bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: All Roads lead to Mobile, Alabama  (Read 34789 times)

emkayfey

All Roads lead to Mobile, Alabama
« on: July 12, 2009, 06:45:54 AM »

I am excited Ray is even thinking of a conference this year and I am amazed at his strength...well, God's strength in him. Ray has gone ahead in faith to book the conference hall. I'm joining my faith with his and will be booking a flight from the UK for the event...been yearning for this and I'm sure others are. Any news on registration?

Roy Coates

Re: All Roads lead to Mobile, Alabama
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 06:20:11 PM »

No updates yet. I am watching for them too. I think this is the form you will use once the group is signed up: http://ashburyhotel.com/event_planner.html At least this will give some idea of the location etc. You might try calling them to get put on a list that will be added soon as the conference is set for sure.

emkayfey

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 06:39:10 PM »

Hey, thanks for the hotel registration link, the hotel location information will help in itinerary planning...can't wait.

daywalker

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 07:04:24 PM »

I'm just curious if there has been any further discussion about a conference this year (2009)?  I want to make sure, god willing that I am able to go and don't want to miss any bit of information passed along about it.  of course I know it's all dependent upon if God allows Ray to proceed based on his health, etc.  But I am praying hard as I am sure everyone else is too.

-Jacob   ;D

I believe this is the latest update from Ray:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10324.0.html

"I am going to step out on faith and believe that God will improve my condition in the months ahead.  Therefore, I have tentatively reserved a large meeting room in the Mobile, Alabama Ashbury Suites and Conference Center for a November 7th and 8th.  In a couple of weeks I will finalize the subjects I plan to cover, and will inform you of them."

- Daywalker

emkayfey

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 05:57:53 AM »

Does anyone know what the nearest international airport to Mobile, Alabama is? (Not Mobile regional), just called the hotel, they suggested New Orleans, I also found Birmingham AL...any idea?

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 10:33:48 AM »

Hey!
My husband is pretty familiar with the area and he said New Orleans is probably the closest... there is an airport in Pensacola but probably not international. New Orleans is only like maybe 150 miles from Mobile..Birmingham is going to be twice as far...Hope that helps.... :)
Kathy ;)   

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 10:59:43 AM »

Panama City, Florida may be an option, though I don't know if it's a very good option.  Are you thinking about flying direct from the UK (?) and driving the remainder? 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 11:13:35 AM »

Did just a bit of research and found flights from the UK to Mobile via Memphis, (Tennessee), Houston, (Texas), and Atlanta, (Georgia).  Memphis is a hub for Northwest airlines and their European partner, KLM (The Dutch airline).  Houston and Atlanta are much bigger cities, so probably more flight options.  New Orleans is not a very large city, despite it's fame.    

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 11:32:00 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

emkayfey

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 11:57:41 AM »

Thank you Ninny and Dave in Tenn,
I'll love to take just one flight and drive for the remainder of the journey, it's looking like New Orleans then and a three hours drive to Mobile (3 hours, according to the receptionist at the venue). Thanks for your help and hope to see yah all.

darren

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 02:10:18 PM »

Greetings everyone. I just wanted to inform the ones who are not familiar with the  New Orleans airport. The airport is actually in Kenner La. which is about 45 min to an hr.away from N.O. From there it is about an hr maby alittle more to where I live. In Slidell La. I live about 15 min from the Miss. state line. From there, I'm guessing 3hrs. to Mobile. Its a nice ride. One can either take the straight shot on the interstate (I-10) or can go the scenic route along the gulf of Mexico (very nice  ride). I plan on going myself. If anyone would like we can hook up at my house and I will lead the way. (just a thought).

Darren

cjwood

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 07:22:07 PM »

darren,
i think your idea about following you to mobile would be a blessing to any and all of us who are planning on making the trip. my prayer is that ray is indeed strong enough in health to have the november conference.

claudia

Kat

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 09:50:14 PM »

It is so exciting to here people are making preliminary plans for the conference.  I did talk to Ray this week and he is determined to have this conference.  I think it is good that he has this to look forward to and I believe it will proceed, of course God willing.  Ray is planning to direct his talks towards our personal relationship with God; how we should be living, how we should study and pray and just what we should be doing.  He wants to show how it all relates to YOU as an individual and your relationship with God.  I think he is going to get into the health aspect of how we live too, as that has been a key factor in his life for the past year.  And yes it was a year ago this month (July) that he was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and only given 6 months to live. 

