bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Awesome Prayers For Mercy  (Read 13965 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: Awesome Prayers For Mercy
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2009, 03:53:07 PM »

joe,
after reading your opening thread post i just sat there amazed that it was Christ/Jehovah whom abraham and moses were communing with. oh the things that God our Father has revealed to us on the website via ray. i mean, i have read ray's studies about how it was Christ who was the mouthpiece for Almighty God the Father, in the OT. but when i read over the scriptures and it really, really hit me deep in my spiritual gut that these patriarchs were speaking to Christ, the same Christ who was sent by God the Father to be born a man, born a servant, and walk this earth, i just gasped to myself the magnitude of the Truth we have been shown.

and the fact that these 2 particular patriarchs thought it not peculiar to go directly to the Source and pray, even pleading, for God's mercy for others, not just praying for family and friends "within their own sphere of influence", was a lesson i needed to be shown.

and if all that was not awesome enough, your reply to ches/dogcombat regarding paul, and how paul experienced it all first hand (his faith, and perception of his own wretchedness) but his strength was not his own. it was the Spirit of Christ doing it in him. THIS VERY SAME CHRIST THAT SPOKE TO ABRAHAM AND MOSES!!! i mean, how absolutely amazing is that??!!

WOW, mind blowing (carnally mind blowing) !!!

thanks again my dear brother joe for this thread. and thank you my Dear Father for that Lovely Spirit working in joe for the uplifting of the saints. amen and amen.

claudia

Hi Claudia,

Do you think these prophets had any idea that the all powerful Creator they were worshiping and communing with would take upon Himself a flesh and blood body, live a most humble life and die a humiliating death becoming the Ultimate Sacrifice?

Could they have even comprehended this?

It will be an incredible thing when we are all in the Kingdom and these things are finally revealed to them, I hope to see the looks on their faces!
 ;)

I agree Joe...the Lord had me come to that realization when studying a subject I had created a thread about: 'Wrath & Indignation'.

I came to a couple of thoughts:

1. The Word of God/Holy Scriptures is for the few that God is/was/will be giving understanding to...the many that remain & dwell in Babylon will only receive the milk, not the 'deep things of God' [1 Cor 2:10]

2. Reading about wrath & indignation (especially after reading 'Exposing the Secret Rapture' paper [http://bible-truths.com/rapture.htm]), I realized, that though wrath & indignation is not appointed to God's Elect, the Lord STILL felt the need to inform us of it. I couldn't understand why...

3. Looking through the OT and seeing the many times that the Lord spoke of His wrath ['our admonition' 1 Cor 10:11], I was looking for the shadow/type. I then got discouraged because I was expecting to find some consistency. I mean sometimes the Lord would consume all, sometimes consume some, others He spared.

4. But again, the Lord had me realize again, this is for OUR admonition...not theirs of Babylon. So I looked for those in the OT who are a shadow of US, not the 'stiff-necked' people the Lord has us turning/repenting from ('turning/repenting' as it is not a complete process yet). Jackpot!

5. I found that in all these cases of 'the Lord's wrath wax hot' and so on, the OT saints and prophets displayed MERCY IN ALL CASES. And as the Lord tells us in Matt 23:23, you cannot leave one undone...as in you cannot have judgment without mercy neither can you have faith without mercy, and vice versa.

6. So in this age, and the next in the Great White Throne Judgment, there will be mercy for all sinners THROUGH CHRIST AND HIS ELECT. That is not to say that 'wrath & indignation' are done away with...but even in God's wrath & indignation, He will have mercy on all.

I got so hung up in my carnal mind, that these attributes of judgment were exclusive or opposed one another...but the Lord says, that they are NOT TO BE UNDONE from one another.

Matt 23:23  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Luke 11:42  But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

And woe be unto US, if we leave one of these UNDONE...as Joe said, let us not be without empathy for all of God's children (those in the faith now, and those who will be when converted in the next age) as Jonah was but let us take on the mind of Christ, for only God is GOOD.

Rom 3:10-12  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Eph 2:3  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
[We ALL did & still do though God is working in us to repentance...but Paul's not finished...]

v 4-10  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Thanks again for a great post Joe (sorry to be so long-winded, this has been on my mind for a while),

Marques

Marques,

Not long winded at all! A really great post, so much meat there to chew on, thank you.

Keeping in mind what you wrote I suspect this is all a part of what is written here;

Rom 13:12  The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

2Co 6:6  By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,

2Co 6:7  By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,

Peace,

Joe

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.