bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Knock at My Front Door...  (Read 6337 times)

mharrell08

A Knock at My Front Door...
« on: July 08, 2009, 07:27:23 PM »

There was a knock on my front door...2 teenage girls were standing on my porch.

Me: "Hello?"

1st Teenager: "Hello sir, we're from the Kingdom (something or another...I stopped paying attention...Babylon is Babylon to me) Church"

Me: "Oh, I'm not interested..."

1st Teenager: "Well we didn't want anything, just to drop this information brochure off"

Me: "Oh, no thank you" [I always do the 'oh, no' this and 'oh no' that...have to pretend to be surprised you know?]

1st Teenager: "Well I just want to ask you one question..."

Me (thinking to myself): "And here it comes...."

1st Teenager: "If you were to die today, do you think you would go to heaven?"

Me: "Well, if I were to die today,  I wouldn't go anywhere...I'd be dead"

2nd Teenager: **Giggles** (she must have been new...she only smiled & giggled whenever I said anything...probably surprised one could have a 'whatever' attitude when it came to burning in hell, for all eternity)

1st Teenager: "Well you'd have to go to either heaven or ..."

Me (cutting her off): "Do you have a scripture for that?"

1st Teenager: "Yes"

1st Teenager begins to open her bible...

1st Teenager: "But it doesn't say it 'exactly'..."

2nd Teenager: **Giggles** (even she found the church doctrines amusing because of their inconsistency)

Me: "Well, I believe in the resurrection...you know like Jesus?"

Both Teenagers: **Nodding in agreement**

Me (continuing): "...and you have to dead to be resurrected"

2nd Teenager: **Giggles** (told ya)

Me (continuing): "So I wouldn't live again until Christ returned"

1st Teenager: "Well you believe whatever you want to believe..."

Me (thinking to myself): 'Whatever I believe??? Paul taught that without the resurrection our faith was in vain [1 Cor 15:14 & 17]...I guess I'm like the rabbit from the Trix cereal commercial: Silly Believer, Truth is for Kids (the Few)

1st Teenager (continuing): "...and we'll believe what we'll believe" [kind of like a 'we'll see who's right at the end' sort of statement...you'd think one's life for an eternity would be more important than who's right & who's wrong, you know?]

Me: Alright, thanks

2nd Teenager: **Giggles** and walks away with 1st Teenager

Don't know about the 1st one, but the 2nd Teenager...if God was using me to plant a seed, it was with that one...but who can know? She did seem amused at the contradictions.

Funny stuff,

Marques  :D

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: A Knock at My Front Door...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 08:08:32 PM »

Will pray for them both.  That first one needs to do some preaching to the second one...that's why they had to wrap it up so quickly.   :D  I hope she stumbles all over herself.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Roy Coates

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 11:16:36 PM »

I just got to ask, is that a true story? cause it is a good one either way, tell me it really happened and that will ice the cake. Thanks for sharing

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 11:39:51 PM »

I just got to ask, is that a true story? cause it is a good one either way, tell me it really happened and that will ice the cake. Thanks for sharing

Yep, happened about 20 mins before I posted...every detail & word true as it happened.

Last year, 2 Jehovah's Witnesses came by with their message....I know their New World Translation has some bigger translation errors than most, but they translated 1 Cor 3:11-15 just fine...too bad the 2 on my doorstep could not explain them. Told them good-day...like Ray says, there's more than 1 way to skin a cat.

1 Cor 3:11-15 [New World Translation]

11  For no man can lay any other foundation than what is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12  Now if anyone builds on the foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood materials, hay, stubble,

13  each one’s work will become manifest, for the day will show it up, because it will be revealed by means of fire; and the fire itself will prove what sort of work each one’s is.

14  If anyone’s work that he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward;

15  if anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved; yet, if so, [it will be] as through fire.

All Glory to God...this is why I don't get hung up on translations either, the truth is in ALL of them.

Thanks,

Marques

Roy Coates

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 09:52:30 AM »

that's awesome ;D

OBrenda

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 11:34:42 AM »

Good stuff Marques! ;D
I guess I'm like the rabbit from the Trix cereal commercial: Silly Believer, Truth is for Kids (the Few)

Hey,at least the moon kids didn't come a knocking,Ha Ha.
I couldn't resist,my age is showing here :o.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxl_dGrw2Ao

Peace...Mark

Very cute clip, guess they had to talk about the colors so vividly cuz they were in black & white!

I Love seeing how people handle these interactions.

Well done my Brother!

mharrell08

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 01:03:59 PM »

Thanks all...all glory to God  :)

I thought I would share it with you all because I read Beth's (Bam-Bam) post in Testimonies...I used to be the same way when attempting to talk/explain/have an answer regarding Who & What I place my faith in. Stomach in knots, tongue tied, etc...I would feel like a failure & unsure of things.

But the Lord works in increments...never giving us more than we can handle, not matter how much we plead. He's gotten me to a point that I can be comfortable talking with unbelievers regarding the Truth. He really made me check my attitude & ego at the door...it is soooooooo easy to fall into a state of vanity when thinking of these grand truths He has shared with us.

You know how FEW people believe these truths? Not just 'salvation of all' as it's more than that...being in the image of God, in the image of Christ and blessing ALL THE NATIONS...yea, so without the spirit & patience from God, you'll get the big head too.  :D

But God is good and I am so thankful to have you all to share these things with...I don't say it enough, but that is how I feel each and every time I come to this site. You all are a blessing and can't wait to meet you all in either this age or the next.  :)

Thanks,

Marques

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 07:25:41 PM »

marques,
knowing that God the Father causes all the circumstances in our lives makes your encounter with the 2 teenage girls even more awesome. little did either of the girls know that their Creator was leading them to your door for His specific perfect plan for their lives, as well as yours.

He NEVER ceases to amaze me!

claudia

daywalker

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 08:49:29 PM »

"Silly Believer, Truth is for Kids"

I LOVE IT! Good stuff, bro!

- Daywalker.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.