He will still want everybody who plans to attend the conference to register with him, but he will not be putting restrictions on how many can attend like last time.  This place is bigger and he thinks it will accommodate whoever shows up.

He also wants to finish up an article he has been working on for some time now, it's on the book 23 Minutes In Hell by Bill Wiese.  He hopes to put that up on his site before the conference.

Hoping to see many of this forum family at the conference  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Patrick

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 10:45:57 PM »

You can get nonstop flights from the UK to Atlanta (I don't think you can to New Orleans) and then just a short flight down to Mobile.

Roy Coates

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 01:22:09 AM »

Glory to God, this is exciting ;D

cjwood

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 02:02:08 AM »

amen to that roy coates! Glory to God! kat i got so excited reading your post, especially since you have spoken to ray recently about the conference. i pray that God the Father will continue to work His healing miracle in ray's body so that this conference can come to pass. what an awesome gathering it can be, and what an awesome opportunity to delve deeper into His Truths via our brother teacher ray. i feel like a little kid waiting for their birthday party (conference) to begin so they can open all the presents (God's precious gifts of Truth).

claudia

emkayfey

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 07:25:51 AM »

It is so exciting to here people are making preliminary plans for the conference.  I did talk to Ray this week and he is determined to have this conference.  I think it is good that he has this to look forward to and I believe it will proceed, of course God willing.  Ray is planning to direct his talks towards our personal relationship with God; how we should be living, how we should study and pray and just what we should be doing.  He wants to show how it all relates to YOU as an individual and your relationship with God.  I think he is going to get into the health aspect of how we live too, as that has been a key factor in his life for the past year.  And yes it was a year ago this month (July) that he was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and only given 6 months to live. 

He will still want everybody who plans to attend the conference to register with him, but he will not be putting restrictions on how many can attend like last time.  This place is bigger and he thinks it will accommodate whoever shows up.

He also wants to finish up an article he has been working on for some time now, it's on the book 23 Minutes In Hell by Bill Wiese.  He hopes to put that up on his site before the conference.

Hoping to see many of this forum family at the conference  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Kat noted that Ray wanted everyone who wants to be at the conference to register with him, is this just by email of is there a particular avenue for doing this?

Thanks Patrick and everyone who have suggested route and directions, especially Darren, whom I hope to take up on the offer for djourney together to conference from his placefrom his place.

chav

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2009, 09:15:15 AM »

Hi
I've found this flight from Gatwick to Bates Field Al

http://www.dialaflight.com/flights/searchresults.aspx?originnodeid=694&destinationnodeid=1091&class=Y&referrer=cheapflights

How far from Mobile is the airport ?

Dave

Kat

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2009, 10:27:29 AM »

Hi emkayfey,

Ray will post a letter and give instructions on how to register, but you can email him with any questions.

Dave, Bates Field is the Mobile airport or at least Bates Field is on the outskirts of Mobile. 

mercy, peace and love
Kat

mharrell08

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 01:27:42 PM »

FYI:

From the Ashbury Hotel and Suites website (http://www.ashburyhotel.com/conference_center.html)

The Ashbury Hotel’s conference center has Mobile’s largest ground level meeting and conference space. Our professional conference center is perfect for business meetings and conferences for 20-600 people.

Our 13,000 square foot Conference Center offers a variety of room arrangements and a beautifully landscaped courtyard for a breath of fresh air. We offer fax and copy services, as well as telephones and high speed wireless internet access, all for your convenience.

Looks like they'll be plenty of room...this should make registration easier for everyone compared to last year. Hope to see you all there.  :)

Marques

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 01:31:47 PM »

I hope somebody can check out the PA situation in advance as well.   :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.