bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for a family member  (Read 42685 times)

Ninny

Re: Prayer for a family member
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2009, 03:24:32 PM »

Marlene, Ethan is in my prayers, it is so hard to stand by and watch the children suffer...praying for your strength, too!!
Kathy :-*

Marlene

« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2009, 02:09:51 PM »

Hi,  Wanted to ask you all to pray for Teresea. Her platelets are too low this week to do chemo. So, they will have to do it next week. The platelets have to raise though. She is still working every day and in good cheer. After, she has a few more chemos they will see if it is working. If, not the Doctor said, "They have some other kinds to try." She states that if , it is Gods will she will be healed. If, not his plan is still right. 

I praise God she is able to work and take care of my Sister when not working. Also, she has a good attitude and they think she would be great to talk to some of them having trouble dealing. Well, she has a lot longer to deal with this. I am sure there will be more times her platelets may go low. But, God is in control and she believes if God wants a healing he is able.

Thank you all who write and all who silentely pray.

Each day God gives me more peace. I can tell you before coming in here I had no peace. Now, that I know the truths of God he has given me peace. Not saying it is easy. But, it is all in his hands. I pray that Teresea can get well and join us all in here. I pray you will be there for Ethan.

In His Love,
Marlene

9440geoff

« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2009, 05:59:14 PM »

Praying for Teresea, that her platelets will be strong enough to take the chemo next week.

Geoff

Marlene

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2009, 04:43:09 PM »

Good News! Her platlets are up so she is having her chemo. They want to get through two more cycles so they can check and see if the chemo is starting to work. If, not they can try other things. They also, have new things they can do like heat of some sort into the tumors. It helps them get more oxygen directly into the cancer.

We are just playing the waiting game. But, she is still working every day cheerful and thankful for all who pray. God is truely blessing us and her so that she can work and keep her and my Sister in a place to live.

Thanks everyone.

In His Love,
Marlene

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2009, 10:39:35 PM »

marlene,
i am happy for your teresa that her platelet counts are up.  i pray that our Father will have mercy on teresa's body as it processes the chemo drugs.  i also pray that Father God will continue to strengthen teresa's body, mind, and soul as she continues on this path.  Dear Father, teresa, or someone else, needs to be able to financially support this family.  please show Your mercy to them in this, and all things pertaining to their lives. 

Thank You Abba Father for your continued provisions being given to all Your children.
in Jesus' Name, amen and amen.

claudia

ps.  to me, teresa is another example of 'frame and attitude of mind' being so vitally important when one's body is having to deal with traumatic and terminal diseases.

Marlene

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2009, 12:38:06 PM »

Hi all. Teresea finally got to go through enough cycles of chemo, that they can do a pet scan Friday Nov. 20th.  They want to see if the chemo is helping, if not they can decide on another one to try. He weight is remaining pretty steady. She has worked over 2months now without missing a day even during her treatments.

I have been blessed that my pain levels have been better then usual. Last Satuday I got to go to the mall with her. Has been ages since I have been out with her for the day. We had a great time. Lots of laughs.

Nov. 20 th is my Mothers 89 Birthday and Teresea has not told her about the pet scan.

Just keep us in prayer because the waiting is hard.

Thanks again for all the prayers and love showed to me and my family.

In His Love,
Marlene

judith collier

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2009, 02:26:27 AM »

Marlene, glad to read the update. It appears Theresa is doing fairly well. I was glad to hear you enjoyed yourself at the mall.  Judy

cjwood

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2009, 02:56:29 AM »

marlene,
i too am glad you enjoyed shopping with teresa. after recently dealing with all that went along with my sister's, and her hubbie's, motorcycle wreck i am reminded many times during my days how absolutely NOTHING is to be taken for granted.  nothing. life truly is like a mist and is here today and gone tomorrow.  but, that is okay.  it must be, because that is of God's plan and purpose.

hugs to teresa for her determination to put one foot in front of the other, and get on with living.    8)

claudia

ps.  hey judy, good to see you surface.  ;)

Marlene

« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2009, 10:44:52 PM »

Hello, Update on Teresea. She had her pet scan today to see if her chemo is working. We thought, that we would not know anything till this coming Tuesday when she sees her oncologist. Well, she called Teresea at home but she was gone to the store. So, she gave the news to my Sister. My Sister then called all of us crying. I answered the phone. I thought, something was wrong. My Sister was happy to relay the message that the chemo is working.
I know, she still has a battle, but just knowing the one they selected is working after 4 treatments gives us hope. She is still working every day. She gets tired but gets plenty of rest and eats healthy. Hemoglobin was down but they give her a shot next week for that. The Doctor said, she could not wait to tell her the good news so Teresea could enjoy her thanksgiving and the rest of us. I know, it is God doing the work.

Now, I want to tell you all something. Teresea is very interested in reading Ray's articles. I am going to make her copies. Also, she never liked the way the church taught on Revelations. She always hated when my cousin and I talked that stuff when she was a little girl. Last, night I was talking to God. I told him I knew whatever he decides is in his will. Of, course I would like her to live. Teresea said, herself that it is all Gods business.  I did not ask God for a sign, but I feel deep within me that God wants her to learn these truths. I told God I just cannot get that out of my head. So, I prayed if it is his will that she be given time to learn these truths . I don't  know if all this will continue, but I do have hope. 

She told me she wants to come in here and thank you all for the prayers.  She told me this before she found out about her report a few weeks back.

