bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blessed  (Read 5084 times)

dave

Blessed
« on: July 12, 2009, 08:16:27 AM »

I have been on a christian website and it has tried sanity and my strength. I know I was being foolish thinking
I could make head way, but their responses were so incredible and then as a third party I was
scolded, I laughed, but felt so bad that there are so many out there who REFUSE to SEE what the
Word says and continue to hold on to teachings of "going to hell."
Anyway its good to have you folks like you to bring me back to joy with truth.
Peace and Love Through Jesus :)

mharrell08

Re: Blessed
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 11:12:36 AM »

I have been on a christian website and it has tried sanity and my strength. I know I was being foolish thinking
I could make head way, but their responses were so incredible and then as a third party I was
scolded, I laughed, but felt so bad that there are so many out there who REFUSE to SEE what the
Word says and continue to hold on to teachings of "going to hell."
Anyway its good to have you folks like you to bring me back to joy with truth.
Peace and Love Through Jesus :)

Blind people do not, either physically or spiritually, refuse to see...they never have the option. If the Lord did not open any of our eyes, we would be on those sites & in the churches preaching the same, awful message. This is a grand truth when it comes to repentance...we are no better, but have been chosen by the Lord to know these things. We too have to repent of this wickedness as it was and is in us but the glory of the Lord overcomes it in us.

2 Thess 2:11  ...for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie

Rev 12:9  ...the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

2 Cor 4:4  ...the god of this world [Satan] hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Rom 11:32  For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Thanks,

Marques

lauriellen

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 01:31:53 PM »

Rom 9:16-21  "So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. For the scripture says to the Pharoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be delcared in all the earth."  Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens."
    "You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?"  But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God?  Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"  Does the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?"

I was thinking about posting on this very subject this morning myself.  Funny how God can put the same line of thinking into alot of people at the same time.
I was just wondering about this......since it IS GOD, and not our own free will as to weather we beleive or not, and some people are formed for "dishonor" or
"prepared for distruction" as the next verse puts it, it almost seems like THEY should get the 'BIGGER' reward, since their lives were doomed before they ever started.....  Is this wrong thinking?  When coming against people whom God has blinded their eyes that they see not, and their ears that they hear not, I feel SOOOOOO sorry for them......it makes me feel VERY  humble that for some unexplained, UNDESREVED reason, my eyes have been opened.  At sometimes, at the same time, a little seed of doubt starts to wiggle its way into my thoughts that maybe I am the one who is blind!?!?!?!
does anyone else experience this?

lauri

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 02:38:31 PM »

Rom 9:16-21  "So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. For the scripture says to the Pharoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be delcared in all the earth."  Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens."
    "You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?"  But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God?  Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"  Does the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?"

I was thinking about posting on this very subject this morning myself.  Funny how God can put the same line of thinking into alot of people at the same time.
I was just wondering about this......since it IS GOD, and not our own free will as to weather we beleive or not, and some people are formed for "dishonor" or
"prepared for distruction" as the next verse puts it, it almost seems like THEY should get the 'BIGGER' reward, since their lives were doomed before they ever started.....  Is this wrong thinking?  When coming against people whom God has blinded their eyes that they see not, and their ears that they hear not, I feel SOOOOOO sorry for them......it makes me feel VERY  humble that for some unexplained, UNDESREVED reason, my eyes have been opened.  At sometimes, at the same time, a little seed of doubt starts to wiggle its way into my thoughts that maybe I am the one who is blind!?!?!?!does anyone else experience this?

lauri

Lauri,here is where Scripture always leads one to the Truth.Hope this helps. :)

Matthew 6:30
If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Matthew 8:26
He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

Matthew 14:31
Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

Matthew 16:8
Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked, "You of little faith, why are you talking among yourselves about having no bread?

Matthew 17:20
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Luke 12:28
If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith!

