bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: All Roads lead to Mobile, Alabama  (Read 34821 times)

mharrell08

Re: All Roads lead to Mobile, Alabama
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 03:14:43 PM »

I don't know about anyone else but I am chomping at the bit to register.  I'm scared I will miss the go ahead msg to register and it will get all filled up or somehow it will end up being limited numbers only able to attend.  I do pray that God will allow me to attend because I really want to go~  I just put in for vacation during those dates.

The Conference room can hold up to 600 people...that's plenty in regards to past attendance. Everyone may not have a room at the Ashbury Hotel but that is not as important to actually attending the conference.

Don't worry...God is over all causes and circumstances...it will be up to HIM as to whether we even have this conference and who will be there. Just trust Him.  :)

Ps 145:17  The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.

Marques

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 05:08:42 PM »

The Ashbury Hotel’s conference center has Mobile’s largest ground level meeting and conference space. Our professional conference center is perfect for business meetings and conferences for 20-600 people.

Our 13,000 square foot Conference Center

Not sure how they came up with those numbers, must be the new math.  ;D
The chart at the bottom of the page, on the link provided, lists how many people any one Ballroom can hold with different seating configurations;
Camelia Ballroom; theater seating=450
Jasmine Ballroom=350
Dogwood Ballroom (the Conference room used since I've been going to Mobile, with the exception of the one time at the Library)=350.
I think the past Mobile/Ashbury conferences have been set up as classroom seating.

Nevertheless, as Marques stated;
Don't worry...God is over all causes and circumstances...it will be up to HIM as to whether we even have this conference and who will be there. Just trust Him.
Ps 145:17  The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.

Quote from: Dave UK

How far from Mobile is the airport ?

Dave

Ashbury Hotel and Suites
600 West I-65 Service Road South
Mobile, Alabama 36608

FROM MOBILE REGIONAL AIRPORT
Exit out of the airport taking a left at the light onto Airport Blvd. Go approximately 6 miles. Just before reaching I-65 and about one block east of the Olive Garden (on your right), Turn Left on the West Service Road (There will be a Shell Station on the left) proceed to Ashbury Hotel and Suites, which in on your left.

darren

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »

Yes emkayfey, I am dead serious. I would love to have some company for the trip. I feel I can not miss this one. I'm still kicking myself for missing the last conf. If worse comes to worse I will bring my own food and sleep in my car. If it is God's will that I attened, then I will be there. In fact I am buying a new car (new to me) for the trip.

Darren

Kat

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 06:53:34 PM »

When I talked to Ray last week, he mentioned that he is reserving more seating than Nashville, but it would not be 200.  I think you can have those rooms sectioned off and pay for a smaller amount of seats.  After not being able to get a accurate count of those who would attend at the last conference and the number fluctuating during the conference, he is not going to make it necessary for everyone to register for a seat.  But he does want everyone to register with him if they plan to come.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

ez2u

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 07:24:01 PM »

Is anyone coming from Florida?  If so let me know and if you want we could drive up together?  Peggy

OBrenda

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 11:23:52 PM »

Is anyone coming from Florida?  If so let me know and if you want we could drive up together?  Peggy

Hi Peggy I sure am praying too! Let's keep in touch
 :)
Brenda

emkayfey

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 05:33:50 AM »

Yes emkayfey, I am dead serious. I would love to have some company for the trip. I feel I can not miss this one. I'm still kicking myself for missing the last conf. If worse comes to worse I will bring my own food and sleep in my car. If it is God's will that I attened, then I will be there. In fact I am buying a new car (new to me) for the trip.

Darren

Sorry if this looks disjointed, posted from Phone.
Dave UK has found a US Airways flight from Gatwick to Bates Field which we now understand is in Mobile, we have booked the flight, arriving 2 days before, and leaving a day after the conference.

Thanks a lot Darren for the willing offer of driving down together from New Orleans? but we will now be landing in Mobile itself. Next hurdle is booking accommodation. See y'all in Mobile AL.

chav

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 12:23:13 PM »

Hi
Our flight won't be direct from London to Mobile as we initially thought.we first fly to Charlotte then connect to  another flight to Bates Field .I'm not sure whether Charlotte is closer to Mobile than New Orleans or not.
It will be my first time to USA so I'm really looking forward to it.Pity I cant stay a bit longer.Karen and I have got this fantasy about hiring a car and having a USA road trip, route 66 and the rest. Oh well ! perhaps one day.
Needless to say I'm very excited about being able to attend the conference, as well as being able to meet Ray and many of you on the forum in person.
Dave

Ninny

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »

Dave that is very exciting!  Charlotte is considerably farther than New Orleans but it you're getting a connecting flight at least you won't have to drive!!  I am looking forward to the conference as well, I just hope I get to go!! Praying that everything works out! It'll be a shame if it doesn't, I'm so close!!! AND meeting everyone will be the best!!
Kathy ;)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 02:46:39 PM »

Just a heads up to our members outside the US.  There is really no possibility of flying from Europe/UK or Australasia directly into Mobile, Alabama.  Mobile is a small city on the Gulf of Mexico with a regional airport which serves business and vacation travellers within the US.  You CAN make connecting flights from many cities in the US.  The closest one would be New Orleans.  That flight would be less than an hour.

