bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Food Banks  (Read 6442 times)

bluzman

Food Banks
« on: July 23, 2009, 12:38:32 PM »

Since food banks seem to be operated by church groups, should one ask them for charity?
Does any have scripture on this?
Thanks, Ches

mharrell08

Re: Food Banks
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 01:07:24 PM »

Since food banks seem to be operated by church groups, should one ask them for charity?
Does any have scripture on this?
Thanks, Ches

Rom 14:1-4  Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

1 Cor 10:26-31  For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof. If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, EAT, asking no question for conscience sake. But if any man say unto you, this is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof: Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience? For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks? Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

If you are in need, and they are giving, take it and give all glory to God...The Lord is leading us away from the church's spiritual leaven [Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees...(Matt 16:6)], that is what is of the utmost importance, as the physical is only temporary and the spiritual is eternal [1 Cor 15:46].

Hope this helps,

Marques
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 01:26:56 PM by mharrell08 »

bluzman

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 02:12:34 PM »

Thank you Marques for the Scripture. I have always found Paul's wording difficult. It is only through the perspective
 of someone like Ray or yourself that I can see what he is saying more fully.
I am from a large family, six brothers and three sisters. They are all church goers and are financially in the black
so to speak. I am sure they think that I am a weirdo and perhaps lost and forsaken of God.
The past seventeen months or so have been very heavy on my shoulders. I am not complaining as I understand that
all is of God. I feel for the Brothers and Sisters who are in pain or are ill, heart broken, especially the little children.
 Should I not get some work soon, I'm afraid that I will have to go to one of the food banks. I have worked hard
 ever since I was a young man, so believe me, going there won't be easy. Giving is a better part of my nature.
The Food and Drink that I am receiving from God amazes me, and I ask, why me?
  By the Grace of God I was dragged out of Babylon so that I might live. Going back there for physical food somehow
hits the wrong note for me.
  Being here I understand that I am very spiritually wealthy, and not confined to this little island I'm on.
In His Name, Bluzman

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 04:59:56 PM »

awesome testimony bluzman. i pray that our Father's mercy will engulf you and that He will bring you through this desert to His Oasis. i pray that He is right now causing circumstances to come about that will lead you to employment. He is using this time to mold you and encourage your faith in Him alone.

claudia

smeacham

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 07:35:19 PM »

I have worked hard ever since I was a young man, so believe me, going there won't be easy.

Bluzman, I'm as guilty as you of exactly the same kind of reasoning.  So, excuse me as I reach around this plank in my eye, here, to help you with that little splinter in yours...

You need to drop at least this part of your reason.  It is of the flesh, aka Pride.  Swallow your pride, but only to spit it out.  God knows what you need, physically and spiritually.  I see only dimly, as through a dark glass, but could it be He's using this circumstance to accomplish exactly that? It's certainly possible.  If so, I've found it's better to give in to God quickly, take my licks, and move on.

Steve

bluzman

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 09:01:33 PM »

Claudia,
     Your prayer is much appreciated. Thank you very much.
It is a very great feeling to have someone pray for me. Words are not enough.
Steve,
     I just couldn't see that pride within myself. Perhaps those big Redwoods were blocking
my view of myself in this case. Thank you for that splash of cool water. I am beginning
to see a little clearer now!
    Peace to Kindness to you both.
Bluzman

judith collier

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 07:43:36 AM »

Go in peace Bluzzman. Judy

Linny

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 12:10:48 PM »

bluzman,
We know of what you speak. God's been dragging our pride out as well. But the end result will be a more giving heart and eyes more open to the needs of others.
My husband is way ahead of me in this department but I am trying to learn from him.
We also had times of no money for food and were put into forclosure as well. But God rescued us and we are still in our home. Managed to get out of forclosure and from what we hear, this is not common. We had to learn how to take from others who offered as it was sadly rare. Our own family never offered to help us.

But now, whenever we replace something or find we no longer need something, my husband gives it to the ministry of one of our old churches that gives it away to the needy. He now refuses to have a garage sale because he feels we must give it to someone who cannot afford it. If I say I want to give something I don't need to a friend he'll often say, "They can afford to buy their own, I'll take it to the church."
We more easily "see" our friends in need and although we don't have extra cash, we do have time, we can fix a meal, we can loan a tool. We do what we can and feel so blessed to have been through all these times of need and come out a little better for it. LONG way to go though!  ;)
Coming out of the "name it, claim it" church, we always felt like we were doing something terribly wrong for always being attacked or in need. But now we see that we are blessed to be going through these trials as God has His hand on us and is growing our faith tremendously and opening our eyes.

Be blessed! God has a plan!
Lin

smeacham

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 12:34:24 PM »

But now, whenever we replace something or find we no longer need something, my husband gives it to the ministry of one of our old churches that gives it away to the needy. He now refuses to have a garage sale because he feels we must give it to someone who cannot afford it. If I say I want to give something I don't need to a friend he'll often say, "They can afford to buy their own, I'll take it to the church."

We do something similar, but easier.  We put it on the curb, and it "disappears" within a day or two if it has any value or usefulness at all.

