bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do not be lead astray  (Read 3969 times)

NoviceBeliever

Do not be lead astray
« on: July 13, 2009, 01:15:01 PM »

I am still living in this world and when people that I am close with ask me how I have been and what I have been doing with myself and I start to explain to them how coming here has changed me and that I am growing in my personal relationship with God, I receive many blank stares and lots of comments and frankly, warnings. And when someone starts to say to me, well this is what "we" believe, and they include me in their "we" and then I say well no, I don't believe that and this is what I believe and God has led me to have an understanding that is different than yours. They act like I have 8 heads.  And I find myself shutting down to them and tuning out what they say, but it is hard to feel different, misunderstood, and alone sometimes. I ask for prayers of comfort. NB

9440geoff

Re: Do not be lead astray
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 02:54:46 PM »

I can empathise with you, NB. It is very hard and frustrating when the very people we want to share with and hope will see the truth and so be like us, behave like we've come from another planet.

Psa 119:50  This is my comfort in my affliction; for Your Word has given me life.

I pray that God will give you His peace, and the knowledge that He will remove the blindness of those close to you in His timing, as He will.

Geoff

Marky Mark

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 03:32:12 PM »

but it is hard to feel different, misunderstood, and alone sometimes

NB. We have to all put on the armor of God,to suffer for Christ's sake.I for one understand where you are coming from[like a lot of Truth seekers here].There are many called but only a few chosen, that run the race, to the finish. If God wants you, He will have you.In His Truth you will gain knowledge and understanding.

Revelation 2:9-11 (Young's Literal Translation)

9I have known thy works, and tribulation, and poverty -- yet thou art rich -- and the evil-speaking of those saying themselves to be Jews, and are not, but [are] a synagogue of the Adversary.

10`Be not afraid of the things that thou art about to suffer; lo, the devil is about to cast of you to prison, that ye may be tried, and ye shall have tribulation ten days; become thou faithful unto death, and I will give to thee the crown of the life.

11He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies: He who is overcoming may not be injured of the second death.

Romans 8:34-36 (Young's Literal Translation)

34who [is] he that is condemning? Christ [is] He that died, yea, rather also, was raised up; who is also on the right hand of God -- who also doth intercede for us.

35Who shall separate us from the love of the Christ? tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36(according as it hath been written -- `For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long, we were reckoned as sheep of slaughter,')

2 Corinthians 12:9-11 (New International Version)
9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Peace...Mark

Roy Coates

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 04:05:36 PM »

Your in my prayers NB, low that we walk trough the valley of the shadow of death we shall fear no evil......Peace

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 05:12:25 PM »

Thank you guys for your prayers and the scriptures.  Some days and weeks are just hard.  Clamming up seems to be my best defense sometimes. Not always easy to do, as you want to share the joy, but not get the "what are you nuts" and "I'm worried about you" comments and looks.  God will guide me. NB
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 17 queries.