bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: what to do  (Read 11846 times)

Roy Coates

Re: what to do
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 11:03:32 AM »

It is a strange work God is performing. Thanks for all the continued prayer and support. It is not my responsibility to be in control, it is His. This takes some pressureoff of me. I continue to study, learn and have begun to expose the leaders from my church. I call it training ground when I am asked why i am doing what I am doing. I am slowly becoming more tolerant  to the sinners in my life(myself included), I have much sorrow and pity for them. Peace and Grace be on you all, Roy

G. Driggs

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 11:54:26 AM »

Praying for you Bro, hang in there. Im sure you know this is worth it, and its not for nothing.

Mal 3:2  But who can endure the day when he comes? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner's fire, like the soapmaker's lye.
Mal 3:3  He will sit, testing and purifying the silver; he will purify the sons of Levi, refining them like gold and silver, so that they can bring offerings to Adonai uprightly.

1Pe 1:7  Even gold is tested for genuineness by fire. The purpose of these trials is so that your trust's genuineness, which is far more valuable than perishable gold, will be judged worthy of praise, glory and honor at the revealing of Yeshua the Messiah. 

Peace, Love
G.Driggs

9440geoff

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 06:57:24 PM »

I really feel for you right now, Roy. Maybe your wife is not trying to hurt you, but is looking for some comfort in old, familiar things, even though she knows they are wrong. It is said that time is a great healer, so I'm praying that your wife will come to realize the mistake she is making in wanting to place your daughter in catechism. Also praying you, Roy, that our Father will strengthen you, and give you wisdom, and patience.

Duane

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 12:05:54 AM »

and I thought I had it bad--boo-hoo-- poor ME~

Your trials and tribuations have sure helped strengthen me = THANKS!

judith collier

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 05:06:36 AM »

Dear Roy, I sense your wife feels betrayed. Women like security and when our little worlds are turned upside down we get very upset. She is just hurt. Please let her know that whatever she chooses you will be there for her. Identity is also at stake here. I would ask myself who I really was anymore because I was so entwined in my beliefs and church. Separating is like cutting the umbillical cord, very hard to do.
There is grief involved as though someone or something has died.
It is imperative you uphold her and try your best to ease her out of emotion by patience and understanding. Please don't throw scripture at her.
Love, Judy

karenmarie

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 12:25:59 PM »

Roy, I left my church years ago when I questioned certain truths: hell, evangelism, rigid doctrinal teaching.
And I can also say the church left me - I was a questioner, they felt peril and wanted me out of there if I wasn't going to conform to their teachings.

This also caused me to leave God for a season, to question His very existence.
I looked into spirituality of all types, just looking for something to fill a vacuum. I was never able to embrace any of these belief systems either, I think, because all the questions I had developed in leaving 'christianity' weren't answered in buddhist thoughts or new age goddesses. I realized they were man-made constructions.

After having Nothing for awhile, I still felt a calling of some sort, and was led by some fluke-y events back to a large Baptist church, where I was a skeptical observer and sometime participant. The Divorce-care class was a key- we were an afterthought class, founded by people like me who were raw and angry and allowed to meet by some of the leadership who were, well, just kind and caring, and fought for a place in the church for us "outcasts" to spew and question. I think if some of the deacons had stepped in on any given Sunday, we would have been chucked to the curb!

At the same time, since I was tentatively considering that God maybe did really exist after all, and maybe even cared, I started exploring all denominations that I had been taught were idolatry, chiefly the Catholic church. A study of the catechism was really eye-opening! Ray says somewhere that Protestants and Catholics have 90% of their doctrine in common. Protestant beliefs come right out of Catholicism. I also looked into Orthodox christianity - Greek and Antioch.

Ended up attending an Episcopalian church, the branch that supports active homosexual bishops.

All of these trails and searchings led me to Bible Truths.

And I can't say that any of those journeys hurt me. So many things I learned in those churches have given me understanding into the bible and church history, and I have met many wanderers in those churches who I think God is calling and may be choosing soon.

I think your wife, Roy, is now free to search and explore her roots. She is questioning EVERYTHING right now, being uprooted from her old church. This may be the journey God has called her on, to answer questions that she has, that she has to find on her walk. Even if she embraces Catholicism for a season, I'm sure that if you are faithful to stay true to what you have learned, the truth, she will be able to see your light and be guided by it, to see God's truth.

Karen

Roy Coates

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2010, 12:39:07 PM »

This post was from last year, Things are much better now as we share the truths of God daily. I had posted this link for Duane  because he was going through some tough times that may have been similar. Thanks again for the warm words and kind thoughts.

Bill

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 09:49:26 PM »

This post was from last year, Things are much better now as we share the truths of God daily. I had posted this link for Duane  because he was going through some tough times that may have been similar. Thanks again for the warm words and kind thoughts.

Hi Roy,

Do you have other children other than your step daughter?  Is your daughter still in catechism?  Is she (and other children if any) learning the truths of God?

Bill

Roy Coates

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 02:27:32 AM »

Our daughter (14 special needs) never went, mom decided against it for various reasons. I have 4 other kids( 17,21,22,25) I teach them the truths of God as the Spirit directs(when they ask) and let my life and beliefs flow out as much as I am inspired to. They all are definitely learning the truths of God
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.