bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for a family member  (Read 42689 times)

tamaralv

Re: Prayer for a family member
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2009, 02:46:33 PM »

Marlene,

You have my thoughts and prayers also.  May He continue to strengthen your family through this ordeal with your niece, Theresa. 

Peace and Love in Christ Jesus,

Tammy

9440geoff

« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2009, 03:04:07 PM »

Continuing to pray for Teresea, Marlene, that God will do what's necessary to bring her back to good health.

Geoff

Marlene

« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2009, 01:04:39 PM »

Hello, I wanted to let you all know something about Teresea. Well, they narrowed it down finally. She has varcies not sure if that is how they spell them. They are in the stomach. That, is why she has been bleeding. They are causes because she has a blood clot in her spleen.  They are thinking of removing the spleen or they may try something else. They say it is common when some one has cancer in the pancrease.

I am glad they found the cause of the blood loss. She is not looking forward to another surgery. They are checking out other alternatives. But, she cannot keep loosing blood. She is so wanting to come home to be with the family for the holidays. This time of year is when my Father passed away. We do not put much stock in the holidays. It is just a time we can all get together. But, I told her it is just another day and that we can all get together any day. She is more concerned about my 4 year old nephew who has it kind of rough. She is also concerned about my Sister with her bad health. She hates to tell her she might have to have her spleen removed. So, she is waiting till she gets more news. She kind of wants her younger Sister with her Mom when she is told
or probably us.

In His Love,
Marlene

Marlene

« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2009, 06:31:49 PM »

Hello All, Well, Teresea has her surgery to remove the spleen. The give her two shots to keep her from getting any of the things your spleen protects you from. He is hoping to doing a laposcopic. If , so she will be in there two days. If, the other way it will be 5 days.

She is anxious to get this over and move on with her life and get the rest of her chemo. She is cheerful and not afraid. She is peaceful. I thank, God he is with her and gives her peace. She knows, what I believe and she is looking forward to getting better and reading Ray's articles. She also, thanks all of you for your prayers. She feels really good that you people are the ones praying for her.

Well, when I get home tomorrow night I will let you know how  it all went. Her surgery is at 12:00 afternoon.

Once, again I thank God for Ray and all my Brothers and Sisters in Christ on the forum. What, a great family God has given me!

In His Love,
Marlene

Marlene

« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2009, 12:23:55 AM »

Hello All, Wow what a day. Finally Made it Home. They had to give her plasma to thicken her blood so it would clot. They had to give her transfusion. She had an alergic reaction to the plasma. Thank God they were able to take care of it. Her eyes were almost swollen closed. But, God is good and they helped her and were able to do the surgey. They got to do the lap surgery and removed the spleen. He said, that was what was causing the blood loss and the varcies in her stomach and that this should take care of the blood loss.

He said, she did really good. She seemed very good and able to talk to us. She was very cheerful.

It was a stressful day on my Sister and she kind of had a spell after we saw Teresea after the surgey. I think it was from the stress and emotions. I got her checked out and she seems fine now. I thank God that my Husband is so wonderful to me and all my family. Even, my 89 year old Mother went over to wait.   

Things have not been normal here since July. I am finding that God is with us and no matter our age and health he is able to pick us up.

I have been able to talk to my family about the truths of God. I believe he is reaching them and that in these trials he is holding us all up. For when we are weak, he is strong.

Thank you all for the prayers. You are all a gift to me and my family from God.  Now, I hope Teresea can finish the chemo and it will continue to work as well as it has. 

In His Love,
Marlene

Roy Coates

« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2009, 01:14:58 AM »

sounds very difficult but headed in a positive direction. Thanks for taking time to update us. continued prayers for you and yours, Peace

Marlene

« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2009, 11:22:56 PM »

Hello All, We went over to the hospital and picked Teresea up. They removed her spleen and the blood is no longer being sent into her stomach and creating the varcies.

She is glad to be home. She has lots of brusies and hard to get up and down. But, she looks much better now. We are all going to spend time with each other New Years Eve and New Years Day.  We are looking for a good time together.

I thank God every day for my family. I thank God for all of you!

Just, pray that she can finish her chemo and it continues to work like it has so far.

