bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Generation?  (Read 7375 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Generation?
« on: July 16, 2009, 04:47:37 PM »

Good day Ray

This morning I have a very confusing subject for me and the guys in my Bible Talk and I'm hoping that
you will be able to clear it for us. Matthew 24 I believe speaks about the coming of the Lord, and some
of us are in agreement and some not that His coming has happened because the writer at the time
when speaking to those people said "this generation will live to see it" To our understanding it simply says that
the people He was speaking to were gonna see His coming then? Knowing we have to take God at His
word leaves us with thinking that it has happened but the only scripture that we have is that one to back
it up and also in Acts 2.

Question? Has Jesus's coming happened and that generation seen it? And if so why is there so little
said about it?

Dear Nicolette:  Granted that verse does seem confusing until we take a much closer look at it.  Notice
that Jesus said there would be many things happening before He would return:  Signs in the sun and moon (Matt
24:29);  the sign of the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven (Ver. 30);  angels gathering the elect at the
sound of the trumpet (Ver. 31);  the parable of the fig tree (Ver. 32).  Now then, WHAT generation would not
pass until our Lord Returns?  The generation that Jesus was talking to in Matt. 24?  NO.  "THIS" generation--the
generation that would see,

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, WHEN YE shall see ALL THESE THINGS, know that it is near, even at the doors.

It would be the generation that would "see ALL these things" mentioned in the previous verses, THAT would be

the generation that will not pass until our Lord comes.

The word "this" in this verse is from the following words and notice how it can be translated:

G3778

οὗτος, οὗτοι, αὕτη, αὕται

houtos houtoi hautē hautai

hoo'-tos, hoo'-toy, how'-tay, how'-tahee

Including the nominative masculine plural (second form), nominative feminine signular (third form), and the nominate feminine plural, (fourth form). From the article G3588 and G846; the he (she or it), that is, this or THAT (often with the article repeated): - he (it was that), hereof, it, she, such as, the same, these, they, this (man, same, woman), which, who.

I do not know Greek, but possibly Matt. 24:34 could be translation "THAT generation."  Which generation?  THAT one--the one which sees "ALL THESE THINGS," and no generation has get seen "all of these things" come to pass.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.