Peace...Mark

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 04:17:26 PM »

Rom 9:16-21  "So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. For the scripture says to the Pharoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be delcared in all the earth."  Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens."
    "You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?"  But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God?  Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"  Does the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?"

I was thinking about posting on this very subject this morning myself.  Funny how God can put the same line of thinking into alot of people at the same time.
I was just wondering about this......since it IS GOD, and not our own free will as to weather we believe or not, and some people are formed for "dishonor" or
"prepared for distruction" as the next verse puts it, it almost seems like THEY should get the 'BIGGER' reward, since their lives were doomed before they ever started.....  Is this wrong thinking?  When coming against people whom God has blinded their eyes that they see not, and their ears that they hear not, I feel SOOOOOO sorry for them
......it makes me feel VERY  humble that for some unexplained, UNDESREVED reason, my eyes have been opened.  At sometimes, at the same time, a little seed of doubt starts to wiggle its way into my thoughts that maybe I am the one who is blind!?!?!?! does anyone else experience this?
lauri

Remember, the doom the world is trained to think about is final. The doom in Scripture, for humanity is temporary and necessary. Otherwise we (humanity) cannot grow into what GOD HAS Already Purposed for us All.

Doubt is a weapon of the Adversary. Scripture is Truth, if we are given to understand and discern Truth, and the witnesses that GOD Use, for us to verify that it is HIS Truth. Then we can run to those witnesses, to rebuke the doubts, whenever the Adversary brings it up to try us.

Deu 17:6 (CLV)
At the mouth of two witnesses or three witnesses, the one about to die shall be put to death. He shall not be put to death at the mouth of one witness.

Deu 19:15 (CLV)
A single witness shall not rise against a man regarding any depravity or any sin. In any sin which one may sin, the matter shall be confirmed at the mouth of two witnesses or at the mouth of three witn

Mat 18:16 (CLV)
Yet if ever he should not be hearing, take still one or two others along with you, that at the mouth of two witnesses, or of three, every declaration may be made to stand.

2Co 13:1 (CLV)
Lo! This is the third time I am coming to you. At the mouth of two witnesses, and three, shall every declaration be made to stand. "

Four times above The Scriptures tell us how to verify and wash away doubt. And four times below we can see examples of why, when doubting GOD'S Word we will get nothing from HIM.

Mat 21:21 (CLV)
Now, answering, Jesus said to them, "Verily, I am saying to you, If you should be having faith and not be doubting, not only that to the fig tree will you be doing, but if you should be saying to this mountain also, 'Be picked up and cast into the sea!' it will be occurring."

Mar 11:23 (CLV)
verily, I am saying to you that whosoever may be saying to this mountain, 'Be picked up and cast into the sea,' and may not be doubting in his heart, but should be believing that what he is speaking is occurring, it shall be his, whatsoever he may be saying."

Rom 14:23 (CLV)
Now he who is doubting if he should be eating is condemned, seeing that it is not out of faith. Now everything which is not out of faith is sin."

James 1:6 (CLV)
Yet let him be requesting in faith, doubting nothing, for he who is doubting simulates a surge of the sea, driven by the wind and tossed."

So to sum it up, here is what The Scriptures Teach us, about how to handle these seeming causes of confusion:

Eze 43: 10-11 (GW)
10  "Son of man, describe this temple to the people of Israel. Then they will be ashamed because of their sins. Let them study the plans.
11  Suppose they are ashamed of everything that they have done. Then show them the design of the temple, its arrangements, its exits and entrances-its entire design. Tell them about all its rules and regulations. Then write these things down for them so that they can remember its design and follow all its rules.

2Ti 2:15 (MKJV)
Study earnestly to present yourself approved to God, a workman that does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

James 1:25 (GW)
However, the person who continues to study God's perfect teachings that make people free and who remains committed to them will be blessed. People like that don't merely listen and forget; they actually do what God's teachings say.

george. :)

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 04:18:52 PM by aqr »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.