bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's a sin to read this post!  (Read 6871 times)

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
It's a sin to read this post!
« on: July 03, 2009, 01:42:37 PM »

Hi all,

Excuse me, but the last email to Ray was one of the most cruel and evil ones I have read until now. It was titled "It's a sin to read your material."
The person who wrote him started out the email with a "Dear Ray". Is that how he talks to someone DEAR to him? "Don't think there's a hell? Last I heard you are fighting for your life, so you are close to finding out."

Well, what can I say... This is the way you get after being fed the filth from the churches of this world for years without ever having your heart changed, or your eyes opened. That is maybe the most clear example of not having empathy that I have seen in my life. Another human being is extremely ill, and all you can say is: "Don't think there's a hell? Last I heard you are fighting for your life, so you are close to finding out."??? Blows my mind.

I want to change unto another subject. In the last few months I have been thinking a lot about judgment. The thing which got me thinking and reading about this subject was a thing that Ray said in one of his studies: "They don't know what He's going to do when He comes to judge the world. They haven't got a clue (paraphrased).

So I thought a lot about this subject and yesterday while I was getting ready to leave to work, this scripture came in my mind:

Because he has appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he has ordained; whereof he has given assurance to all men, in that he has raised him from the dead. (Acts 17:31)

I thought that I will take a closer look at this verse. Obviously, it points back to Isaiah where it says that when the judgment is on the world, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness. Of course they will learn it, because the judgment is done "in righteousness". I started thinking about the last part of the verse; why is this assurance related to Jesus' resurrection? Why will every man be assured that the world will be judged in righteousness by the fact that Jesus was resurrected? In a sense, the resurrection of Jesus Christ is showing the result of overcoming sin, like the whole world will do, and must do?

I can't wait to learn more about this, please join me here if you have some thoughts.

God bless you all,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

mharrell08

Re: It's a sin to read this post!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 01:56:25 PM »

These verses came to mind just now:

Matt 12:39  ...An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Matt 16:4  A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas.

Luke 11:29  This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

Like the scripture in Acts states, God has given assurance unto all men by raising Christ from the dead...and here in Matthew & Luke, Christ says that this is the only sign given to an adulterous generation (seed of Satan [John 8:44]).

Don't know if this helps you any but these verses came to mind immediately after reading your posts.

Marques

Kat

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 04:58:07 PM »

Hi Eirik,

Because he has appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he has ordained; whereof he has given assurance to all men, in that he has raised him from the dead. (Acts 17:31)

I started thinking about the last part of the verse; why is this assurance related to Jesus' resurrection? Why will every man be assured that the world will be judged in righteousness by the fact that Jesus was resurrected?

Paul was dealing with people that were not certain of Christ's resurrection. 

Mat 22:23  The same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Him and asked Him,

1Co 15:12  Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
v. 13  But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen.
v. 14  And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.
v. 15  Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up--if in fact the dead do not rise.
v. 16  For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen.
v. 17  And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!
v. 18  Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
v. 19  If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.

It is the resurrection that we all hope for, and only if Christ rose from the dead can we have assurance.  He is the firstfruit.

1Co 15:20  But now Christ has risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruit of those who slept.

Now at this time the whole Christian world do believe in His resurrection, but their fault is they do not believe He was dead.  So actually according to their reasoning why did He need to be raised at all?  Their doctrines just lead to confusion... "that's believing in contradictions and square circles." (quote from Ray)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 05:05:47 PM »

I think that when Jesus was raised from the dead this gave all mankind an assurance that what the Almighty Father speaks of[His Truth], one can then be assured[of righteousness], that the Truth of the Spirit is what we can all base our faith on and in. His will, will be done. Righteous judgement for all,not only some.

Peace...Mark

eggi

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 08:11:57 PM »

Hi Marques, Kat and Mark!

Thank you for your responses to my question. We think the same, I see. :) I knew that ;)

I really appreciate it.

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Rocket999

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 12:40:42 AM »

I didn't think it was right that Ray said "my reader's are probably of a greater intelligence than you are"

Sounds a bit condescending to me.

mharrell08

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 12:58:00 AM »

I didn't think it was right that Ray said "my reader's are probably of a greater intelligence than you are"

Full email (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10244.0.html):

Dear Ray,
 I hope you don't call yourself a Christian. I can't believe all the people who believe your crap. Don't think there's a hell? Last I heard you are fighting for your life, so you are close to finding out.

Dear Nameless:  Don't insult the people who read my material.  I am sure that most of them are of greater intelleigent and greater
morality than you are.
  You know absolutely nothing regarding the reality of an eternal hellhole of eternal terrorism and torture.  Hell
is primarily limited to the the worst of pagan religions and the King James family of English Bibles.  The Holy Scriptures know
absolutely nothing of this "hell."  There is not one word that is the equivalent of the old English word hell, but for those who dispise
the Word of God there is no use even wasting my breath trying to explain.  If I am wrong about you, then read the numerous artilces
that I have written on this evil and unscriptural heresy in my 'Lake of Fire" series.
God be with you,
Ray

PS   Thank you for your concern over my health and well-being.

I think Ray may have just been defending those who come to the site to learn about scripture...the email sender, 'Nameless', brought up the readers of the site first.

But I understand where you're coming from...we never want to become 'high-minded' as that is the first step before a great fall.

Prov 16:18  Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

I don't think Ray was being prideful, but it is always helpful to be reminded we should watch and be mindful of a haughty attitude.