God has answered many prayers for me like getting my disability settled so I could help her and my Sister. God is keeping her working so she can keep a roof over her and my paralyzed sister. God has blessed us in so many ways even while going through this trial. I am learning to trust and wait on him and even learning that if he would take her we would all still be ok. The surgeon did not give us much hope at all.

I thank God every day for Ray, and all of you Brothers and Sisters who have prayed . Not, just the ones who have told me they pray, but the ones I just know are praying.  I have found a true family in here.

In His Love,
Marlene

G. Driggs

« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2009, 10:00:35 AM »

Wow that is good news Marlene, Thanking God with you.

G.Driggs

Linny

« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2009, 09:00:30 PM »

Great news!

Ninny

« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2009, 09:17:56 PM »

Marlene, great news!! Great! \o/

Marlene

« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2009, 11:04:39 PM »

Hi, I have to let you all know this. Teresea saw her oncologist today for her checkup. Her oncologist took her report from the pet scan for another Doctor to look at. He was shocked as the lady Doctor. The tumor in the liver is gone and almost gone in the pancreas. She has only had 4 treatments. They were all excited. The plan is for a total of 12 treatments. Teresea is having lots of tiredness and some low hemoglobin they gave her a shot to raise it. Her white blood count is very low . All, this is part of the treatment. Please keep her in your prayers that the pancreas will leave and that she will be on her way to no cancer. I believe all this is a pure act of God.  I know you all will continue to pray for her. We will be having Thanksgiving Dinner over at her home. I am making the dinner. Keep her prayers for her strength and that she can eat more.

In His Love,
Marlene

Ninny

« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2009, 11:37:30 PM »

Marlene, this is such good news! The prayers will be ongoing for her and for you and your family!  ;D
Yes she does need to try to eat and keep her strength and her weight up..tell her to stay away from sugar..cancer cells feed on sugar! Prayers and more prayers!

Marlene

« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2009, 01:56:44 AM »

Hi , All. Just, wanted to let you know that last week was rough on Teresea. She missed work most of the week.  For some reason her hemoglobin dropped very low. They put her in the hospital for two days and had to give her 4r units of blood. She did not have chemo that week because it was not her time.

We were concerned that she might not be able to have it this week. She found out today that her hemoglobin is back up to a 10.7. It has not been that high since her surgery in July. This has went up 1.7 points since she got out of the hospital. They were very happy. Her white blood count is up and so her antibioties are working good. Her platlets were real good. She got to have chemo.

Her cancer went from a 14 to a 7 in 4 treatments. My Sister misquoted some of the last information to me. She had a stroke and sometimes does not understand. The tumor in pancrease is little over half gone. The tumor on the right lobe of the liver is gone. The one on left lobe is half gone.  They were so pleased that only 4 chemos has worked like this. Her liver and pancrease is function good. Her liver enzymes are excellent and no signs of problems there. So, many people have been praying for her. She is back to work this week and had chemo today and the rest tomorrow.

She is so grateful for all your prayers. She was pretty ill the week of thanksgiving. The cause of some of it was a womens thing which surprises them cause chemo usually causes you to become sterrile. So, that was why she had blood loss. Plus, she had problems with loose bowels and that did not help. This can happen with chemo.

Well, she did eat a little of thanksgiving food, but barely anything.

Again, thanks for prayers.  I have been stressed out trying to help out. I have not got online much but think of you all and try and keep in tune with Ray's articles, reading my Bible and prayer to God helps.

In His Love,
Marlene

Marlene

« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2009, 02:04:58 PM »

Hello everyone. Teresea is ill again. She is going to have to have a check to see where she is loosing blood. I do not know all the facts yet. She has been admited and her colonoscopy Doctor and Surgeon are going to run some test and check to see where the blood is coming from. Please, keep her and My Sister and family in prayers.

I will let you know something when we find out what is going on.

In His Love,
Marlene

cjwood

« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2009, 01:08:25 AM »

marlene,
always ready to pray for your family members, that His will always be done.

claudia

Marlene

« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2009, 09:11:19 PM »

Hello, Well, they went down her throat and stomach with a scope. It was not a ulcer.
I wish that would have been what it is.

But, it has nothing to do with that. Her liver has been rerouting the blood to her heart. They said,"That this has nothing to do with the cancer other then the fact you loose some blood with it. But, she is loosing blood cause of the rerouting in the livers.

They are transporting her to a bigger hospital in Columbus, Ohio. Which, is about hour from us. They will do a procedure called the Tip Procedure. They will insert a shunt into the liver and this will return the blood the right way. This should stop the blood loss she has been having from it. The believe she had this all a long for a long time. It is a common thing in some people. Only, it has been made worse from her loss of hemoglobin from the chemo. They are putting her off work for a while so she can get good rest. She will be in the hospital for two days.

My family is very upset for her. Especially, my Sister who feels helpless. We are all helpless. Only, God is control of everything. In My Heart I do not believe that this is a negative thing. It could be a good thing in that it was found that she has a problem to begin with it. I always thought when she lived with me that she looked like she was low some on blood. She was always pale and her lips too. Teresea is still her cheery self.

I imagine Teresea is doing better then the rest of my family. God is giving me a peace,  now. I do not doubt that he is with her and with all of us. My Mother is having lots of problems with what God wants from this. But, I know it is all the process of being made in his image.

Not, saying I have not been concerned today. But, just praying that we all get through this. I know, I can count on you all to pray.

In His Love,
Marlene
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 12:17:21 AM by Marlene »

Linny

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2009, 12:47:51 PM »

Yes you can Marlene!

Ninny

« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2009, 12:51:29 PM »

You definitely have me too,  Marlene!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.