bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting...  (Read 6146 times)

Ninny

Interesting...
« on: July 05, 2009, 10:56:09 AM »

Ecc 7:12 For in the shadow of wisdom it is as in the shadow of silver, And the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom keeps alive those possessing it."
Ecc 7:13 See the work of the One, Elohim; For who can set in order that which He has overturned?
Ecc 7:14 In a day of good be resting in the good, And in a day of evil, be vigilant; Indeed the One, Elohim, has made this one along with that one For this reason, that a man cannot find out anything about his hereafter."

These verses are from the CLV I read them this morning and found them very interesting.Of course we KNOW that God is in control of all things, but when I read this I had a better respect, I guess for knowing that indeed, in black and white God has shown us that HE, the Elohim, has set all things in motion whether we understand it or not! We don't always have to understand, we have to believe, we have to remain loyal to the one True and Living God who, in the beginning set our lives on course and gives us strength to stay that course...Hopefully someone else will benefit from this. I was blessed by this...
Kathy :D

G. Driggs

Re: Interesting...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 12:08:25 PM »

So true Kathy, and yes it does help. Sometimes it frustrates me when things are not going my way, and I don't understand, but I know no matter what, He IS in total control, and it is for my ultimate good.

Rom 11:33 O, the depth of the riches and the wisdom and the knowledge of God! How inscrutable are His judgments, and untraceable His ways!"
Rom 11:34 For, who knew the mind of the Lord? or, who became His adviser?
Rom 11:35 or, who gives to Him first, and it will be repaid Him?
Rom 11:36 seeing that out of Him and through Him and for Him is all: to Him be the glory for the eons! Amen!

Peace & Love, G.Driggs

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 03:01:11 PM »

Oh yes, George these verses are so comforting as well!! So beautiful to have such a Father! No wonder He made Heaven and Earth! His heart knows no bounds!! His love knows no favorites and His mercy triumphs over judgment!!

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 03:19:16 PM »

Kathy,

I was reading from Ecclesiastes two nights ago, stopped at Ch:6 10-12. As soon as i got to the end of this Chapter, i got very tired and closed my bible and went to sleep. Now you have continued for me with this very illuminating witness.

Ecc 6: 10-12 (CLV)
10 What has come to be has already been called by its name, And that which man is has been foreknown; No one can adjudicate against Him Who is mightier than he."

11 When there are many words the vanity increases; What advantage is that to man?

12 For who knows what is good for a man in life During the number of days in his life of vanity, Seeing that He makes them like a shadow? For who can tell a man what shall come after him under the sun?

Rom 8: 27-31 (CLV)
27 Now He Who is searching the hearts is aware what is the disposition of the spirit, for in accord with God is it pleading for the saints."

28 Now we are aware that God is working all together for the good of those who are loving God, who are called according to the purpose"

29 that, whom He foreknew, He designates beforehand, also, to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be Firstborn among many brethren."

30 Now whom He designates beforehand, these He calls also, and whom He calls, these He justifies also; now whom He justifies, these He glorifies also."

31 What then, shall we declare to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?

george. :)

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 03:20:41 PM by aqr »

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 03:27:03 PM »

You Georges are really blessing me this day!!! Thanks George T.!!  WHO on this earth needs to go to church on a Sunday or any other day when there is such good fellowship right here on this forum??!!
God is so good to give me sweet friends and family such as the likes of you guys?!! ;D ;D

Marlene

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 06:18:34 PM »

Well, I cannot say this if strange, but the Lord had me reading in Ecclesiastes last Sat. and for a few days last week. I , have read this many times while in Babylon. But, never did I see it or hear it while there. You can read it over and over and God shows you more and more.

You all know how I suffer in pain. Last Sat. I went outside in the sun and read my Bible. Ecclesiastes is what God had me focus on. I even got out my Rotherham's and compared it with other Bibles.  Well, God blessed me with the sunshine. It makes it easier for me to see in my Rotherham's. I also, got much light about God while doing this. He opened my heart to many things in it. I had some relieve from my pain for a little while. I even got to go out and do somethings with my Husband. We need a new door for the front of our house. He was torn about what I would want. He had one he wanted to show me. As, we walked into the store. I looked in front of me and said, "Wow, I like that door".  It was the same door he liked. God blessed me more then I could have ever dreamed of that day. With his word, and his blessing of taking most of the pain so I could spend time with my Husband.

I have to second Kathy, we need no church on Sunday, or any other day. Our church is here any time . I told my family one night. If, we send out for a need of prayer there is usually someone on sometime during the 24 hour prayer. We have church members in here from many places throughout the world.
But, mainly we have God anytime 24 hours a day always. If, we were all alone without a person who cares we have God.

I love you all and when you hurt I hurt for you!

In His Love,
Marlene

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 06:27:29 PM »

And the feelings are mutual! Marlene! You know even if we come here in the wee hours and write what we need to say it's like a burden is lifted because we have opened our heart to God and to those we love here! Even if no one is online at the moment..someone cares and will answer the call to prayer!! God is good!!

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 07:36:04 PM »

Where do you guys get Ecclesiastes in CLV? I've looked online but have been unable to find it anywhere. I'd love to read this whole book in the Concordant Version, becuase it's one of my favorite books of the Bible, and the snippets I've read have been more enlightening than any other CLV passages I've seen.

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 07:39:30 PM »

Where do you guys get Ecclesiastes in CLV? I've looked online but have been unable to find it anywhere. I'd love to read this whole book in the Concordant Version, becuase it's one of my favorite books of the Bible, and the snippets I've read have been more enlightening than any other CLV passages I've seen.

Hi Extol,

This should work for you.

Concordant Literal Version (CLV): complete with Old and New testaments.
This site provides the clv for e-sword... but it requires registration.

http://e-sword-users.org/users/node/226

The Concordant Literal Version for E-sword 9.x. download it here.  Zipped version here, just unzip zip file, cut, copy and paste unzipped file to C:\Program Files\e-Sword.

george. ;D

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 07:50:45 PM »

This is for the 9.X and above 

http://e-sword-users.org/users/node/3175

the earlier post is the 8.x and below.  Please make sure you know what version you are running before downloading. 

meee

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 02:48:36 PM »

This is for the 9.X and above 

http://e-sword-users.org/users/node/3175

the earlier post is the 8.x and below.  Please make sure you know what version you are running before downloading. 

Praise God this one works, and thank you too Novicebeliever!

Anyone happen to know where to get the Rotherham's for e-sword 9?
              Thanks,meee

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 03:13:22 PM »

Your welcome Meee!  I haven't seen the Rotherhams yet for 9.X. They were more limited on the latest esword versions. NB
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.