bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: time verus money  (Read 4457 times)

ez2u

time verus money
« on: July 10, 2009, 06:55:17 PM »

There is a point I wish to discuss here and that is is tithing more important than your time?  Is are greatest asset our money or how much we give of ourselves to something. I open this subject up in another post but no one reply to it.  Once a minister whom i still have high regard for sat me down in his office and told me " do you want to work for God? there are many people in the congregation that we use for financial support but not as many that do the work."  doing the work was of more value to him.  Where you spent your allotted time on this earth.  What really is money?  a produce?  is God in control of money?  if you are poor  why?  what is poor?  I have had a  low standards of
living, according to US standard most of my life but with few exceptions ( mainly when God was doing a work in us)  never felt poor, all needs were met and extras too
Time is a different matter.  I hear a report on Oprah ( yes i watch her, sometimes)  a child not touch or not given attention by others  brain will not develop health and they showed the brain scans of the two  different children.  Amazing.  People that pray and people that meditate brain scans' are different too.  but we are talking about time  what is more valuable money or time?  peggy

Ninny

Re: time verus money
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:01:26 PM »

Peggy,
Money is important for it's intended use. I know I have a lot more time than money so I think time is more important how we use it and how we squander it. Time spent with your children and family is well spent and as you saw on Oprah children who are neglected especially babies fail to thrive, some die. The same goes with your spouse or friends if you don't spend time working on the relationships the relationships will die, too. The same would be said of our relationship with God time spent in prayer and worshiping God builds the relationship, neglect it and the relationship suffers. while money is essential to survival in this culture in my opinion time is just as important as money..in some cultures money isn't important, but much time is spent on survival! So maybe my answer is it depends on where you are as to whether time or money is more important. As far as tithing goes as Ray has shown us and someone else could give you more on this..but tithing didn't have anything to do with money, but with produce and livestock..
Maybe this isn't exactly what you're looking for but that's the way I see it!!
Kathy ;)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 08:11:15 PM »

what is more valuable money or time?  peggy

Hi Peggy,

No amount of money will buy anyone a minute more time in this life, what value is there in dying rich, vain, ignorant and young versus poor, humble, wise and old?

Especially when we consider the example we leave those who have been influenced by us in this vapor of life.

Peace,

Joe

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 08:45:09 PM »

Well said, Joe!
Kathy ;)

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 09:46:06 PM »

what is more valuable money or time?  peggy

Money comes, money goes...as well as there are not enough hours in a day...but at the beginning and end: All is of God.

Every situation in life is different and takes spiritual discernment for each and every decision. We could preach to the homeless for hours on end but that will not put one morsel of food in anyone's belly. Likewise, we could provide financial assistance to the dozens, but not one penny will spiritually convert anyone. The apostles knew this and spoke for our edification:

James 2:14-17   What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled [spending time to preach but offering no money/supplement for assistance]; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

1 Thess 5:11-13  Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do
[spending time to teach/edify/admonish...with our time and talent...in any way necessary]. And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

When we have money to give, GIVE...all is of God and He will supply our needs. But likewise know, we can give in other ways using our time, talent, craft, etc...look unto the Lord to judge your motive/intentions when deciding...He will not lead you astray.

Thanks,

Marques

ez2u

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 01:22:44 AM »

WoW some good replies.  sounds like balance out your perspectives.
Thank you Marques for the scriptures.  peggy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.