bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fear  (Read 3070 times)

TheRysta

Fear
« on: July 19, 2009, 11:35:58 PM »

Hey all, I'm still in Canada but I'll be home again soon to chat as much as I want  ;D

I've been scared over these people like Mary Baxter who say they've been to hell and all that jazz. I have suddenly realized something the other day which has changed my way of thinking - fear is a tool of the devil. THE tool of the devil. I hadn't considered it as it isn't listed as a 'deadly sin' but now I see. I would rant on about how, "God has opened my eyes" because I'm so joyful about it, but really it was my uncle. Doubtless that it was predestinated by God though.

The reason I am so happy is that I always got worried that God probably WANTED me to fear Him and to fear hell, but now I know that this isn't the case and it only does harm to me.

All of a sudden I see it EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD. Especially in Christendom... pay your tithes or BURN!!!!!

I saw a book in the store called 'churched' about a boy who was tormented by his fears of hell and disgusted by the church but still managed to love Christ. But mind you, saying getting abused at church is like saying getting served at MCcDonald's these days.

I am not too expert in the scriptures, but I am wondering where all Jesus' references to fear being a trap are? If anything he even seems to use fear sometimes.

Thanks guys, and I am so relieved. Now whenever I am scared I can engage it instead of being iffy.

^- Ryan

aqrinc

Re: Fear
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 11:50:53 PM »

Hi TheRysta,

Did you see this thread?

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10234.0.html

george.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.