Thanks,

Marques

jeetkunejimi

Blessed Assurence
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 02:57:37 PM »

Hi eggi,

The thing that strikes me dude as did reading Fentons account of Genesis chapter one with reference to the aions of creation is the word 'DAY'. That DAY that has been appointed to which the world will be judged may not be a literal 24hr solar day. It could perhaps be referring to the Lake of Fire correction that will occur for those at the 2ND death. It is Jesus who will judge as God has ordained him to do so, and we can be doubley assured that it is Jesus because God raised Christ from Sheol. Jesus has been given all things into his hands and he didn't die to fall even one short of a full catch. So yes it is very assuring indeed to a chosen called out few of mankind to know that God will correct us all through Christ so we can be united with Father God for the aions to come, and it will also be just as assuring to those of the 2ND death when they realise it.

Hope that helps your study a bit, but I could be wrong. Nonetheless God's will be done. Amen.

Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.

bunnylife

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 07:51:24 PM »

I remember reading this scripture and Ray talking about it. I have it cross-referenced with Romans 8:19-21 (KJV) 

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, (assurance the Jesus was raised from the dead)

G1680
ἐλπίς
elpis
el-pece'
Fromἔλπω elpō which is a primary word (to anticipate, usually with pleasure); expectation (abstract or concrete) or confidence: - faith, hope.

21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Why is creation (humanity) groaning...

When the sons and daughters of God (the Elect) are finally revealed then the rest of humanity will start on their journey of being set free by being judged in righteousness by the Man Christ and His Elect.

In His Joy,
Bunni

Patrick

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 08:01:51 PM »

Quote from: Rocket999

The author attacked us and then took it even deeper; attacking Ray's health and stating he's going to hell.

Main Entry: con·de·scend
Pronunciation: "kän-di-'send
Function: intransitive verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French condescendre, from Late Latin condescendere, from Latin com- + descendere to descend
Date: 14th century
1 a : to descend to a less formal or dignified level : UNBEND b : to waive the privileges of rank
2 : to assume an air of superiority

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,790.0.html

Quote from: Ray
Might I suggest that you read my paper: "YOU FOOLS! YOU HYPOCRITES! YOU SNAKES!" at the top of my home page. I guarantee you that you will never look at the Bible or Jesus Christ the same way again. And you might decide after reading what Jesus REALLY said to the Church leaders and clergymen of His, that you need to correct Jesus and His manner of teaching as well.

Just how many of those two-faced lying, deceiving, cut-throat, whited-sepulchres and hypocritical snakes in Matt. 23 do you suppose Jesus converted over to His way.  Maybe you will think too that Jesus needed to be a little more "gentle?"

Quote from: mharrell08

I think Ray may have just been defending those who come to the site to learn about scripture...the email sender, 'Nameless', brought up the readers of the site first.

But I understand where you're coming from...we never want to become 'high-minded' as that is the first step before a great fall.

Prov 16:18  Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

I don't think Ray was being prideful, but it is always helpful to be reminded we should watch and be mindful of a haughty attitude.

Thanks,

Marques

I don't understand where your coming from.
I don't believe Ray was being prideful, nor do I believe he has an haughty attitude either.
Maybe he descended to a less formal or dignified level, but never have I witnessed him assume an air of superiority.

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 08:40:58 PM »

I thought that I will take a closer look at this verse. Obviously, it points back to Isaiah where it says that when the judgment is on the world, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness. Of course they will learn it, because the judgment is done "in righteousness". I started thinking about the last part of the verse; why is this assurance related to Jesus' resurrection? Why will every man be assured that the world will be judged in righteousness by the fact that Jesus was resurrected? In a sense, the resurrection of Jesus Christ is showing the result of overcoming sin, like the whole world will do, and must do?

I can't wait to learn more about this, please join me here if you have some thoughts.

God bless you all,
Eirik

Hi Eirik,

Remember These Scriptures?:

None of this is damage control; This was the way from before the world was formed. (At least 3+ Billion years ago)

Mat 25:34 (MKJV)
Then the King shall say to those on His right hand, Come, blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

I used two versions for (Ephesians 1: 4-5) as it helped to clarify a bit.

Eph 1: 4-5 (GNB)
4  Even before the world was made, God had already chosen us to be his through our union with Christ, so that we would be holy and without fault before him. Because of his love
5  God had already decided that through Jesus Christ he would make us his children---this was his pleasure and purpose.

Eph 1: 4-5 (CEV)
4  Before the world was created, God had Christ choose us to live with him and to be his holy and innocent and loving people.
5  God was kind and decided that Christ would choose us to be God's own adopted children.

Rev 13: 8-10 (WNT)
8  And all the inhabitants of the earth will be found to be worshipping him: every one whose name is not recorded in the Book of Life--the Book of the Lamb who has been offered in sacrifice ever since the creation (foundation) of the world.

Let all who have ears give heed.

10  If any one is eager to lead others into captivity, he must himself go into captivity. If any one is bent on killing with the sword, he must himself be killed by the sword. Here is an opportunity for endurance, and for the exercise of faith, on the part of God's people.

Heb 4:3 (MKJV)
For we who have believed do enter into the rest, as He said, "I have sworn in My wrath that they should not enter into My rest;" although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

1Jn 5:9-11 (WNT)
9  If we accept the testimony of men, God's testimony is greater: for God's testimony consists of the things which He has testified about His Son.

10  He who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in his own heart: he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, in that he has refused to accept the testimony which God has given about His Son.

11  And that testimony is to the effect that God has given us the Life of the Ages, and that this Life is in His Son.

Rev 20:4 (WNT)
And I saw thrones, and some who were seated on them, to whom judgment was entrusted. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded on account of the testimony that they had borne to Jesus and on account of God's Message, and also the souls of those who had not worshipped the Wild Beast or his statue, nor received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands; and they came to Life and were kings with Christ for a thousand years.

george :).

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.