bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need prayer  (Read 4852 times)

blakparty

I need prayer
« on: July 20, 2009, 08:57:46 PM »

Hello all my brother and sister elects,
     I need prayer right now.  This experience of life can sometimes beat you up if you get what I am saying.  I know that we must suffer for a better purpose than we can understand at the moment.  Me and my girlfriend of four years (Aug. 6) just broke up.  She told me that her pastor told her it was the best thing for her to do since I don't go to church with her.  That we are unequally yoked.  I kind of agree with that but to love someone this long and plan to marry her, it is a hurt feeling.  I just need comforting right now and strength to go through this.  I will be honest, I am a little angry but I need to look at the big picture in this situation.  I tried to give her the "true gospel" but to no avail.  It is hard to love someone as much as I loved her and see that she is totally decieved.  This is so hard but it is in God's will.  This is just one more thing that I must go through.  Please pray for me for strengh and comfort.  Thank you, Rob.

NoviceBeliever

Re: I need prayer
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 09:14:35 PM »

Rob:

I am saying a prayer for you and wanted to share something with you that I found a short while on BT.  I have it posted where I can look at it everyday and remember that it is all of GOD's plan. NB

GOD's Plan for My Life

Everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone, to have a deep soul relationship with another, to be loved thoroughly and exclusively. But God says to a Christian, "No, not until you are satisfied and fulfilled and content with living, loved by me alone, with giving yourself totally and unreservedly to me alone. I love you, my child, and until you discover that only in me is your satisfaction to be found, you will not be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you. You will never be united with another until you are united with me, exclusive of anyone or anything else, exclusive of any other desires or longings.

"I want you to stop planning, stop wishing, and allow me to give you that most thrilling plan existing, one that you can't imagine. I want you to have the BEST! Please allow me to bring it to you. You just keep watching me, expecting that satisfaction, expecting the greatest things, and know that I Am. Keep learning and listening to the things I tell you. You must wait!

"Don't be anxious. Don't worry. Don't look around at the things others have received. Don't look at the things you think you want. You just keep looking off and away up to me, or you'll miss what I want to show you.

"And then, when you're ready, I'll surprise you with a love far more wonderful than you would ever imagine. You see, until you are ready and until the one I have for you is ready (I am working this very minute to have both of you ready at the same time), until you are both satsifeid exclusively with me and the life I have planned and prepared for you, you won't be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with me...and this is perfect love.

"Dear one, I want you to have this most wonderful love. I want you to see in the flesh a picture of your relationship with me and to enjoy materially and concretely the everlasting union of beauty and perfection and love that I offer you with myself. Know that I love you utterly, I am God Almighty. Believe and be satisfied."

--Author Unknown

G. Driggs

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 04:55:57 AM »

Praying for you Bro.

Peace, Love, Strength and Comfort That only He can bring.

Unequally yoked does not mean what that Pastor think it means.

From http://bible-truths.com/yoked.htm

UNEQUALLY YOKED

[Marriage and Unbelievers]

Many have read the passage in the Bible where Paul admonishes: "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers," and have then assumed from it, all kinds of restrictions on Christian marriages. What constitutes an unequally yoked together marriage, or for that matter, an equally yoked together marriage?

Many will be shocked to learn that this verse is not referring to "marriage" at all.

The phrase "unequally yoked together" is not a phrase that signifies a "marriage." Nonetheless, in principle it certainly applies to marriage.

First, let's read the entire Scripture:

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty" (II Cor. 6:14-18).

The phrase "unequally yoked together" is the translation of just one Greek word, heterozugeo, which is a compound word that means, "to yoke up differently; to associate discordantly; unequally yoke together." It is used but this one time in the Bible.

The word "yoke" means a coupling as when two oxen are coupled or yoked together by a pulling beam to do work such as plowing a field or pulling a wagon.

