final round is week 16.

Like I said, it may seem a little complex to any newcomers, but it is easy to get the hang of. ESPN does a great job with player analysis (I don't have time to research all these players, why not let someone do it for me?), helping you decide who to play each week, and other tools.

Thank you for all who responded and please send me a PM with your email address if you are interested...it is very fun and I look forward to it every year.  :)

Marques
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 10:41:59 PM by mharrell08 »

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 11:13:50 PM »

Alright, alright, alright...we're all set!!!!!  ;D

The league is complete with 10 members...thanks to Extol & Samson for securing the last 2 spots.

You all should have received an email from me as well as the draft order. And you read it correctly, KAT has the #1 pick! No pressure Kat!  :D

Have fun everyone and play ball!!!  :)

Marques

Kat

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 12:08:37 AM »

This is great, my husband knows all the players.  I think this is going to be fun  ;D

Kat

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 12:13:09 AM »

I am undone. #10  ???

george. :( :o :'(

Vangie

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 12:46:58 PM »

But you'll be first when reversed George!  Look at the bright side! ;)

aqrinc

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 01:20:31 PM »

I did Vangie, that is why i have not tried to trade up or down yet. ;D

george 8).

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.