bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for a family member  (Read 42895 times)

Marlene

Re: Prayer for a family member
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2009, 10:43:52 PM »

Hello, Just a quick up date on Teresea. She had her staples removed on Thursday. The surgery is looking good. She sees an oncologist this Tuesday. I believe it will be a couple more weeks or so before they start chemo. The Doctor who did the surgery said, That the top part of her bowel did not have any air going to it. It could have perforated.  God was watching out for her good. 

She is starting to eat better and getting stronger every day. Just, keep her in prayer. I am praying that God removes the tumor in the liver and pancrease or lets the chemo do the work.

He told her that 12 hours after her surgery he ran into another case similar to hers. It was a younger person too.

He also, told her he had a 12 year old with colon cancer. I guess her Mother had colon cancer too. So it can be genetics.

I think she is going to go back to take care of her Mother sometime this week. I believe the younger girl will stay some like she has been.

Teresea is hoping to go back to work by the 17th of Sept. 

I will let you know more about what the oncologist says.

In His Love,
Marlene

Thanks for the prayers, she is not out of the woods yet.

Roy Coates

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2009, 09:07:40 AM »

Praise God, Continued healing, peace, grace and comfort to you and yours. Thanks for the update

OBrenda

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2009, 09:59:30 PM »

Praise God, Continued healing, peace, grace and comfort to you and yours. Thanks for the update

Ditto

Marlene

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2009, 03:19:38 AM »

Hello, A new update on Teresea. She stayed with me for three weeks. She went back to her home and with her Mother who she takes care of. She has a lot coming up she has to have a pet scan of her entire body, a MRI of the brain.  Those will be done Sept. 10 and 11. She goes to have the chemo port surgery on Sept 14 and goes back to oncologist the 15 . She hopes to return to work  on the 15th. She will find out when the chemo starts when she sees the oncologist on the 15th. Pray that she can return to work cause she has used alot of her disability and they really need her income. I just pray she can work even though she will be having chemo. She will have 12 treatments  in a 6 month period.

She seems in good spirit even though she knows it is not good in many ways. I keep praying that God shrinks the tumors or removes them. Some days I handle it ok and some days I get down. But, I never let her know it. I have not been able to read much in here or the Bible. I try and pray and sometimes I just dont know what to say. I am not well myself and this is hard. But, I try and help them out and my Husband is great but he has to work too. This, is exactly why God brought me in when he did. He knew I was going to need the truth and also all of you.

I just hope I can get into my studying the Bible some like before. I also, hope I can pray better. Sometimes, I just feel like I cannot stand it if something happens to her. I know, many of you are going thorugh the same things. Just, wanted to tell you all how I feel. I need someone to voice this too. Just needed to let off some steam.

In His Love,
Marlene

9440geoff

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2009, 07:15:40 AM »

Hi Marlene,

This is certainly the best place to let off steam. I'm sure there are folk here who understand what you are going through, and our Lord certainly does.
My wife has had cancer, including three lots of surgery, radio, chemo, and continuing medication, but I wouldn't even compare it to what you are going through because I am healthy myself, thank God.

I'm praying that God will carry through this very difficult time Marlene, and also give strength to your husband. Praying also for Teresea, that she will be able to go back to work whilst having the chemo, and that the chemo will work.

Geoff

Ninny

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2009, 11:51:37 AM »

Marlene,
The things we can't control are the things that control us if we don't let God do it!!  I know SO well where you're coming from..I will pray that you will be able to let God have the control of your heart and your mind..remember the battleground is always in the mind!! Standing with you!!
Love you!
Kathy :-*

Marlene

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2009, 06:22:40 PM »

Hello, To update about Teresea. She had the MRI of the Brain. It is fine. She had the pet scan. Nothing new we did not know. Cancer in liver and pancreas.
She is mantaining her weight since they removed the colon tumor. I imagine that is why she was loosing weight. She will begin her chemo  next week. As, far as I know she will start back to work possibly tomorrow.

She is very brave and sweet as her normal self. She tells me she takes one day at a time. She told me that is how she has always lived. Today, she said, I really never have been much on making plans. Its so odd that my 35 year old niece can make me look at things different.  I am thankful that God does not let us know what is always coming to us. That, is very kind of him I think. He really does not want us to worry. We really don't know if we will make it through a day.

I just want to make the most of the time I am able to spend around her. If, she feels ill and wants me I will be there. If , she needs me and feels well I will be there. This is all in Gods hands and his decision is right. She is not bitter or angry. She is so in love with her little nephew Ethan who has really needed her in his life. He is 4. She has set up her chemo time so she hopefully will be well enough to see him when he is not at his Father's for the weekend.

