bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for a family member  (Read 42918 times)

Marlene

Re: Prayer for a family member
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 04:33:27 PM »

I want to let you know that Teresea is done with the colonoscopy. It is not good news they found a blockage and also a mass. They will doing surgery tomorrow. I will let you all know tomorrow. She is holding up better then us. She was our gift from God. Just, pray is all I ask. My younger neice will be staying with her at nights till  Teresea is out and longer. Teresea works and is my Sisters full time care in evenings and weekends. My Mother who is 88 is taking it so bad.  I pray they got it early and it is not cancer but we know nothing but what I have told you.

In His Love,
Marlene

bluzman

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 08:34:37 PM »

Marlene, how great your burdens are. I pray for your health and for God to give you strength during these very difficult times.
I pray also for Teresa's health to improve so that she can get back to normal. I pray for all of your family dear sister.
In His Name,
    Ches

EKnight

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 10:44:37 PM »

Oh Marlene, this is such a trying time for you and your family.  I know that you adore your niece.  I pray for her healing.  And little Ethan is in good hands with you.  I hope he is not too much trouble for you with all this other stress.

I hope it all goes well.  I pray for your dear mother too.  I know how worrisome it is seeing an elderly parent fret.

Eileen

blakparty

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 11:47:29 PM »

I will pray for your niece Terressa.  I am sorry to hear that, Marlene.  I believe in God for all physical and spiritual healing according to His will!

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 01:32:49 AM »

In prayers, Marlene.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marlene

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 12:10:39 PM »

Hello I want to thank all of you who are praying for Teresea and my other family members. Now, I know why God let me experience the last serious illness I faced three years ago. It was to bring me here, he used it. I know, that he has a purpose for what is going on now. He is also, using here to strength me for my entire family.

Last, night alone he let me get out all of my emotions. I have memory's of Teresea because she lived with my family for most of her life. Then lived with me for 11 years after my Father's death. She is a child from a rape. I know, that none of us are perfect yet. But, when he made her he made it really close.
She is being strong for her Mother. What, I wanted to let you all know is last night I was able to sleep and you all know I have a painful life. Not saying there is totally no pain but I can bare this pain.

But, while in the shower God came to me. He asked, Can I walk on water" I said, yes Lord." Then, he asked can I move mountains. I said " Yes, Lord"  Well, he has moved several mountains in my life. The one he moved while I was in what should have been my death...He kept me conscious to watch him move it.
Normally, I would have been anxiety ridden, but I was not. Then, he moved a bigger mountain. He brought me in here. Now, I see how he can take any mountain and move it and make something good out of it. Well, this again is a mountain. But, I know no matter the outcome this mountain can and will be moved for his good purpose. Our, mountain may not alwasy seem like it is good at the time. But, I am going to wait to see what good will come from all this.

She will be operated on around 1. My Sister needs her because she is paralyzed on left side. But, God is greater then this mountain. There is nothing more important to me in life then my family and never has been. But, God is more important then all of this. He gives us people to love. So, we can become like him. He even shows us how it feels to give up our love ones or to watch them suffer like his Son Jesus did. This may become a big battle but We are not alone.

I thank God for all of you. Some, I have seen by pictures. But, all I have seen by words. These words of comfort that we share are all from God. I would not trade this family for anything this world has to offer.

I will let you all know as soon as I am able to get home. When, it comes to my family I feel weak. But, thanks to God I am not.

In His Love,
Marlene

cjwood

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 06:01:09 PM »

our Dear Heavenly Father, i pray for our beloved sister marlene right now as i sit here typing these words. Father i ask you to cover marlene in your mercy, grace, and lovingkindness. I pray for her niece teresa and ask you Father to heal the mass in her colon. Father You knew it was there, and You caused it to be brought to light. i pray that teresa's body will be strenghtened by Your power and might, and i pray that You will strengthen her faith in You, as You also strengthen the bond this family has for each other. i pray that You in Your infinite wisdom and grace will use this situation to rebuild the bond between marlene and her brother. i pray Father for teresa's mother as she suffers physically and emotionally, that You will infuse her with your peace. Father i pray for little ethan that you will use marlene and her loving husband to swathe little ethan in love and care, as well as their being a rock of strength for this young child. Dear Abba Father, i lift our sister marlene to You specifically. i ask You to continue the Good Work which You have wrought in her. continue to build her faith and confidence in You alone Father. she suffers in her body, but Father i pray that Jesus Christ, our Lord and Elder Brother will heal marlene so that she will have the physical strength to carry the burdens which are upon on at this time. Dear Father it is so awesome to consider that You knew all along that marlene would be called out of babylon, and that she would come to this forum family, Your family, to uplift and inspire us even through her tribulations. also Father, i ask that you hold up marlene's dear mother, so that this dear woman can endure the pain she feels for her children and her grandchildren. You are our all-knowing and all-loving Father and we are ASSURED we will not be left as orphans in these storms that we all face daily. i thank you Almighty God for Your faithfulness to all who believe in Your Son, our Savior Jesus Christ. in His name i offer this prayer, that all will be according to Your will. amen and amen.