In His Love,
Marlene

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2009, 12:08:20 AM »

marlene,
i have not been online for several days, and just now read the updated posts on teresa. i am glad for her that the surgery to remove her spleen is done, so that the focus can again be on finishing the chemo treatment. i pray for her that our Father Physician will cause her to eat well and heal her cells. i pray that He also will give her His peace and strength of spirit, to endure this time of her life. i pray for you marlene and your dear family.  it is true indeed marlene, as you said before, that when we are weak, He is strong. Praise God for His Strength!

claudia

tamaralv

« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2009, 05:47:39 PM »

Marlene,

So glad to hear that Theresa is home and recovering from her surgery.  Of course I'll continue to pray for her and your family.  I tend to be a little grumpy when I don't feel well and I don't like that about myself.  Theresa's sweetness in the face of serious illness is  such an inspiration!  Please keep the updates coming.  Enjoy your family time during New Year's as well.

Peace and Love in Jesus Christ,
Tammy

Marlene

« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2010, 11:41:22 PM »

Hi,  I just thought I would let you all know Teresea had her visit Monday with her oncologist. All, her blood work came back good. She is no longer loosing blood. She goes back to see the surgeon Jan 15th. She is looking forward to that so he will give the ok to start her chemo again.

The oncologist told her since the spleen caused the problem she will be able to continue with the chemo that has been working so well. What a relief to us all. First, God took care of her colon so it would not rupture. Now, he protected her from the spleen that was causing bleeding into her stomach.  Now she will be able to finish her chemo in a couple of weeks.

God blessed her by seeing she got more disabilithy from work so that she could take more time off. She had worked several months after surgery and chemo up till a couple of hospital stays . It makes me so happy she can take this terrible cold time off to heal and not have to be out in it since her chemo she takes causes you to hurt all over if you get cold.

I thank God and Teresea does to ! Even, though this trial has been long and has more time to go through. She has 7 more chemo and hopefully she can come through this good. God has spared her life twice now.

I thank God for all of you. I covet your prayers.

I can tell you that she has not felt sorry for herself. She worries over her Mother who needs her.

God , is good.  He is with us though this fiery trial.

In His Love,
Marlene

Ninny

« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2010, 02:00:23 AM »

God is watching out for your family, Marlene!  :D
Kathy :-*

9440geoff

« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2010, 03:30:06 PM »

Thank God things are going in the right direction, Marlene.

Geoff

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2010, 05:26:10 PM »

Thanks, Marlene.  And it's sweet to know her emotions and attitude are clear as well as her health clearing.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marlene

« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2010, 08:20:35 PM »

A quick update on Teresea. She has been back to work for a month now. She has been able to have two chemos in Feb. Her blood count is up highter then it was before her first surgery.

Her platelets have been good the last two times having chemo.

Her cancer cpa in her blood stream has went from a 14 to a 7 and now down to a 4. The best being a 2or 3.This happening even when she had not been able to have chemo right after her last surgery.

Her Spirits are good and she is such an inspiration to us.

I talked to my neighbor the other day. She lost her husband of cancer. She acted as if Teresea was going to die.
I told her that I believe if it is Gods will he can save anyone from cancer or any other disease.

When, all this first happened I felt hopeless to help her. I cannot give her a healing. But, I believe God has given me peace that he is going to heal her.
I see his hand on her and my family.  I have no doubt that God is a miracle worker.  I have seen in here testimony of those who have been healed from physical illness. I being, one he spared my life.  I have witnessed God working miracles in here, by giving us ears to hear and eyes to see. What, a gift from God to be given understanding.  Nothing, is more important in this life then to understand the operations of God.

Just want  to thank you all for continued prayers and will let you know. They will do another pet scan after her next chemo so they can stage it again.

I have peace that God is going to give her a Physical and Spiritual healing. I have shared many of the truths of God with her. She never gets upset about it. We are very close and have always been.

In His Love,
Marlene

Marlene

« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2010, 02:53:54 PM »

Just, wanted to share with you some joy we have been given. This whole process since July has been many ups and downs. Teresea had two chemos but was not able to have the one this week. She became to dehydrated , potassium to low and other things. They worked on those things and decided to not do the next one yet.

They are going to check her blood results and make a decision to either do her next chemo or run the pet scan.

I have thought for sometime now they should have run the pet scan. I cannot get it out of my head that she is healed. I have such a peace in my heart. I have had for sometime now. I know, that peace comes from God.

She came over to see her Dog who I have been keeping since Sept. She looks fantastic. She has got a short haircut and she looks so young. She just turned 37  Feb.

But, this is so amazing. She shared with us that the hospital she works for and also has her cancer treatments with have decided to go with what the Insurance agrees to pay and has taken all other Bills she owes and decided to let them go. She told me yesterday that she knows that all came from God.  She is out getting some new clothes to wear since she has lost so much weight.  She is with My Mother who is 89 and my Sister and her care worker.

