bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matthew 23:3 - Is this literal?  (Read 5771 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Matthew 23:3 - Is this literal?
« on: July 02, 2009, 08:48:50 AM »

Dear Sir Ray,

I hope this question finds you well.

My question is - Did Jesus literally mean that we follow what the Scribes and Pharasees tell us to observe as in Matthew 23:3?

I hope you find time to answer this.
Thank a lot in advance.

Prayerfully,
Mike

Dear Mike:  Of course not.  Did He "literally" mean for 21st Century Believers to follow His command when,  "... Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and OFFER THE GIFT OF MOSES, for a testimony unto them" (Matt.  8:4)?  Are Believers to "literally" follow the Old Testament command when we read:  "Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, HIS BROTHER SHALL MARRY HIS WIFE, AND RAISE UP SEED unto his brother"  (Matt. 22:24)?  Would you "literally" follow that command if your married brother died?

Jesus is speaking to the Scribes and Pharisees who were still under the OLD COVENANT in Matt. 23.  He is NOT SPEAKING TO US under the New Covenant.  There is still the temple (there is no physical temple to bring to offerings to today).  There was the Levitical priesthood (there is no Livitical priesthood today).  The tithe was of the LAND, and for the nation of ISRAEL ONLY.  How many can trace their racial heritage back to ancient Israel?

Etc., etc., etc.  These Old Testament commandments written for Israel only are just another example of how the Christian theologians of today despise the Word of God.

God be with you,

Ray

Mat 22:24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.