bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Genesis 1: 28  (Read 6278 times)

Roy Martin

Genesis 1: 28
« on: July 05, 2009, 09:01:48 PM »

Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it;

What does subdue mean, or rather, how do we subdue it?

Roy

mharrell08

Re: Genesis 1: 28
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 09:29:23 PM »

Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it;

What does subdue mean, or rather, how do we subdue it?

Roy

subdue [Heb. 'kabash'] - to subject, subdue, force, keep under, bring into bondage

In Gen 1:28, it is used in the imperfect tense...as a continuing action.

Rom 8:19-21  For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

1 Cor 15:25-26  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Rev 5:10  And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth

Rev 20:6  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Roy Martin

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 09:02:33 PM »

Thank you Marques, but I still don't understand. Can you explain it in more simple terms? Sometimes I just don't understand what I'm reading. I barely got my GED. so be patient with me.

Roy

Kat

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 09:34:02 PM »

Hi Roy,

Gen 1:28  Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

Subdue - To conquer by force or the exertion of superior power, and bring into permanent subjection; to reduce under dominion. (E-Sword dic.)

To me this first has a physical meaning.  If there were people on the earth before Adam, they had not subdued the earth.  Maybe this is the beginning of this period of the earth being subdued.  It does seem from that time forward man has indeed been in the process of conquering and has brought into subjection most of the elements here on earth.  We certainly have put under dominion most of the living ceature at this point.  IMO we have abused these privleges in many ways and the earth and it's creatures are suffering.  So then you can see how the Scripture that Marques posted are implied.

Just thought I would share the way I'm looking at this.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Martin

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 09:44:37 PM »

Thank you Kat.

Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.