claudia

9440geoff

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 08:30:46 PM »

That's a wonderful prayer, Claudia. I would like to add my amen to it.

Geoff

Marlene

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 11:01:37 PM »

Hello All! I wish I could tell you I have good news. She is through the surgery and will be there 6 to 7 days. He removed the tumour in the colon. If, he had not done this it would have ruptured. He did not have to put a bag in her side as it was in high intestines. The bad news is that it was cancer. The worse news is that it has entered the liver and pancrease. He said," it is a rare cancer very aggresive and it must be some kind of genetic type. So, this could have come from the mans side. You how know how her birth came about. The doctor said that being she is only 35 this will be really hard to cure. She might be able to try and experimental type chemo.

God has given me almost a pain free day. I was able to be comfort to all my family. Although, it is hardest day of my entire life. Especially, with my Sister so in need of her. I wish you could all know Teresea . Her boss told our family she is the best worker she ever had. She had been promoted three times at the hospital. She is showered with love and attention of all her co-workers. Of, all her family. She use to go throughout the hospital sharing her cheerfulness. All, kinds of people told us how she has touched her life. She has never held a grudge towards anyone. I am so bless god gave her to us. My Sister said,"out of a bad situation came the best thing in my life."

Teresea has beautiful creamy complexion with rosy cheeks and that is how she looked when we saw her before sugery. She was sitting there making out her medication for her little sister to handle for her. She was not worried nor did she think of herself.
She looked just beautiful.

Well, I have to tell you, I am not giving up. God can walk on water. God can move mountains. He can do as he pleases. I am going to just keep praying, but I know it is all his decision. But, I am going to trust he knows best.

I do not know what I would do with out you all.  We have alot of work ahead of us. Just keep us all in prayer that we can meet there needs.

In His Love,
Marlene

OBrenda

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 01:13:55 AM »

Marlene,

I'm in awe that you shared this sad news, and still were able to strengthen my faith in the moving of mountians.

His Peace & Mercy,
Brenda

Ninny

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 10:42:17 AM »

Marlene,
I am so sorry that the news wasn't good, but as everyone here knows, God is in control and only HE knows the outcome of everything...I am praying for your family and especially for Teresea! May God give her healing and peace to her family. :'(
Love you,
Kathy :-*

Linny

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 03:49:02 PM »

Marlene,

You are right. Nothing is impossible with God. To me that means I do not have to accept a doctor's bad prognosis. I can hope and pray that God's plan is a miracle.
That is my prayer for your beloved niece Teresa.
And God's mercy and strength for you, she and all your family.
Lin

9440geoff

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 07:43:16 PM »

Marlene,

Your faith in God during this time of adversity is a shining example to all of us.I pray that our father will grant Teresea a miracle of healing, and will give you His strength to endure through this trial.

Geoff

Marlene

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2009, 03:27:24 AM »

Hi All, Thanks for the prayers. Today, we talked to the Doctor. He put a port in her when he did surgery in case she wanted to have chemo. She is only 35. She has about half a baseball size tumor in her liver and a walnut size in her pancrease. She knows, and she was very brave. But, she is so drugged up for pain.

Now, if I look at all of this in the Doctors view it is not good. But, he told us he works for God. So, he belives there can be good things happen. He saved her life for now from a rupture colon. He said," it was a difficult surgery". It is all in Gods hands. But, he has to be honest with us. She is young and sometimes this is harder to treat. It is an aggresive cancer. In my opinion a miracle is needed.

I am keeping the faith. God knows what is best .

