bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I had my heart broken today...  (Read 4513 times)

Ninny

I had my heart broken today...
« on: July 03, 2009, 08:49:42 PM »

I don't want to take away importance from anyone's prayer request, but I have another...
Saw an old friend today and my heart broke I just held him in my arms and cried. I told him I didn't even know he'd been sick. He is 44 years old, he's a diabetic who never took care of himself, drank to excess, did drugs and who knows what...He was always such a handsome guy with these beautiful blue eyes! Now he's thin and gray his eyes are still the beautiful eyes I remember..I told him I have many, many friends who will pray for him..He may lose a leg,  diabetics are always at risk if they don't take care of themselves.. He's frail and it just made me cry and he knows he did it to himself. He's going to church now and he's quit drinking and trying to stop smoking..He told me God is in charge of him now...When I told him I was going to get all my friends to pray, he whispered "Thank you".
His name is Marty Green and I'd ask you to please pray that God will do with him according to His will, but healing would be nice so that he doesn't lose his leg..

Thanks everyone, again!
Kathy :'( :-*

mharrell08

Re: I had my heart broken today...
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 09:25:17 PM »

Prayers and healing requested from God and our Lord, Jesus Christ...His Will Be Done.

Matt 5:4  Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Ps. 119:75-76  I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me. Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant.

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 10:09:50 PM »

Hi Ninny,

My Prayers for Marty Green have been sent, there are never enough Prayers, and GOD Is No respecter of persons.

george. :)

Roy Coates

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 10:15:34 PM »

My heart aches too after reading that testimony. May God grant Marty healing, comfort and peace in the name of Jesus Christ we pray it, amen

southland

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 10:48:51 PM »

Hi Ninny my prayers have been sent for Marty Green

Matt

Marlene

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 12:02:18 AM »

Well, Kathy of course I will pray for Marty. I have been a diabetic for years. I have tried to take care of myself. But, we all have moments. I thank God I have never had a desire to drink. I have had drinks before, but it was nothing that I really enjoyed.

All kind of things can raise your sugars. Stress, Poor Diet, and Illness. I know because I have had perfect days, but let me be stressed out and up the sugars go. Or , if you have a cold or an infection. It is a constant battle. Drinking is really not good for it . It is dangerous to take the meds and drink.
But, he knows he is wrong. God will help him overcome. I also, take medications that make you crave sweets. That, is a real battle.

In His Love,
Marlene

G. Driggs

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 01:15:41 PM »

Praying for Marty, healing and mercy.

Joh 11:4  When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby. (KJV)

2Co 4:17  Our troubles are small. They last only for a short time. But they are earning for us a glory that will last forever. It is greater than all our troubles.
2Co 4:18  So we don't spend all our time looking at what we can see. Instead, we look at what we can't see. What can be seen lasts only a short time. But what can't be seen will last forever. (NIrV)

These verses are just as much for me, as they are for Marty.

Peace, G.Driggs

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 01:27:50 PM »

Thank you my sweet and precious friends...
Kathy :-*

9440geoff

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 03:01:11 PM »

The results of diabetes can be devastating. My wife has type 2, not badly, but I know it is a constant battle. I pray that God will take up the battle for Marty and that he will keep his leg.

Geoff

Ellie

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 03:49:02 AM »

Also sent prayers for Marty...In his peace...Ellie....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 17 queries.