bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting concept/what generation?  (Read 7121 times)

Marky Mark

Interesting concept/what generation?
« on: July 07, 2009, 06:00:11 PM »

Hello all.
Found this in the archives and thought it was a interesting post.

Comments welcome. :)

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1510.0.html

The annointed,the overcomer,the few,the chosen,the body  OF CHRIST----this is the 42nd generation 

As every one here on the BT forum  knows,the bible is inerrant,the perfect Word of God.There are no mistakes to be found within it's pages,so when we come across statements that seem to be inaccurate,that stick out,you can believe that there is a reason and significance that was planned by the book's inspirer---God.The same is true for any mathematics and accounting in the text.With that in mind lets look at something...........

Matt 1:17 "So all the generations from Abraham to David are FOURTEEN generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are FOURTEEN
generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon into CHRIST are FOURTEEN generations."

Now if you take out your bible and read the names you will find that something is amiss.We should end up with 42 generations with Christ being the 42nd name on the list.But He isn't.Christ is infact number 41.There is one generation missing.So who is number 42?Who is THIS generation?Who are Christ's decendents and bare His name?Listen Up CHRISTains I am talking about you.

Isaiah 53;8-10 "He was taken from prison and from judgment: and WHO SHALL DECLARE HIS GENERATION? for He was cut off out of the land of the living: for the
transgression of my people was He stricken. And He made His grave with the wicked, and with the rich in His death; because He had done no violence, neither
was any deceit in His mouth. Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him, He hath put Him to grief, when thou shalt make His soul an offering for sin, HE SHALL
SEE HIS SEED, HE SHALL PROLONG HIS DAYS, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand."

Psalm22:30-31 ''A seed shall serve Him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for A GENERATION. They shall come, and shall DECLARE HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS unto a people
that shall be born, that He hath done this."

I Peter 2:9 . . . "BUT YE ARE A CHOSEN GENERATION, a royal
priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."

Now here is the icing on the cake-----Rev.11:15----"And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of OUR LORD AND OF HIS CHRIST; and He shall reign forever and ever."

Now if Jesus is LORD then WHO is His Christ?-------Psalms 2--"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord,
and against His anointed (Christ), saying, Let us break THEIR bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh; the
Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. Yet have I set my king upon my HOLY HILL
OF ZION. I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, THOU ART MY SON: this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the
heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. THOU SHALT BREAK THEM WITH A ROD OF IRON: THOU SHALT
DASH THEM IN PIECES LIKE A POTTER'S VESSEL."

The annointed,the overcomer,the few,the chosen,the body  OF CHRIST----this is the 42nd generation

Peace...Mark

aqrinc

Re: Interesting concept/what generation?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 06:21:42 PM »

As every one here on the BT forum  knows,the bible is inerrant,the perfect Word of God.There are no mistakes to be found within it's pages,so when we come across statements that seem to be inaccurate,that stick out,you can believe that there is a reason and significance that was planned by the book's inspirer---God.The same is true for any mathematics and accounting in the text.With that in mind lets look at something...........

Of course we would have to take the first statement at face value, do you?.

george. ???

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 07:13:40 PM by aqr »

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 06:39:55 PM »

FYI: Email reply from Ray (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1997.msg16418.html#msg16418):

Matthew Chapter 1 said there are 42 Generations in the time line between abraham and jesus and luke chapter 3 verse 23-34 saids there are 56 generations. Matthew chapter 1 saids that jsephs fathers name is jacob in verse 16 and luke 3 verse 23 saids its Heli even if he goes by more then one name it does not explain the disagreement of generations in the books.

Dear Reader:
There are many reason for this, and all of them are highly complicated. You can read about the possible solutions on your own. It would take ten pages to discuss the basics of all the possibilities.  One genealogy apparently sticks to Joseph's literal linage, while the other to his legal linage through the "right of kings" to the throne of David, etc.  Jesus had a bloodline through Mary back to Adam, but He was LEGALLY of the tribe of Judah and a descendant of King David, which gives His authority to sit on that throne as King of kings, etc.  Also "son of" is in italioc and not the original.  So some of the descendants were merely "of" so and so, not the literal first general "son" of so and so, etc. Sorry don't have time to go into this in an email.
God be with you,
Ray

I found this email where Ray touched on this a little but no paper or other definitive statements. Not disagreeing or agreeing just letting anyone know.

Hope this helps,

Marques

ericsteven

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 07:57:30 PM »

Here is another possibility that may be of interest.

There are some who believe that many of the New Testament letters were originally written in Aramaic.  In fact, you’ll find many scholars who maintain that at least the gospel of Matthew was originally written in Aramaic and then later translated into Greek.

Those who believe this use the Aramaic Peshitta, an early Aramaic version of the Scriptures, to back up their belief.  You can go on Google and find sites both for and against the use of the Peshitta in trying to understand the Scriptures.

