bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seven Pounds  (Read 4522 times)

the goldfields

Seven Pounds
« on: July 06, 2009, 02:28:01 AM »

I watched the movie "Seven Pounds" again yesterday.
I found it to have some profound themes and I believe many that have watched it would not have seen the higher thoughts expressed through the script.
There are references to laying down ones life for others, meat eating, giving sight to the blind and cleaning/fixing "the beast".
Ever since the Sun began to rise and give light to my understanding of the Scriptures I have enjoyed finding truth contained unexpectedly in film.
I guess it shouldn't be that surprising to me, now that I know that God is Sovereign and completely in control of all things that are surrounding me and that are within me.

Psalms 139:6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

Anyone else seen it?

Sam.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Seven Pounds
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 03:28:59 AM »

Ever since the Sun began to rise and give light to my understanding of the Scriptures I have enjoyed finding truth contained unexpectedly in film.
I guess it shouldn't be that surprising to me, now that I know that God is Sovereign and completely in control of all things that are surrounding me and that are within me.

Absolutely true for me too, though I haven't seen this one.  I'll watch out for it. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Daddysgirl

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 10:01:58 AM »

The goldfields

Tried watching the movie a few weeks ago with a friend, I telll you 180 minutes passed and we still couldn't make out what the movie was about.. let alone enjoy it :-\!!

I found the overal theme interesting (from reading pre-views) and would still like to see it again, maybe this time my thinking cap will be on :D

I actually always try to watch similar kind dramas only, for edification purposes and yes, I did pick up the "laying down one's life down" reference at the very least :).

With love,
Matty

musicman

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 07:51:28 PM »

I'm pretty sure that physical sight cannot be transfered from one to another.  And the rest of the organs would have to be compatable.  And wouldn't poison from those jelly fish render many organs useless?  Just a few observations I made from that flick.

Roy Coates

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 11:07:34 PM »

i loved that movie, very inspirational. Intersting insight on your part goldfield ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.