bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum Blues  (Read 34549 times)

Ninny

Re: Forum Blues
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2009, 08:46:46 PM »

You made me smile, Bluzman!!
Kathy :D ;)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2009, 06:34:31 PM »

We all have different talents and skills or Spiritual gifts but we are one body with one Spirit.
 I use to be shy about playing a music instrument in the presence of more talented musicians. I would be looking at an instrument at the music store, thinking about buying it, and they would plug it in to the amp; now the whole store can hear it, and everyone in there can play the heck out of a guitar. The guy says try it out, I would say, "you play it", or I would turn the volume down hoping they couldn't hear it as well.
 I'm not sure what brought me out of that, but now I will sit in the music store for long periods of time playing. It just doesn't bother me in the least. Sometimes someone will get an instrument and start jammin with me. A lot of times Ive been asked what I'm playing; sounds good, gives me some ideas to a song Ive been working on, or I never thought about using those chords like that. Just different things that would inspire them and vise verse.
  Its amazing how millions of arrangements can be made with only seven notes in music.
My point here is that every note is important just as everyone here, and their voice. Some notes and voices are brighter than others or sustained or muted, etc. but we need to know and hear all the notes and voices that make up a song. One note or chord  or voice is the beginning of something new.
  All of us are like music notes regardless of how small the sound might seem to some of us. Its like Ray says, "you have to pay attention to the words."
 Ive been around musicians that were so good, but puffed up about it, they just couldn't find anything interesting or even want to hear anyone else that isn't as good as they are. Well we shouldn't be that way because we are one body. We need to hear from each other.
 I want to want to be interested in every word that someone has to say. How can we put a great song together if we don't listen to, or play our note?
 I'm not good at quoting Scripture but I can usually put a story together that connects to Scripture. Its just the way I live it.
 Sorry if my reply doesn't make any sense to anyone.

No one needs to be shy about sounding off. We miss out on an opportunity, and so do you.
 I just posted something that might sound funny to some, and non interesting to some, etc., but it just doesn't matter to me because my note or chord is just as important as anyone else s. Its just the making of a different song that's all; presented in a way that is easy for me.
 The forum is the jam room. We are the notes. We need to hear all the notes to make a great great song.
OK, I'm through.
PS.  Its a great jam room. I'm thankful and blessed to be here.
Oh! and I am on topic if you listen to the notes and chords.
Peace
Roy

Hi Roy,

I really enjoyed reviewing and contemplating your post, over and over. If anyone gives this more than a perfunctory view they will see many parables contained within the words and examples you speak of.

The world/universe and every thing and everybody who have been a part of of it through the ages have been the symphony orchestra being conducted by the Master Composer and Conductor. Every thing, everybody and every experience will culminate into a philharmonic orchestra exemplifying the genius and glory of our Creator.

In this time of imperfection sometimes or should I say often the tones are discordant and senseless because of our present condition, perhaps like woodwinds, brass, string, percussion, etc. practicing and perfecting their particular parts simultaniously within the same hall. To the immature or inexperienced listener it may seem to be nothing but undisciplined, incoherent noise but the Master Composer/Conductor knows that when each section, each musician has perfected his/her own part then and only then will the entire orchestra be capable of producing the desired result.

Yes, it is true that there are only seven notes, but the octaves are theoretically infinite.

One day we will have "ears to hear" it all!  ;)

Thank you for the very thought provoking post.

Peace,

Joe

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 07:27:05 PM by hillsbororiver »

bluzman

« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2009, 07:12:41 PM »

Roy and Joe,
      These posts just draw me into thinking about all of these things. How Great is our Creator?
Play a little guitar now and then.  8) 8) 8)
Peace, Bluzman

hillsbororiver

« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2009, 07:29:43 PM »

Dear Brothers & Sisters,

I want to sincerely thank all who have responded to (and contemplated) the posts in this thread. My purpose in bringing this topic up was to help us all understand not only each other but also to underline the purpose of this Forum.

From "The Rules of this Forum"

This forum is primarily a place for people of a like mind to fellowship, and secondarily to discuss and question what they learn on bible-truths.com.

That really sums up what Ray & Dennis had in mind when they decided to provide us an outlet to share with like minded believers, this is truly a gift that should never be trivialized or taken for granted. With that being said I am confident that it was never thought that everyone would come together without the occasional hurt feelings and misunderstandings that appear whenever a diverse group of people attempt to come together and are limited by the written word less the human interaction, even meeting together in person where we can see the body language and all that comes with personal interaction would not guarantee peace and harmony every minute or even every day.

A big part of this earthly journey is to overcome our own personal desires and expectations and to submit to the example our Lord has shown us, what builds our spiritual strength more effectively, never being challenged or meeting challenges with patience, humility and compassion?

Let's not become offended if we feel we are not being properly (in our own minds) acknowledged, be willing to accept that we are all in different places on this journey and there will be times that we feel isolated, did Jesus not suffer acute isolation? Other than His Father (in Spirit) He was often alone in a crowd physically.