She knowsyou are all praying and thinks you all are so wonderful. She likes what Ray has taught us. Maybe sometime she can come in and drop you all a note. She has been having some trouble with her computer. We are going to have it checked out for her.

Well, again I love you all and need each and every one of you. I think of all my Brothers and Sisters going through trials and the others who pray. God picked the perfect time to bring me here to his wonderful truths, that he has showed our Dear Brother Ray.  Someday, we will all be together and all the trials here will just vanish.

In His Love,
Marlene

9440geoff

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2009, 07:21:22 PM »

Praise God, this sounds like good news, Marlene; the best you could hope for at this stage. Praying that it will get better as God's Holy Spirit works in Teresea.

Geoff

judith collier

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2009, 12:40:24 AM »

Marlene you and your niece are such sweeties. I pray Teresa will continue to get better and I will pray for you that God gives you good health. I admire you for your consistency and courage. And don't say you don't have any!!! We never see ourselves like others see us and I see courage. God is holding you up, it is plain to see. God bless you Marlene. Judy

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2009, 02:31:35 AM »

Marlene I admire you for your consistency and courage. And don't say you don't have any!!! We never see ourselves like others see us and I see courage. God is holding you up, it is plain to see. God bless you Marlene. Judy

divine judy, absolutely Divine!

claudia

Marlene

« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2009, 02:21:18 PM »

Hello, Thank you for your kind words Judy. I know God is holding me up. This is one of the hardest things I have had to face. I can deal when it is me. But, when it is someone I love now that is so hard. But, it is great joy that God has decided to share his truths with me. I know, his timing is perfect even when it seems not like anything I would have choose.

Teresea, had her first three days of chemo treatment last Wed. Thurs. and Friday. This is the first set. She has to go three times a week every other week for 6 months. They give her a shot of nutrition and something to help her cell count.

Praise God she has not had any nausea. She is back at work today for the first time since her surgery eight weeks ago. She works at womens health at the hospital. I just talked to her on the phone to see how it is going. It is going good. She seemed upbeat. I still do not know what is going to be God's will on this. Having cancer in colon that has gone to the liver and pancrease sounds impossible. But, I pray that the tumor in the colon alerted them in time that the liver and pancreas is not to severe. I have no doubt in my mind that God can heal her. I just don't know his will in all of this.

God has blessed me that even with all the pain in my body, I have been able to go out and shop for clothes with her. I have got to spend some beautiful moments with her. She mainly thinks of her Mother who needs her and my nephew Ethan. I think of Teresea and not myself. She is like my daughter. You all know the story.

I am not ashamed to say sometimes I cry. I am not angry at God. I am not saying I like this. But, it is what it is. I have a wonderful Husband who  is there for all of my family as well as me. I am blessed by God even during this trial.

I am not keeping you updated just because of Me.  I am doing this in hope that anyone who is going through trials can see how God is working in our life.
He is never away from us. If, anyone goes away it is us. I wish, I could express how much I love all of you. For, a while I had not been able to read much of Ray's papers or my Bible. But, my one on one time with God is almost constant. I know, that I am still growing in Christ. This experience is part of that.

Just, wanted to let you all know that I love you. God has given me so many blessings even while I receive the trials. I cry, but those tears make me strong.
I no longer want to run. There is no where to run to but to God.

I believe like Ray. Any healing that Teresea receives is all from God not from chemo or nutrition.

I do not know what trials all of you are going through. But, keep the faith. God still loves us even when we are angry, hurt, or wonder why? The why in our life will always be answered after we go through the storm. Someday, I will know why we are going through this.

God made some strong women coming out of our family. My Mother is 88 and she has been shopping with my niece and buying her things she needs. This has been real hard on my Mother, but I see her strength. I know, it comes from God.

Well, God Bless you all and he will keep you.

In His Love,
Marlene

judith collier

« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2009, 08:21:06 PM »

Marlene, you are a joy and an inspiration!!!!! Love, judy

firefly77

« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2009, 11:24:31 AM »

I no longer want to run. There is no where to run to but to God.