God has enabled me to help her in many ways and even with some money. I do not have alot of money, but God blessed me by getting my disability and I have always wanted to help those in need. God has always blessed  me with my needs. That, is all we really need. Not, saying he has never gave me some of my wants. But, I know it is our needs that is all he wants us to want. If, I have him in my Heart that is all I want. He knows, our needs. He even takes care of those without our asking.

I am not saying all this has been easy, but Teresea trusting Christ this has made it easier on her and also on us. Wow, what a trial, but what a blessing it has become. Not, just in what I know is going to be her healing. But, that it has grown her leep and bounds and made her look at her purpose on life as different.

God works all things for the good even when they do not come out our way.  I did not want for her to have this. But, God knows better then I do.

In His Love,
Marlene
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:59:33 PM by Marlene »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2010, 04:25:41 AM »

That is good news Marlene.

I too have been given to look at my trials and tribulations not as wrath that is going to destroy me, but as blessings of God who has appointed each trial to overcome and every tribulation to walk through with His Spirit. We are not appointed to wrath, which is so comforting! So when I look at any difficulty that a true believer is experiencing, I see it as....wow....that is a big blessing that God has designed you to overcome!

I am ever aware, that the overcoming is not without tears, pain and deep changes God is working is us. :)

It is His work in Teresa, you and all of us sharing our burdens, joys and sufferings as He unites us in His Spirit.

Arc

EKnight

« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2010, 12:45:49 PM »

I too have been given to look at my trials and tribulations not as wrath that is going to destroy me, but as blessings of God who has appointed each trial to overcome and every tribulation to walk through with His Spirit. We are not appointed to wrath, which is so comforting! So when I look at any difficulty that a true believer is experiencing, I see it as....wow....that is a big blessing that God has designed you to overcome!

I am ever aware, that the overcoming is not without tears, pain and deep changes God is working is us.

Arc,

Your words are so applicable to my own current trial.

Marlene,

I can only hope and pray that God gives me the faith and courage that he has graced both you and Teresa with.  I am glad to hear that she is doing much better.  I pray that God continues healing Teresa.

Love in Christ,

Eileen

judith collier

« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2010, 04:12:11 AM »

Marlene, Teresa has been through so much and you too. I find it amazing Teresa is still standing after going back through this thread. With God's help Teresa will continue forward. I will continue to keep you and Teresa in prayer.
Continue to hold up Eileen too Marlene, you have fortitude and Eileen needs everyone of us now. Judy

Phil3:10

« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2010, 07:32:46 PM »

Marlene,
I am so happy to hear of your good news regarding Teresa. My continued prayers for Teresa, her family and for you. May GOD bless and keep you all and may the future hold blessings innumerable.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

Marlene

« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2010, 02:52:13 PM »

Hello, Tomorrow Teresea has her pet scan to see how the tumors from cancer are doing. She has been through many twist and turns since last July.

I can already tell you that she knows God is with her through all of this. You all know how she takes care of her Mother.

Well, chemo had been giving her some side effects as she is getting closer to being done with them.

She had an extension on her disability at work since she had to be off 5 weeks from the spleen surgery. She has had many up and downs.

The last couple weeks have been rough on her. She did not get to work much a couple of weeks ago. As, a fact one of those week she could not work at all.

Her disability had run out. For the most part she has worked through all of this. She is back to work this week and feeling better.

Today, she called me and informed me that the Hospital decided to pay her even when she cannot work. They had canceled all her medical Bills her insurance did not pay. But, this was way more then she had even thought would happen. God is really working good out of this terrible situation.

He is growing her leaps and bounds. Not to mention it is really making my Sister see God in action. It has taken stress off of all of us.

They are even going to pay her for the time she had off before.

I do none of this to show us glory. But, to show any who may be going through things how amazing the work of God is.

I do have to tell you she is such a delight and never complains. For some who do not know how she came to be in our life. My Sister was raped. She almost lost her while carrying her. God had a  plan too bless us with her. Even, what seems to bad can bring good.

I know, that God has been using me to show my Sister, Teresea and others in my family his truths. The amazing things is Teresea never had a problem with it. My Mother never believed in Hell. My Husband is happy with it also.

I know, all the pain of those who family reject them. My Brother rejects me. My Husbands family think I am lost. But, they don't even know what I believe.

All, I can say is we are lights to the whole world.  We wait patiently for the Lord in all things. I know, that our trials are for a good purpose.

I thank you all who have prayed and all who have followed with us through our journey of this trial.

In His Love,
Marlene
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.