To be perfectly honest after being here for over 4 years I never know who might respond to something I might present but I do have a very strong feeling (from experience) who will not respond, it used to bother me until it finally hit home;

This is not about me!

The real spiritual blessings we receive from interacting with our Brothers and Sisters, here or anywhere is when we put them before us and when we feel under appreciated it is better to meditate on why we feel the way we do rather than dwell on why others are not responding to us as we would prefer, everything we experience is forming us into a Son or Daughter of God. This should comfort us in every situation.

Thank you all again.

Peace,

Joe

rsks

« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2009, 09:04:52 PM »

I don't post very often, just learning this whole forum thing.  I like to read more than to post.  You
all are great and I very much appreciate this forum!  What a true blessing is is for me!

Some wise posts I must say, great insights.  Love to all,  Kelli

hillsbororiver

« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2009, 06:26:45 PM »

Hi Kelli,

On behalf of all of the participants here I want to thank you for your kind words, we are all learning (and hopefully) growing here and again I think I speak for many when I say we still have far more questions than we presently have answers, at least the detailed answers.

The one thing we do know is our Lord and Savior is going to bring us all home to our Father, ultimately the big answer to the biggest question any of us has pondered; why are we here and what is our final destination?

Peace,

Joe

daywalker

« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2009, 08:03:26 PM »

We all have different talents and skills or Spiritual gifts but we are one body with one Spirit.
 I use to be shy about playing a music instrument in the presence of more talented musicians. I would be looking at an instrument at the music store, thinking about buying it, and they would plug it in to the amp; now the whole store can hear it, and everyone in there can play the heck out of a guitar. The guy says try it out, I would say, "you play it", or I would turn the volume down hoping they couldn't hear it as well.
 I'm not sure what brought me out of that, but now I will sit in the music store for long periods of time playing. It just doesn't bother me in the least. Sometimes someone will get an instrument and start jammin with me. A lot of times Ive been asked what I'm playing; sounds good, gives me some ideas to a song Ive been working on, or I never thought about using those chords like that. Just different things that would inspire them and vise verse.
  Its amazing how millions of arrangements can be made with only seven notes in music.
My point here is that every note is important just as everyone here, and their voice. Some notes and voices are brighter than others or sustained or muted, etc. but we need to know and hear all the notes and voices that make up a song. One note or chord  or voice is the beginning of something new.
  All of us are like music notes regardless of how small the sound might seem to some of us. Its like Ray says, "you have to pay attention to the words."
 Ive been around musicians that were so good, but puffed up about it, they just couldn't find anything interesting or even want to hear anyone else that isn't as good as they are. Well we shouldn't be that way because we are one body. We need to hear from each other.
 I want to want to be interested in every word that someone has to say. How can we put a great song together if we don't listen to, or play our note?
 I'm not good at quoting Scripture but I can usually put a story together that connects to Scripture. Its just the way I live it.
 Sorry if my reply doesn't make any sense to anyone.

No one needs to be shy about sounding off. We miss out on an opportunity, and so do you.
 I just posted something that might sound funny to some, and non interesting to some, etc., but it just doesn't matter to me because my note or chord is just as important as anyone else s. Its just the making of a different song that's all; presented in a way that is easy for me.
 The forum is the jam room. We are the notes. We need to hear all the notes to make a great great song.
OK, I'm through.
PS.  Its a great jam room. I'm thankful and blessed to be here.
Oh! and I am on topic if you listen to the notes and chords.
Peace
Roy

WOW!

I've been noticing that this thread just keeps going on and on and more and more replies everyday, so I decided to go back to the beginning and read every post [including the ones I had already read.. again...] What an amazing thread!! So much spiritual food here; this is the type of thread which brings the body of Christ even closer than before in Unity. Thanks Joe for starting this thread and thanks to everyone who has participated!!

In response to your awesome post Roy, I wanted to quote one of several 'infamous' excerpts from Ray's LOF Series. By the way, I am a fellow guitarist and bass player myself--though I don't play as often as I used to, I get "hot and cold"--but your post made Perfect sense to me!  ;)

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D4.htm

"TOO MANY NOTES"

In one of my favorite movies, "Amadeus," Emperor Joseph, whom Salieri (the court composer in Vienna) says, "has no ear at all for music," extols Mozart with reserved compliments for his new composition and then offers this criticism to make it better: "Too many notes" he observes. "Take out some of the notes and it will be just fine." "Just which notes did you have in mind," queried Mozart. The puzzled Emperor admitted he didn't know, but that he should just take some of notes out, and it would be fine. Mozart persisted that his composition had neither too few nor too many notes.

Peace, Out

Daywalker.  8)

Ninny

« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2009, 10:21:40 PM »

You are right Daywalker...some things are just too good to let go of! Leave it to Joe to get us all thinking!! And discussing!
Kathy ;)

Phil3:10

« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »

Joe,
Thanks again for starting this enlightening post. It is a post like yours that opens our minds to the total greatness and power of our HEAVENLY FATHER. Please do this again when the opportunity is available, as you do it so very well.
In HIM,
Phil3:10 (Rick)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.