That's how I used to be... run away from pain as fast as my two little feet would take me; call me a "coward". Little did I know that my pile of "baggage" accompanied me wherever I went, meaning I would have to go around the mountain one more time.
Now, I stay put and let God do what he needs to do while facing my pain head on... I surrendered and am surrendering. It's hard for me because I am a stubborn German  :D.
My admiration goes out to you and Teresa. Thank you for keeping your sweet spirit through all of this. I am still praying for you.
Love, Angie

cjwood

« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2009, 01:57:43 AM »

Marlene, you are a joy and an inspiration!!!!! Love, judy

ditto.
claudia

Marlene

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2009, 08:18:50 PM »

Just, thought I would let you all know. Teresea has done good since her first chemo. Today she saw her oncologist and she was happy that her hemoglobin
raised 3 points so she will not have to have a shot to raise it. The shot cost 5,000 dollars. So, tomorrow she starts her second round of chemo cause all blood work was good. This is just the start. Many people are praying for her. It looks like God is answering prayers. I have been praying her blood work stays good and that she does not get so ill she cannot work. Her and my sister really need her income.

Also, I am praying for a healing. I know cancer is nothing when God is in charge. The situtation does not look good, but I know if it is his will she can survive this.

Thanks, to all who are praying for her.

In His Love,
Marlene

Marlene

« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »

Hello, Another update on Teresea. She had her chemo last week. Today, they did blood work. Her hemoglobin is up another point. No need for the shot. She is up beat and working everyday so far. Not saying things could not change the more she gets. But, I talked to her today and she mentioned she read an article about a lady who had cancer 5 times and is still alive. How, she would exercise her body and that helps alot with blood counts. So, she is going to start that too. Her doctor told her mental attitude is helping her alot. She told me she is not depressed. Of, course once in a while all the stuff she has to do seems to be alot. She is only a little tired.

The reason, I keep you all updated is to help strength others who may be going through the same things themselves or for there family who goes through it too.

I found out today my Sister who Teresea takes care of has pneuomia. This is hard on her since she had the stroke. But, they never complain.

I don't know what the will of God is for them , but I do know he is with us all and helping us get through this.

God is giving me peace. I take my walk with God serious. Just, because I have  trials and they are many is not a reason to walk away or give up on him. He is with us all the time.

If, you feel led say a prayer for my Sister.

I pray for all my family here cause there are trials of different kinds.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 06:32:39 PM by Marlene »

cjwood

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2009, 12:58:18 AM »

God is giving me peace. I take my walk with God serious. Just, because I have  trials and they are many is not a reason to walk away or give up on him. He is with us all the time.

amen marlene. amen.
claudia

Marlene

« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2009, 12:41:11 AM »

Hello, this kind of goes in with some of my trials. But, a while back I told you about my 4 year old nephew Ethan who is living with a step father who is abusive and is teaching him to demean his Mother.  But, it is not just that either. His real Father who keeps him every other weekend is not a good Father. The last time I kept Ethan he was all mixed up and was so angry and took it out on every one in his sight.

I had talked to his Mother that I was not well enough to handle this. I told her she needed to get help for him. But, for some reason she refuses to acknowlege that she is self-centered and putting these men above her children.

Well, I found out from Teresea that his Dad had been picked up for drinking. He could have been with himbut he was with the  Fathers Mother. He wrecked his Mothers car. He is a 25 year old Man. My niece is 22.  Thank God he was not with him. Also, his real Fathers family all drink. This child is seeing alot of bad things. I do mean bad. I pray that she opens her eyes before something bad happens. She needs to stay away from these men. She is mad at me and I am sure she will not talk to me.

He is always telling Teresea he wants to live with her. You all know , that she has cancer. She would love to have him , but now is not well.

I know God Loves children and wondered if you will pray for him. I hope it is Gods will that she gets well.

My niece got mad at me cause I told her she is not thinking of her children. I know there could be some major fall out from all of this.

I know you will all pray for this situation. There are days I wonder how much more we can take. But, it is him I am concerned for.

In His Love,
Marlene
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 12:44:25 AM by Marlene »

cjwood

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2009, 02:00:15 AM »

i will continue to pray for your little ethan. his personal safety is indeed a concern.  i hope that teresa will continue to be a safe haven to ethan, and that you and your husband, and mother, will all continue to be concerned in his little life and watch out for him in everything. please Heavenly Father, protect this little child from becoming a tragedy to those who love him. and i ask Father that You strengthen marlene, teresa, and all in this dear family, so they may endure these seasons of pain and suffering.  and give us all endurance to travel through Your Will for our lives.  in Jesus' Holy Name, amen.

claudia

9440geoff

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2009, 10:18:47 AM »

Praying for little Ethan, Marlene, that God will protect him from these experiences and he won't grow up with 'scar tissue' from what he is seeing now.
Also praying for your sister and Teresea, and the relationships in your family, that God will work in their hearts and they will see the error of their ways.

Geoff
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.