bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A temperance sermon  (Read 3619 times)

G. Driggs

A temperance sermon
« on: July 05, 2009, 02:11:05 PM »

A preacher was completing a temperance sermon. With great expression he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river!" The congregation nodded their approval. With even greater emphasis he added, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river, too!" The people clapped and were saying "Amen." And then finally, he concluded, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river!" Thunderous applause and yelling ensued from the people, "glory to god!" And the preacher said,"give Him paa raise and gaa lory!" The preacher continued,"And all of god's children said"? God's children said, "Amen!"
As he sat down, the song leader then stood up quite cautiously and announced, "For our closing song, let us sing Hymn #365: "Shall We Gather at the River."

I liken myself to the song leader.

G.Driggs

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: A temperance sermon
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 03:07:37 PM »

;D ;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ninny

Re: A temperance sermon
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 03:11:34 PM »

I'm laughing, George!!  ;D :D
Kathy ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.