bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Movie Knowing  (Read 4501 times)

blakparty

The Movie Knowing
« on: July 15, 2009, 08:55:47 AM »

Hey Brother and Sister Elects,
    I don't write much but I just wanted to share this with you.  First of all, let us continue to pray for L. Ray Smith and his recovery(God willing of course).  He has been a real blessing in my life and I just by reading some of his email, he has been a real blessing in others as well.  I thank my Father almost everyday for him.
     I was watching the movie "Knowing" with my girlfriend.  I have been trying to give her the true Gospel for three years now and she did not want any parts of it.  You see, she has been going to the same church for 30 years (The same church I was going to until I was "called out of her" two years ago.  I and I understand it is hard when you known people for years and then just not go again. (Boy, when Peter said be ready to give an answer, he was not kidding.  But it made me study more.  Not to prove them wrong but to give them the same hope that I have and I tell you the persecution started.  But this is another story for another time but I know some of you if not all of you can feel me on this.)
     After we watch this movie, fiction movie, I was able to share some of the real Gospel with her.  There are many parellels (hope I spelled that right) in life and about the so called "free will".  I hope you will check out this movie and get some of the things I got out of this movie.
     I pray for everyone on this forum and hope that everyone has the strength to carry on with this experience that God has given us (life).  Thank you for your prayers as well, Rob.

Ninny

Re: The Movie Knowing
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 09:49:19 AM »

Hey Rob,
thanks for sharing that, I'll have to check that movie out for sure..You're right we should study not for the sake of argument, but to give an answer for our faith! We encounter people who need an answer far more often that they need an argument!! Many people are seeking answers to the things in life they don't understand, but knowing that God is in control and is directing our way is more important than arguing the point of any doctrine. Love is the answer and love isn't in the arguing it's in the knowing....
Kathy ;)

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 02:19:13 PM »

What a coincidence!!!  or not.  My daughter and her boyfriend were watching this movie last night and I was in and out.  I caught the end where the children were saying they were chosen (to be saved) but the dad was not.  He had to stay behind to die.  I sort of thought of the rapture bs but recognized the many called few chosen.  I am sure there were more parallels but I didn't watch the whole thing. 

Just to mention something a little off this topic, I was listening to a song by Steve Miller Band Jetliner? and there is a verse "you know you've got to go through hell before you get to heaven" --not too far off there Steve.

Eileen

EKnight

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 03:15:05 PM »

Yes it's out on DVD.

Eileen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.