bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi Everybody, it's time for me to log in and participate again  (Read 6826 times)

smeacham

No, I didn't die.  No, my health hasn't gone downhill.  No, I haven't walked away from God or the Truths of His Word.  And no, nobody hurt my feelings or made me upset.

Being here makes me very happy.  In fact, I have a huge grin on my face right now, just writing this.  But this feeling became an addiction that started to hurt other things in my life.  Too much time on the Internet, especially these forums.  Too little time reading God's Word, seeking God's face, time with our baby (who is 9mo old, now!), etc.  My cup ranneth over, but with too many of the wrong things.

Being here also made me very stressed sometimes.  I fight a lot of defensive battles in real-life, mostly against stupid people, and have my share of life's struggles and tests-of-faith.  My own strength waned as I was pouring myself out, not letting God fill me back up again.

So God basically arranged time for me to cleanse and purify.  I learned again to take my rest in Him, to enjoy His presence.  He sheltered me from distractions and vain arguments for a season.  Now I feel my strength is renewed and my cup is ready to overflow again.  And guess what, He just put a new evangelical concerned for my eternal salvation in my life.  Oh my.

God Bless You All,
Steven
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 02:31:49 AM by Steve Meacham »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Hi Everybody, it's time for me to log in and participate again
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 01:54:18 AM »

Was thinking of you just today, Steve.

I'm not sure about cycles...more like peaks and valleys.  The trick there is to recognize the difference betweeen mountains and mole-hills.   :D

Glad to hear from you. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 02:20:31 AM »

So glad you are back! Yes, I can relate with you on all those things. That, rest we get from God can do so much for us. Nothing like it. Nothing, like that one on one time with our Lord. I often find myself off the right road if I do not rest and spend time with God.

In His Love,
Marlene

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 10:25:07 AM »

Steve! I'm so glad to see you back I have been wondering where you were! I have thought about you often!
I'm happy to know you're ok. Now don't do that again!! (unless of course God leads you to it!!) :D
Kathy ;)

smeacham

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 02:41:28 PM »

I do need to apologize to everyone for not saying goodbye first.  I really didn't know, at first, that I would be gone for long or how long.  Then after a little while, it felt like a combination of embarrassing and backsliding to show up just to say goodbye.

One lesson I learned is I ought to establish email or telephone communication with many of you.  That way if something happens to this forum or anything else, we can still keep in touch.

Steve

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 03:48:46 PM »

Steve, if you are on facebook there are a number of members there as well.  Check the OffTopics forum for more info. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

larissa4676

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 04:22:46 PM »

Welcome back Steve.

Larissa

cjwood

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »

welcome home steve. thanks for the pm. i have prayed for you and have missed reading your posts.

claudia

cherokee

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 09:02:09 AM »

So glad the Lord led(dragged) you back Steve.  ;)

We have missed you.

Blessings,
Suzie

smeacham

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 12:19:35 PM »

Dragged me back, indeed!

Linny

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 12:56:48 AM »

Welcome back Steve! So glad you have returned refreshed. It is so important to keep our priorities in order.
And our babies need us and we need to not look back with regret. Precious memories made and
precious lives to shape. :)

Lin

gmik

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 01:44:26 PM »

Welcome Home Brother.

meee

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 04:54:52 PM »

Yes, welcome home and that is one cutie you have there !  The baby, I mean. ;)
              meee ;D

judith collier

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 04:30:13 AM »

I am so happy you are back. I have thought of you so many times. judy

iris

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 11:31:25 PM »

Welcome home Steve, so glad to have you back!!

Iris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.