If you are really wanting to drive part of the way, New Orleans is certainly the closest and also an interesting destination in itself. 

If you want to fly into Mobile, however, any city in the US Southeast would be a comfortable flight time-wise to/from Mobile.  The biggies would be Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Memphis, Nashville, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami and the rest of Florida.  There may be others.  There would be so little difference in flight times between these cities (including New Orleans) and Mobile as to make it an insignificant part of the decison-equation.  I'd really suggest just considering cost, schedule, and/or the quality of the stopover in making a decision.

Traveller Dave out.       
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

ez2u

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 03:07:05 AM »

okay i just received an email from ray and we are to wait for his direction

Dear Peggy:  I don't know who told you to register for this Conference, as I have not even announced it as yet.

I will make an announcement at the top of our home page when I have all the particulars concerning it.  Actually,

the Conference will begin on November 8, not November 9.  Look for the announcement.

God be with you,

Ray

darren

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 05:02:57 AM »

emkayfey: That's great news. flying into Mobile.I'm not sure but  If there is time one should check out the beaches there. Thery are beautifull.
                                                                       Darren

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 11:21:22 AM »

Everyone, I know there is excitement building, but do not make reservations and such until things are finalized.  When that happens Ray will announce it.  Because of health concerns he may wait until later to make the announcements.  It would be terrible to purchase airline tickets only to find out the date is changed, etc.

Everyone take a deep breath. :)

Craig

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2009, 12:09:21 PM »

I just wanted to share an email that I received from Ray...it seems an announcement will be coming shortly. I still wouldn't book any travel plans until it's official though.

Subject: 2009 Mobile Conference

Dear Ray:

I am a relatively new member on the Bible Truths Forum and in fact this is my first email to you.  We are all so excited about attending a conference in November and are praying that GOD gives you the health, strength, and wisdom for you to be able to make this come to fruition.  Kathy suggested that I email you to ask if you will please add my name to the attendees list for this year?  I am so thankful to GOD for the knowledge that he has chosen to impart through you.  I will keep you in my prayers.
Warmly in Christ,
Jill

Dear Jill:  Actually, I have not formally announced a Bible Conference as yet, but we did book the meeting room yesterday

at the Ashbury Hotel Suites and Convention Center here in Mobile.  Meetings will be on the 7th and 8th of November.

I will put a formal announcement at the top of our bible-truths home page as soon as I work out a tentative schedule of

topics to be covered.  Looking forward to meeting you in November.  Be sure to make your presence known to me at

the Conference.

God be with you,

Ray

emkayfey

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2009, 04:05:45 AM »

Everyone, I know there is excitement building, but do not make reservations and such until things are finalized.  When that happens Ray will announce it.  Because of health concerns he may wait until later to make the announcements.  It would be terrible to purchase airline tickets only to find out the date is changed, etc.

Everyone take a deep breath. :)

Craig

Well, too late for us (I and Dave UK) to change anything now, we've already deposited for the tickets and are neck deep in this now. In any case, we went ahead because we join our faith with Ray's in believing that the conference will hold as tentatively scheduled. Craig is so right that the excitement is building up, and Iam very happy to hear that the hall has been booked. God has preserved Ray through all odd, and it our prayer He will keep him for a long time to come. So all road still lead to Mobile AL.

larissa4676

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2009, 01:19:15 AM »

I live in the Dallas area, my husband and I plan on driving. It's about a nine hour ride. If anyone who care to join us or follow us...please let me know.

I'm so excited! This is our first conference.

Larissa

Ninny

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2009, 01:26:49 AM »

Craig,
 ;) You're always so smart!  :D
Kathy :D

ez2u

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2009, 02:08:58 AM »

well  Lord willing the 7th and 8th  we all will be able to met and share with each other  Anyone want to buddy up with me let me know.  peggy  from Florida

EKnight

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2009, 12:59:04 PM »

I just made my hotel and flight reservations.  Now hopefully my boss will give me friday and monday off. ::) ::)

Eileen

cjwood

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2009, 07:28:44 PM »

i made my hotel reservation at the ashbury suites, but won't book a flight til i see if the conference indeed comes to pass and ray posts the registering with him instructions. eileen, are you staying at the ashbury?

claudia
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.