But, as it relates to this topic, one interesting thing is that, in the Peshitta, the word that is often translated as ‘husband’ in our English versions from the Greek in Matthew 1:16…

Matt 1:16   And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

…could possibly also have the meaning of ‘father.’  The Greek is more precise than the Aramaic, so looking in the Greek Scriptures, the Greek word used would definitely mean ‘husband.’  But since words in the Aramaic can have a more varied meaning, the men who translated the Aramaic into Greek just chose the wrong Greek word to represent that word in Aramaic. 

If that’s true, that would make Joseph, the father of Mary, the 13th generation and then Mary herself as the 14th.  Thus no contradiction with Matthew’s later statement of the 14-14-14 generational pattern. 

Anyway, just another point of view perhaps looking into, if you’re interested.

Eric

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 08:40:46 PM »

Those who believe this use the Aramaic Peshitta, an early Aramaic version of the Scriptures, to back up their belief.  You can go on Google and find sites both for and against the use of the Peshitta in trying to understand the Scriptures.

Hi ericsteven,

Are you referring to the Syriac Peshitta, or is there also an Aramiac version ???.

george. :)

daywalker

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 08:49:07 PM »

At first I thought he [the poster] was just being sarcastic with the opening statement, but after reading whole thing perhaps he wasn't...

Interesting topic, nonetheless.

Daywalker.  8)

Of course we would have to take the first statement at face value, do you?.

george. ???

George,I knew you would catch that ;),I was giving the poster the benefit of the doubt and assuming that he was in error of the word he chose-used [bible], instead of the Word Scripture, as in,the Word of God.

Peace...Mark

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 09:45:09 PM »

Hi Everyone,

First off I won't even attempt to explain what I might believe the genealogies are representing although I do have some thoughts (not important), the bigger picture to me at least is the question of "man made" errors in the scriptures or if you prefer the Bible(s).

How can man override God's Word with his own? We know there are additions and mistranslations in every version (some more than others of course) but did this happen outside of God's sovereignty? Was He left to wringing His hands in despair as men mutilated His divine Word with hell, eternal, etc. as well as additional words/verses added centuries later?

Or is there more to this than what meets the eye?

Paul states;

2Ti 3:16  All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Was he naive or is the same Spirit who inspired Paul to write these Words the same Spirit who inspired/directed men to leaven His holy scriptures? To what end, for what purpose?

Well, we have the many;

2Th 2:11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

And we have the few;

Mat 13:44  Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Mat 13:46  . Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

The first step into the Kingdom is when we are given eyes to begin seeing His plan and purpose and ears to hear and discern His Words. The apostles also wondered why it all wasn't laid out clearly for all to see and understand;

Mat 13:10  And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

Jesus replied;

Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

This was prophesied by David, Solomon and Ezekiel;

Psa 49:4  I will incline mine ear to a parable: I will open my dark saying2420 upon the harp.

Psa 78:2  I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings2420 of old:

Pro 1:5  A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

Pro 1:6  To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings2420.

H2420
חידה
chîydâh
khee-daw'
From H2330; a puzzle; hence a trick, conundrum, sententious maxim: - dark saying (sentence, speech), hard question, proverb, riddle.

Eze 17:2  Son of man, put forth a riddle, and speak a parable unto the house of Israel;

Keep this in mind;

Pro 25:2  It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.

Peace,

Joe

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 10:48:51 PM »

Thank you, Joe. This is the type of thing we need to be understanding.  This should put to rest a lot of questions about some of those mysteries in scripture. God is in control of all! Nothing takes him by surprise.
Kathy ;) 

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 11:05:46 PM »

Nothing.

george.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 12:52:11 PM »

Hello there Mark, Kathy & George,

As always I appreciate the comments and replies and Mark I apologize for the hijacking.... This is just how my mind works sometimes, a topic just spurs a chain reaction of thoughts that at times leads me away from the original intent of the person who started the thread.

To be honest I was heading toward some comparisons to Daniel Chapter 2 before I caught myself  :o and decided it might be better to perhaps start a new topic on that idea.  ;)

Peace,

Joe

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »

Hi Joe,

Waiting eagerly for your new topic. I was directed to reread several chapters of Daniel just yesterday. So much happening so rapidly now, almost no time to catch a breath in between.

george. :)

Marky Mark

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 02:42:32 PM »

Hello there Mark, Kathy & George,

As always I appreciate the comments and replies and Mark I apologize for the hijacking.... This is just how my mind works sometimes, a topic just spurs a chain reaction of thoughts that at times leads me away from the original intent of the person who started the thread.

To be honest I was heading toward some comparisons to Daniel Chapter 2 before I caught myself  :o and decided it might be better to perhaps start a new topic on that idea.  ;)

Peace,

Joe

Joe,no apology needed,any and all imput is of the Spirit,concerning Spiritual matters ;).

Peace...Mark

hillsbororiver

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 07:03:07 PM »

Thanks Mark,

So true, anything spiritually edifying we gain here comes from the One True Source, sometimes we as individuals are the conduit through which He channels His Spirit and His Truth even as we all should be prayerfully asking for godly discernment.

Just like Solomon (1Kings 3:5-11).

Peace,

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.