But, I love you all more then words can say. I need you all. When, God brought me in here he had more than one good purpose.

In His Love,
Marlene

bluzman

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2009, 01:51:06 PM »

Marlene, may God be with you and comfort you and your family during this very painful time. Oh for Teresa to be healed.
In His Name, Ches

cjwood

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2009, 05:04:12 PM »

if I look at all of this in the Doctors view it is not good. 
I am keeping the faith. God knows what is best .
When, God brought me in here he had more than one good purpose.

marlene,
the statements i noted are some of what stood out to me in your update on teresa.

your honesty that "if" you look at all of this in the doctors view, it is not good, shouts the spiritual FACT that only God is Good, and it is to Him that we are to look.

that you are keeping the faith and that God knows what is best, is the confirmation that even specialty trained physicians can't know what is truly best for their patients without God's giving them the vision of care for any particular patient.

and without really being aware of it, you saved the best for last, that when God brought you here (to BT) He had more than one good purpose. creating you into His image is His plan and purpose for your life, as well as the plan for each who believe in the True Gospel of Jesus Christ. and, as He does this for you and for us, we become as shining lights to those around us. our family and our households, our friends, and even to strangers when we reflect His Light in love and compassion. you are the light for teresa, your husband, your mother, your sister, your brother, little ethan, and everyone else you meet.

we are uplifted by your testimony marlene, even as you are confronted time and again with the mountains and floods that press in on you and your family.

continue to stand strong in that faith that Father God has given to you, and look to our Brother Jesus Christ for strength when you are weak, for peace when you feel like you are losing your mind, for patience when you feel like you cannot take it anymore. we are your Spiritual family and we love you with the love of our Heavenly Father and our Dear Savior Jesus Christ.

i will lift teresa, you, and your family in prayer marlene. you are such an inspiration to me. as brenda said in her post, that i am in awe that you can post the news of teresa and still be able to strengthen my faith in moving of mountains.

claudia

Vangie

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2009, 12:20:17 PM »

Dear Marlene,
Amen to Claudia's post--please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your beloved niece Teresa.

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Marlene

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2009, 12:41:27 AM »

Hello , Just wanted to let you know that Teresea is not doing so good since the operation. She had to have two units of blood last night and her heart has been going to fast. Today, they had to give her blood pressure medication. Also, the tube they give her to pull out the bile came loose and had to be inserted back into her nose and throat. They tried to give her something to make her bowel start moving again and she vomited it up. I guess your throat gets so sore and it hurts when they put the tube back in. It was put in while she was out for surgery. This time she was awake.

She is very moody with her Mom and Sister. I did not get to go over. My Husband and I went to there home to do some things for Teresea.

The Doctor saw her today and I have no idea what he said to her.  All, I know is she told My Sister I wish this was over. I am not sure how she meant it.

I know, you are all praying.  I just wanted to update you on her. This is breaking my Heart.

In His Love,
Marlene

Marlene

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2009, 10:36:39 PM »

Hi All, I have to tell you so many things are going on.  The other night I asked God to help my disability to come in . I had been fighting it for about three years. I said, God I need my money so I can help Teresea. Just, please help me get it so she can be taken for her chemo and help with other needs she may have.

Well, yesterday I received a letter that I had been approved and do not even need a hearing. I am very limited of how I can help. But, he provided the money so I can see that she can get to her chemo treatments. God moved this mountain so I could be of help that way. She takes care of her Mother who is paralyzed from a stroke.

Today, when we went over she has had the nose and throat tube removed. She is on soft foods now. She is able to drink again. Her blood pressure and heart is doing better since the blood tranfusions. She will probably get to go home on Thursday or Friday if all goes well. She has to get built back up before having the chemo.

Keep up the prayers that the chemo will reduce the tumor in the liver and pancreas. She is still in danger.  I pray with all my heart that God will remove this mountain too. But, I know it is all in his will.

I just praise God that I have my disability for my health needs and can help her if thse needs some extra things or help . I know, my husband will be taking her for her chemos. I will more then likely go along . But, often my health holds me back.

I just wanted to let you know, that God blessed me when he met this need so quickly.

All Praise Be To God!  We may not always get our wants. But, he always give us our needs.

In His Love,
Marlene

Linny

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2009, 11:27:33 PM »

Marlene, thank you for sharing this incredible blessing with us. So happy for you! God is so good.
Lin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.