And so Paul is telling the Corinthians congregation which was steeped in paganism and their cities peppered with pagan temples, that they should not be "unequally" yoked with those that practiced paganism or any works of darkness. They were to avoid: "unbelievers, unrighteousness, darkness, Belial, infidels, and idols." There it is. That's the list Paul gave them, exactly as we read above. Nothing is mentioned about marriage, but it does apply to marriage.

So what did Paul mean by all these? Well, first of all it is not possible to live in a country, state, county, city, or village without constantly coming in contact with just such persons. Even Jesus Himself prayed and specified to His Father exactly how He desired for us to live under such circumstances in this life:

Joh 17:15 I pray not that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil.

In a sense Jesus was requesting that His disciples would "not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers."

So how do we apply these verses to marriage? Was Paul suggesting that members of the Corinthian Church congregation could not and should not marry other members of the congregation? NO. He was very specific: "Be ye not unequally yoked together with UNBELIEVERS." Were they all spiritually converted? NO. Could a spiritually-minded Corinthian marry a carnal-minded Corinthian? Good question. Are not all "believers" spiritual-minded and all "unbelievers" carnally-minded? Let's back up to Paul's first epistle to these same Corinthians:

1Co 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

1Co 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

1Co 3:3 For ye are yet carnal..."

Remember that the word "ye" does not mean the singular "you," but "ALL of you." Not that there wasn't maybe a single mature, spiritual-minded one among them, but as a group, they were carnal. So if they wanted to marry within their faith, most of them would have had to marry someone carnally-minded.

Now we need to understand what's important in this teaching. Paul did not say they could not marry someone if they were "carnal." He did not even say that they could not marry someone if they were an "unbeliever." He warned against being "UNEQUALLY yoked with unbelievers." It is the "UNEQUALLY" yoked aspect that is most important.

Next let's notice that "BE ye not..." is not the best translation, for if that were the case, then Paul would be saying in effect that anyone who was already unequally yoked in marriage with an unbeliever, SHOULD DIVORCE THEM. But we know that Paul never suggested such a thing, but just the opposite:

1Co 7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

1Co 7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

So much for the King James, "BE ye not unequally yoked..." The proper translation is "Become ye not unequally yoked..." or "Don't you be getting unequally yoked..."

What did Paul mean by "unbelievers?" We just read that the "ye" of the Corinthians were "yet CARNAL." But, were they "unbelievers?"

1Co 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1Co 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

From what we have read, we can clearly see that the Corinthian Church was a congregation of "carnal BELIEVERS." Of course, you can be a believer and yet be carnal. Listen, the entire two billion member Christian congregation around the world ARE BELIEVERS. That is they believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah and Christ, and that there is salvation in Him. That is what makes them believers. From there they fall into all kinds of categories and doctrinal differences, but nonetheless, they are believers regardless of how many of them are "yet carnal."

I believe that the key phrase in all this is to not become "unequally" yoked. Now Paul said with unbelievers, which makes it obviously the wrong thing to do. First you would be "yoked unequally" and to make it worse, to an "unbeliever." Now Paul tells us that this admonition came from him personally under God's inspiration certainly, nonetheless he adds: But to the rest speak I, not the Lord" (I Cor. 7:12).

And so I will take a little liberty myself and suggest that when it comes to marriage (remember Paul is not specifically speaking of marriage here), and say that we should neither become unequally yoked together with BELIEVERS. In other words, we should not become unequally yoked with another, but especially Unbelievers.

The word translated "unbelievers" is apistos and it means "without [Christian] faith, a heathen, incredible, faithless, infidel, unbeliever." It is the same word translated "infidel" in verse 15, although infidel usually signifies something a little stronger than just lacking faith.

We do not need to totally avoid unbelievers, but we are not to become unequally "yoked" to them either. Paul permitted a certain amount of socializing with unbelievers:

1Co 10:27 If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.

Probably most of us have some relative in our family that is not a believer, but with whom we could have certain social intercourse with.

