bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Petty prayer request  (Read 5265 times)

EKnight

Petty prayer request
« on: July 16, 2009, 11:11:37 AM »

I have more important prayer requests but at this time I need a petty one.  I am having a family party on Saturday of about 80 people and it's supposed to be sunny Friday and Sunday but thunderstorms on Sat!!!  I had this party 2 years ago.  You would think that one day every two years I could get nice weather.  Could you please pray that this forecast is incorrect.  I'm very nervous. My son is sick and having all those people in my house wouldn't be good.

Ha, just got a twitter from Marques; Hebrews11:1- Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Thanks for this silly prayer request.

Eileen

Samson

Re: Petty prayer request
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 11:49:09 AM »

Eileen,

I pray that the weather cooperates with your plans. Afterall, we can't rely on the False Prophets
of weather reporting;  ;D. Maybe we will have to ask Elijah to call down fire, like he did with the false
Prophets of Baal, only kidding, ;).

Enjoy the party, Samson.

Linny

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 01:44:07 PM »

I have no problem praying for weather! Do it all the time with great results. One of my daughter's earliest lessons in prayer was about weather.

We were at a 4th of July city wide party and the most horrific sky came upon us and a storm that had already cancelled everything in its path.
She refused to give into it. She prayed it would pass, I knew what I saw and tried to be on her side. But they cancelled the event and everyone started packing up. When I did the same, she said, "MOM! NO! I prayed! It won't rain!"
Well, we went to the car but instead of leaving, we waited. Most left. Sure enough, that storm passed right over and they shot off the fireworks!
I was thankful to God for the lesson He showed her that day.  ;D Oh, and me too! ;)

I am thanking God for the good weather you and I will receive on Saturday. I am having a big cook out too!  :D

EKnight

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 01:56:21 PM »

Thanks you guys.  I am trying to put my faith in God's will but I can't stop thinking "what am I going to do with all these people and kids if it rains".

Eileen

Nelson

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 03:16:36 PM »

Hi folks,

God will hear the prayers of His beloved and will do according to His will. Remember He is merciful and kind even to the unthankful and wicked, how much more so to those whom he loves (Gk: philia; affectionate love),

• "Then Joshua spoke to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel: "Sun, stand still over Gibeon; And Moon, in the Valley of Aijalon." So the sun stood still, And the moon stopped, Till the people had revenge Upon their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day." (Jos 10:12, 13)

Who can tell whether the Lord will not do this for you too, let His will be done.

Grace and peace to you and yours

Nelson

Marlene

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 04:06:05 PM »

I will pray for you too Eileen.  This is a good prayer request. I was watching news one day on tv many years ago. I was watching weather. My little 4  year old neice said, " Lets not wate our time on this I want to take a walk, besides God can turn it off and on anytime he wants. "

But, this makes me think about how we can dwell on our problems our trials. God can turn them off and on when he wants. Lets not waste our time worrying about them. This has been a good post it is  a friendly reminder God is in control and can do anything. We, waste our time worrying and showing lack of faith in him.

In His Love,
Marlene

mharrell08

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 04:25:44 PM »

That is a great reminder Marlene...Eileen, I'm sure the Lord will work out your situation for the best. There have been testimonies from people who have been blessed when their situation did NOT go as they had planned, so trust in the Lord, He'll work it out.  :)

Phil 4:11-12  Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

1 Tim 6:7-8  For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

Thanks,

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 04:43:43 PM »

I will pray for you too Eileen.  This is a good prayer request. I was watching news one day on tv many years ago. I was watching weather. My little 4  year old neice said, " Lets not wate our time on this I want to take a walk, besides God can turn it off and on anytime he wants. "

But, this makes me think about how we can dwell on our problems our trials. God can turn them off and on when he wants. Lets not waste our time worrying about them. This has been a good post it is  a friendly reminder God is in control and can do anything. We, waste our time worrying and showing lack of faith in him.

In His Love,
Marlene
That is a great reminder Marlene...Eileen, I'm sure the Lord will work out your situation for the best. There have been testimonies from people who have been blessed when their situation did NOT go as they had planned, so trust in the Lord, He'll work it out.  :)

Phil 4:11-12  Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

1 Tim 6:7-8  For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

Thanks,

Marques

Just my 2 cents Eileen,

The rain dance scheduled for friday has been postponed in your area, now it is entirely up to GOD. ;D

Prayers for GOD'S Good And Perfect Will, Be Done In Everything, have been sent from me, for you.

george. :)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 08:48:22 PM by aqr »

EKnight

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 06:08:36 PM »

I'm not saying God changed his mind, however, the forecast is looking better.  God is awesome.  I will sing His praises all the day long! 

My son has cancer and this is his second week of chemo.  I pray that he feels ok enough that all these people don't make him feel worse.  He insisted that I not cancel the party.  He is a beautiful son.  I thank God for him everyday.

Eileen

Roy Coates

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 06:11:37 PM »

Father if it be Your will send me the rain that enight is supposed to get. She has a outdoor party planed and I have dry grass with nothing planned. Father have Your will and You way in every life every day. We thank you for each and every one of them. Your humble servants making our requests known to You. In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen

Roy Coates

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 06:14:05 PM »

Wow you posted that praise report as I was typing my/our prayer. Praise God. Lets say another one for your son. May he have the mercy, grace, comfort and peace bestowed on him from the Father, In Jesus'name we pray.

EKnight

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 07:54:12 PM »

You guys are so good with prayers.  I just never seem to have the beautiful words but I know God knows my heart and mind even better than I do.

Eileen

Marlene

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 08:45:41 PM »

Eileen, I often cannot find the words. Those in my book are the best prayers. We let Jesus do them for us. All Glory Goes to God! Rather in words or without it is all of him. Cause only God knows the heart.

In His Love,
Marlene

G. Driggs

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 02:39:49 AM »

Praying for you, your son and the weather.

Php 4:6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Eph 6:18  At all times, pray by the power of the Spirit. Pray all kinds of prayers. Be watchful, so that you can pray. Always keep on praying for all of God's people.

Peace, Love G.Driggs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 16 queries.