bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Truth from the mouths of Babylonians  (Read 6536 times)

daywalker

The Truth from the mouths of Babylonians
« on: July 09, 2009, 05:27:54 PM »

I'll try not to make a habit out of this... but I felt the desire to post another set of lyrics. This one because it amazes me whenever I find the TRUTH coming out of those in Babylon... yet, ironically they don't realize that 'whole' of what they are saying!

Now, to be fair, I don't know what exactly these guys believe, but I know they are a Christian Punk Band. I bolded the part of the song that I wish to bring attention to...

Band: This Beautiful Republic
Song: Fears and Failures

You can look it up on YouTube, but there only appears to be live versions.. sound not so good...

Look inside, find our motivation
Why do we desire others adoration?
We fear, we fall, we fail, we lose control

Questions are not easy
When nothing can satisfy
Life is more than these fears and failures
Fame is just a lie

It bends until it breaks
Does broken last forever?
We can live our lives
For all the things that matter
We fear, we fall, we fail, we lose control

What if I said of all you did, that none of it would really matter?
And if I said of all you have, that all of it is torn and shattered?

If we look inside of ourselves, can we find our true desire?
We'll know that all we have is only good if it can go through FIRE
[/u][/b]

Yes, indeed, this is what Ray has taught us all here. Indeed, this is what God's Word teaches. This is what we all believe... and some Christians even believe.. yet, they fail to see the WHOLE PICTURE...

ALL WE HAVE IS ONLY GOOD IF IT CAN GO THROUGH FIRE

Daywalker.  8)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: The Truth from the mouths of Babylonians
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 07:33:53 PM »

very nice find daywalker! i also enjoyed the line "does broken last forever?" and then that last line "we'll know if all we have is only good if it can go through fire", is such a dynamic Truth. thanks for bringing it to our notice.

claudia

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 08:12:07 PM »

Hey, now Daywalker...I really liked it!! Very good, very good indeed!!  :D
Kathy ;)

daywalker

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 08:40:31 PM »

very nice find daywalker! i also enjoyed the line "does broken last forever?" and then that last line "we'll know if all we have is only good if it can go through fire", is such a dynamic Truth. thanks for bringing it to our notice.

claudia

"does broken last forever?"

Wow, I didn't even catch that myself! Great 'eye'!  ;) :D

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 09:33:30 PM »

You have really done it now Daywalker, :o great find and post. ;D That band is getting the word out, and probably someone there knows it too.

george ;D.

daywalker

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 10:18:44 PM »

You have really done it now Daywalker, :o great find and post. ;D That band is getting the word out, and probably someone there knows it too.

george ;D.

At the very least, Someone knows... if you catch my drift!  :D

dave

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 05:03:47 AM »

Yes Yes Yes to His Glory :)

Ellie

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 06:34:17 AM »

Really like that .Maybe it's a habit you could keep up if you discover things like this........... :)

larissa4676

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 05:50:42 PM »

Priceless.

Astrapho

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 02:47:44 PM »

That, is awesome. :D

I'm starting to think that all of us, at one point in time, knew the truth, deep down, somewhere... It's just that we keep getting christian theology shoved into our faces. x_x

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 05:48:22 PM »

I'm starting to think that all of us, at one point in time, knew the truth, deep down, somewhere... It's just that we keep getting christian theology shoved into our faces. x_x

Scripture has given us no basis for that sort of thinking, quite the contrary in fact.

Christendom's Theology would have us believe that we knew all before (aka, Adam was perfect) (GOD cannot save everyone) and other such foolishness.

Truth was hidden from us, Truth is now being revealed to us, we cannot know anything but by The Faith And Grace Of GOD.

1Co 1: 18-21 (MKJV)
18  For the preaching of the cross is foolishness to those being lost, but to us being saved, it is the power of God.
19  For it is written, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and I will set aside the understanding of the perceiving ones."
20  Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the lawyer of this world? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21  For since, in the wisdom of God, the world by wisdom did not know God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save those who believe.

And we can only believe when GOD Gives us Grace And Faith.

Eph 2: 8-10 (MKJV)
8  For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,
9  not of works, lest anyone should boast.
10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.

1Co 2: 7-9 (MKJV)
7  But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, which God has hidden, predetermining it before the world for our glory;
8  which none of the rulers of this world knew (for if they had known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory).
But as it is written, "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard," nor has it entered into the heart of man, "the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

george. :)

Astrapho

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 08:13:31 AM »

Not quite what I was thinking, although that 1Cor2:9 suddenly pops a little more now. "I just feel so lucky, lucky lucky lucky!" :D And somehow i only just realized that this: "1Co 1: 18-21 18  For the preaching of the cross is foolishness to those being lost, but to us being saved, it is the power of God. " explains why the other christians even think, "If there is no hell, what is Jesus's sacrifice for?"  :D

I was talking more about... You know, when I read the bible myself, some verses just don't really fit with the theology I was being fed. Such as the free will one, I began to think. If God had foreknowledge, how can there be any real free will? Then, there was the verse where God said that he willed all men to repent. I noticed it, but when I asked my Pentecostal Bible Study teacher, she kinda just told me "He wills it, but it's just a desire, that doesn't mean that all will repent" so I shoved it to the back to my head... Then when I was reading Ray's LoF series and all these little nitpicks start to surface and I'll get that "OH!" feeling, especially that I should NEVER have ignored the little nagging thoughts.  

I was just talking to a christian on the web. When I told him the formal definition of free will, he said that, "No, we still get influenced by bad stuff, that's why we do bad things." "Well but having free will means that we can't get influenced to do anything." "What? No, of course not." "Well, that's what free will really is." ":O Aren't you just nitpicking?" "Go ask your pastor!" (Eventually I linked him to BT but he said it was even worse than atheism...)

I find it pretty weird and amazing at the same time... But now I realize more strongly that none of us would have even began to think of that without God (LOL that took long to click). ;D I feel so humbled.

daywalker

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 06:31:18 PM »

I do recall several occasions, back when I was in Babylon, that I was in deep, earnest prayer, talking with God, questioning this doctrine of eternal punishment. It didn't make sense to me, even after pastor's and Sunday school teachers and elders explained it to me over and over, I still questioned God whether this was truly necessary. I often asked if He'd consider an alternative solution; I even asked Him if there was something I could do, to 'change His mind'...

I imagine many Christians still stuck in Babylon have some of these similar thoughts and prayers. The fact that God would reveal the Truth to me, answer my prayers, and take all that worry and doubt and frustrations away from me regarding this evil doctrine... I feel so unworthy...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.