For sure Paul is not forbidding interaction with "The many called and the few chosen." However, even there, we should not become unequally YOKED with them, or how can we say we came out of her as God's people (Rev. 18:4).

I have personally seen marriages between a believer and a non-believer that were more loving and equally yoked than some marriages between two believers. So we need to pay close attention to ALL the words of these profound Scriptures.

We can advise and try to help people see different aspects of a situation. We can relay our own personal knowledge of such things. But we should not get involved in being overly righteous in these matters lest we be guilty of "forbidding to marry" (I Tim. 4:3), which is a doctrine of demons (Verse 1).

The key is becoming "unequally yoked." And that can mean marriage, but it can also mean which church one attends; of which clubs one is a member; which establishments one goes to for entertainment; which TV shows become a regular habit; with whom one becomes business partners; Etc.

Never become unequally yoked with anyone, and always avoid: "unrighteousness, darkness, Belial [an epithet of Satan], infidels, and idols."

We've all seen matches made in heaven that didn't work out, and conversely, we've seen marriages doomed to failure from day one, that are still going strong (or maybe not so strong, but still going, nonetheless) after 30 and 40 years. Only God knows for sure how marriages will turn out. Birds of a feather flock together, but then again opposites attract. Marriage is an area best left up to the bride and the groom.

G.Driggs
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 04:58:23 AM by G. Driggs »

Nelson

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 06:28:57 AM »

Hi Rob,

This must be very difficult for you and be assured of prayers for you here.

• "Be surety for Your servant for good; Do not let the proud oppress me. My eyes fail from seeking Your salvation And Your righteous word. Deal with Your servant according to Your mercy, And teach me Your statutes. I am Your servant; Give me understanding, That I may know Your testimonies. " (Ps 119:122-125)

• "Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!" (Ps 27:14)

• "But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." (Isa 40:31)

• "I will betroth you to Me forever; Yes, I will betroth you to Me In righteousness and justice, In lovingkindness and mercy; I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness, And you shall know the LORD." (Hos 2:19, 20)

I know that the wilderness you're in at present is harsh and bear but, as you've acknowledged, it is part of your growth into Him who fills all things. Be of good courage and say, "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" (Heb 13:6)

I just love this scripture, it says so much of what God is doing in our lives,

• "Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. The beast of the field will honor Me, the jackals and the ostriches, because I give waters in the wilderness and rivers in the desert, to give drink to My people, My chosen. This people I have formed for Myself; They shall declare My praise." (Isa 43:18-21)

Remember, when you walk through the valley of deep shadow, the Lord is WITH YOU, He does not leave you there alone. Where does the Lord prepare for you a table? In the midst of YOUR ENEMIES, and yet your head is anointed with oil and your cup overflows (Ps 23).

May the Lord extend grace upon grace to you and walk you through this parched place and into His oasis of living waters and peacable fruit.

Grace and peace to you

Nelson

blakparty

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 08:00:10 AM »

Thank you so much G.D and Nelson.  I been listing to L. Ray Smith all night and between what yall wrote and listing to L. Ray, I will be alright.  I was listening to "How Hard is it To Be Saved".  I don't think that this is strange and I trust in my Heavenly Father to guide and direct my path.  It is great to have people like you who only quote the scripture instead of just your own personal opinion.  I listen to my girlfriend when she tell me what the pastor preached about and very little was from the scripture and lot of "BUTS" (what I mean is that the BIBLE say this but).  Thank you once again and God bless you and I pray that one day I can be there for you when you go through your trials of this experience that our Lord has given us (LIFE). 8)

Roy Coates

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 09:22:02 AM »

Your in my prayers too brother. Lots of good advice and Scripture. Be still and know He is God and He is in charge. Peace and comfort to you in the name of Jesus.

