bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Am I the only one who felt this way?  (Read 3414 times)

WalkingThePath

Am I the only one who felt this way?
« on: July 17, 2009, 05:57:47 AM »

When first reading up on Ray's teachings and learning that Free WillTM is false, I felt like there was no point in life.

Until yesterday, which made me realize that since I don't know what will happen for my life, I can still try the best to follow The Lord's teachings, even if it turns out I fail.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Am I the only one who felt this way?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 10:03:16 AM »

That's understandable.  I was paralyzed for days when I first started to believe that (without really understanding it) and awfully confused for weeks...even months.  Then it dawned on me first that 1.  I hadn't lost anything.  and 2.  I still had to live life...that was the POINT. 

If there was any councel I would give to somebody just coming into light it would be this:  Walk in what light you have.  Don't build altars to your current understanding.  Don't turn temporary decisions into permanant religions.  And don't bother God with your expectations or your religion.  It's in large measure spiritual pride that causes us to think we have to be right and do right just as we're starting out.

Let's pray we're always a little bewildered by the Truth as it continues to grow in us.  If eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor has it entered into the imagination of man what awaits, we'd be arrogant fools to think we're there now.  God's not finished with you yet. 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 10:31:13 AM »

Great and inspired counsel Dave, thank you! NB

Kat

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 12:36:37 PM »

Hi Walking The Path,

For God to be sovereign He must not only know the outcome of everything, but be in control of everything.  like Dave said, we still have to "live life" even if we don't have free will, we need the experiences of this life. 

All of the evil in this world will serve as a backdrop, as a shadow for everyone when they do come to the glorious knowledge of the truth.  Even the Elect most experience evil in this life, before they come to the truth.  But all of the bad things the rest of the world is going through will also serve as a dark reminder of this evil age as they come into the light and learn righteousness in the next age. 

Of course we want to live this life the best we can with the knowledge we are given.  To be in this race gives us hope that we might actually obtain the greatest blessing any human being could ever hope to gain, the first resurrection.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Coates

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 05:55:16 PM »

I was mad as a hornet for a long time. Anyone or anybody that had taught me the lies raced through my mind/memory it was a rough ride. But what an eyeopener and release. Peace. Roy

WalkingThePath

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 02:51:54 AM »

Thanks you guys. It's nice to know life still has meaning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.