bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your prayers please!  (Read 5857 times)

Nelson

Your prayers please!
« on: July 06, 2009, 06:04:32 PM »

Hi Folks,

I know this may sound stupid but I've been asked to work in the Middles East in September for a few days. Unlike other times I've been asked to work abroad my first reaction was to get God's thoughts and will on this matter. I have prayed already and I have to give an answer by tomorrow morning.

I'm asking for your prayers please that I may know God's will on this matter and do the right thing regardless of how things may seem to be outwardly.

I kind of feel like I'm cheating by asking as many of you have much more serious matters but there's something in my spirit and feel that this matter is being played on a stage to see what I do.

As my family in Christ there's nowhere else I can take this matter to other than to the Lord Himself. I appreciate your prayers and kindness brothers & sisters.

• "Now I beg you, brethren, through the Lord Jesus Christ, and through the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in prayers to God for me," (Ro 15:30)

Thanks be to God for His undeserved kindness and to you my brothers in Christ for your love and supplications.

Grace and peace to you all

Nelson

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Your prayers please!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 06:35:32 PM »

Hi Nelson.  Sometimes the question is more important than the answer.  I pray the Lord will work His will in both your decision and in your decision-making.  Please let us know what transpires.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Roy Coates

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 07:11:20 PM »

Your in my prayers to brother, Peace

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 12:19:56 AM »

I will pray for you Nelson. I hate when I have hard decisions to make.  For, the most part God has always helped me make the right decision. That, is if I do not try and jump in fast. But, in your case you don't have much time to make a decision.
In  His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 12:58:15 AM »

My Prayers have been sent for you Nelson.

george.

ez2u

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 03:01:08 AM »

Nelson  my prayer are with you too.  Sometimes I wake up with answers after a good night sleep.  God Bless peggy

gmik

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 03:05:48 AM »

May God Bless yu w/ a sweet peace as you make His decision. thank yu for allowing us to share in your burden.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 08:22:40 AM »

Ecclesiastes 1:13 And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.

Hi Nelson,

My prayers are with you and your dear family.

Peace,

Joe

OBrenda

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 10:14:22 AM »

Nelson I will do so!

G. Driggs

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 05:55:55 AM »

Praying for you Nelson.

Php 4:6  Don't worry about anything. Instead, TELL GOD ABOUT EVERYTHING. Ask and pray. Give thanks to him.

G.Driggs
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 05:57:35 AM by G. Driggs »

Ellie

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 06:03:50 AM »

What is serious to you is valid as a request for prayer.Praying for God's will in this matter...........peace ....Ellie.......

9440geoff

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 07:15:37 AM »

Praying that God will lead you to the right decision, Nelson. Not your will, but His.

Geoff

Nelson

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 05:46:09 AM »

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your prayers and kind words. The Lord does indeed manifest Himself somehow and He gives wisdom to those who lack and ask Him in faith.

So you will be encouraged here's what happened.

I work for myself and was offered some work in Saudi Arabia for 4 days in September. September is usually a quiet month and the work offered would pay handsomely (about $3500), all expenses paid etc. I thought "Great, could use that money", however, there was something inside me that said that I'm on a stage with an audience watching hence the prayer request.

I prayed a few times myself and went to bed. I had a very uneasy night waking up frequently but nothing too bad. I felt great in the morning though and of course I prayed about this issue a few more times before I had to make the decision. The moment came and I decided to take the work and so I let me client know my decision, they were delighted and started getting things in motion for the invitation etc.

That evening while checking my emails I had confirmation from another client of some work in Belfast, Northern Ireland for a couple of days in August. I replied to the email accepting their offer. Then there was another email from my Saudi client, the dates have changed because of Ramadam, can I now do it on one of two dates in August instead? These dates clashed with the dates I'd just confirmed with another client (for work worth significantly less) and the other date clashed with our holiday break. I thought about it as I could have contacted my other client and changed the Belfast dates with them, but as I was thinking this a thought came to mind, it was,

• "But let your "Yes' be "Yes,' and your "No,' "No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one" (Mt 5:37)

I'd already said YES to the other client and even though I could change that, it didn't feel right. So, I told the Saudi client that I'm not available on the dates and so I've lost that work, but I now realise why I felt as I did. Your prayers have helped as I feel like a changed man and the Lord has let me know that he will always provide for me and mine.

We never now where things will lead but it is so important to walk in the spirit and with your help and the strength of the Lord I overcame in this little matter. God bless you dear brothers and sisters.

• "Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!" (Ro 11:33)

Grace and peace to you and yours

Nelson

Roy Coates

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 10:03:24 AM »

Praise God!

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 12:10:40 PM »

Nelson, God takes care of his people for sure!  :D
Kathy ;)

Marlene

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »

What, a wonderful witness to God's Love and Care of his children! So, happy for your Nelson!

In His Love,
Marlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.