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 12:07:04 PM »

Rob,
Sometimes it is hard to see God intentions from our human viewpoint..It is not easy to know that God is there and He loves you with such an awesome, overwhelming love..We all struggle with the way our lives are, I know I do! The only thing we have for sure in this life is our Loving Father and He is the one who has our lives in His hands. The pain we feel is felt by Him as well, I have to remind myself of this almost daily...He knows and He alone can hold you in His arms of love..He can hold you when you fail to find comfort any other way!
Praying for you.....
Kathy :'(

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 05:18:54 PM »

Rob, I will keep you in my prayers. Many, years ago I fail in love. It is a long story that I will  not go into. But, after finding Bible Truths all my past began to make sense. I loved and he could not love me. Now, I found out that its Love that is not returned that can be a blessing. I never, regret the love I had for him. I see now God put him in my life for a purpose. He did tell me someday he hoped to love like me. But, the fact is he could not. I latter found out that he learned how to love. No, not me. But, God. He has since passed away. I found a great Love and he too found a greater love then mine.

Now, for you. This is real hard cause it is over God. If, she is to be with you she will come back. If, not Love Never Fails. Does not always help the pain. But, I believe out of every bad situation comes something good. To me, to know the truth is more then something good. It is marvelous. I am sure God has a plan for you in all of this. Don't think for a minute I cannot relate with you.

But, God tells us what good is it if we love only, those who love us. Maybe, her love was not enough for you. But, you have Gods love and it is all we need. Then, again who knows what good can come from this. God could lead you to a like believer, or he could reach her. But, no matter what the outcome it is for a good prupose. I believe with all my heart, that God is teaching us how to love like him. He loved us when we did not love him. He never stops loving us.

In His Love,
Marlene

Daddysgirl

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 05:41:49 PM »

Great post Marlene, thank you. Blakparty, hang in there, it gets easier and clearer- trust me. Will say a lil prayer for you..                                                With love,                       Matty           

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 11:29:27 PM »

Hi Rob,

I can only echo all the great counsel you have gotten, and i noticed in your later comments, that you do get it.

Thanks To GOD The Father, And our Lord Jesus Christ, Who Only Have The Perfect Outcome Already Decided.

Php 1: 1-12 (GNB)
1  From Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus--- To all God's people in Philippi who are in union with Christ Jesus, including the church leaders and helpers:
2  May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.

3  I thank my God for you every time I think of you;
4  and every time I pray for you all, I pray with joy
5  because of the way in which you have helped me in the work of the gospel from the very first day until now.

6  And so I am sure that God, who began this good work in you, will carry it on until it is finished on the Day of Christ Jesus.

7  You are always in my heart! And so it is only right for me to feel as I do about you. For you have all shared with me in this privilege that God has given me, both now that I am in prison and also while I was free to defend the gospel and establish it firmly.

8  God is my witness that I tell the truth when I say that my deep feeling for you all comes from the heart of Christ Jesus himself.

9  I pray that your love will keep on growing more and more, together with true knowledge and perfect judgment,
10  so that you will be able to choose what is best. Then you will be free from all impurity and blame on the Day of Christ.

11  Your lives will be filled with the truly good qualities which only Jesus Christ can produce, for the glory and praise of God.
12  I want you to know, my friends, that the things that have happened to me have really helped the progress of the gospel.

george. ;D

blakparty

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 07:25:26 AM »

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL OF YOU!
    I tell you, I never in my wildest imagination thought I would get this much comforting from all of you.  Even my family (and I am not joking) did not give me this much support.  I still love my Tina and all I heard from them is hate, hate, evil, and hate.  And yes they do go to church.  (I hope you are not surprise by that)  I don't know the future that God has for me but I will rest and let Him do His thing.  This journey can be hard sometimes but He send me just what I need.  Once again, THANK YOU TO ALL!!!!!! :)

9440geoff

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 08:47:16 AM »

Rob, I cannot offer any more words of comfort than have been already for the pain you are going through. Our brothers and sisters on this forum express so eloquently God's love, peace and comfort. I would just like to add some verses that came to me when reading your prayer request:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are yours ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not hither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper whereto I sent it. For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off." (Isa 55:8-13)

Geoff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 16 queries.