Steve

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 12:53:22 PM »

Hey Bluzman,
Yes it is our pride that sometimes makes it hard to ask for help..I know what it feels like, too. Many years ago when we were stationed in Hawaii my family was in a place where we needed help..my husband was in the Army and his pay wasn't enough to help us get far..My husband is a man who is blinded by his pride most of the time. When we were in need he actually put his pride aside and applied for food stamps..here's the kicker, sometimes God says, "NO! This is not my plan for you!" This is true, dude..we were like just a dollar or two over the income limit and even though my husband was a Viet Nam vet..no help..well not from the government! We did, however have a very sweet friend at our church who offered help and helped us every month until we left Hawaii! She loaned us twenty-five dollars every month and every month we paid her back, even though she told us we didn't have to..my husband's pride wouldn't let him not pay it back! That little Hawaiian lady was God's way of showing us that He provides when we have exhausted all of our own efforts...So man, don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it! God blesses us to bless others, I know He does!
Prayers, Brother!
Kathy :-*

bluzman

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 03:14:14 PM »

My dear brothers and sisters,
    How precious you all are. The trials of the spirit and of the flesh that you all are going through
and still take the time to think about me is truly amazing.
    I see the Day Star rising within me, warming and strengthening me, putting Life back into my frame.
I do know that pride can be very deceptive, and it reared it's ugly head within me and I did not see
what it was until Steve showed me.
    You know most of what I have is either second hand or curb-side stuff, except a guitar I bought
only weeks before Bible Truths appeared on the scene, and I haven't hardly touched it since.
I had intended to really get into music, theory, work my way up to a higher level, but that all
changed once I began to study Ray's writings. Everything else had to fall in behind what God has 
in store for me at this time.
   I can only Hope that it is in His Will for me to keep my internet connection, as separation from you
would be very heavy indeed. If I do lose my line, then I'll just have to live with that for as long as
He deems necessary.
   What I have written to you I have never discussed with any one, as there is nobody who understands
where I am coming from. After all these years I have learned to remain silent, as in the past all  that
I have achieved is more contention and strife.
   My son was almost killed not too long ago. He was struck by a car while crossing on a crosswalk.
The car that hit him went through a red light. He sustained sever damage to one of his legs and to his head.
Scott was born premature and suffer damage to his eyes from the oxygen he was given in order to save his life.
He has problems focusing while reading and cannot at a distance. With all of his setbacks and difficulties,
he graduated from high school and has worked steady ever since. Now everything has changed for him. He has not lost
his sense of humor though.
   In the intensive care unit I held his hand and told him that I loved him. I love you dad he said and squeezed my hand.
A very good surgeon saved his leg after many hours of surgery. A man sent from God.
He has had one operation to relieve the pressure on his right eye and that was successful, combined with medication.
His left eye is going to be operated on, if not he will eventually go blind. Glaucoma I believe is part of the problem.
Vision at present is about twenty-five percent. He goes to therapy five times a week for his leg. He walks with a slight limp but 
his walking is improving, no more walking aids or canes.
   I have come to understand that surviving being hit by a vehicle at that speed is rare.
My youngest son Brad called to let me know what had happened. They have an apartment in another city.
I stood in the room beside Scott, touching him, seeing his blood all over him, his clothes cut away, the cuts and scrapes.
There was no fear within me, a little apprehension perhaps as to what the surgeon would have to say.
I seemed that I could feel HIS presence within that emergency room. My son was still alive.
   You know I can't really tell you the thoughts that were going through my mind, But I thought of The Father and His Son.
He was with His Son through all of the suffering and torture, second by second. I understand that our Savior had to die,
but I cannot think about that too much. My mind starts to shut down. HOW GREAT IS THEIR LOVE FOR US?
   I never meant to say all of this, but I guess it was time.
             Love and Peace to you, and may His Grace increase our faith in Him.   Amen
                 Ches   

G. Driggs

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 04:38:09 PM »

My dear brothers and sisters,
    How precious you all are. The trials of the spirit and of the flesh that you all are going through
and still take the time to think about me is truly amazing.

I think this is what (in part) keeps everyone going, by helping each other, no matter what is happening around them. Truly amazing indeed.

Praying for you precious Brother. ;)

Peace, Love, G.Driggs

Ninny

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 05:34:31 PM »

Listen Ches..if you lose your internet connection you still won't lose your connection to God! You have a free line open to Him24/7 I will tell you that I will be praying for you..I will keep you in prayer and close in my heart until such a time as you come in here and tell us how our most Beautiful and Living God has saved you from it all...He WILL do it! You will be ok and your family will be ok as long as God is the one who sustains you!! Stay strong and never give up hope because our Father is the giver of hope, the healer of lives, and mender of broken hearts...don't forget that!
Kathy ;) :-*

smeacham

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 05:37:13 PM »

Don't forget that you can access the Internet for free or very low costs in many public places like libraries and hotels.

bluzman

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 11:42:31 PM »

From the depths of my soul - thank you!!!
Bluzman

judith collier

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 05:01:36 AM »

Ches, I am praying you will be able to keep your connection to the internet. Our suffering has produced compassion, hang in there Ches, sometimes God will take you down to the wire but he is NEVER too late. He knows your voice, your thoughts, your dreams, everything, more than you will ever know about yourself. Please trust Him, this pleases Him. Judy

bluzman

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 09:58:37 AM »

Judy, thank you for your kind words. They mean a lot to me. I read your post yesterday and then
got off on one link that someone posted to Bible-Truths. I was taken to the postscript of the Nashville Conference
and was reading for quite a while. It seems that through the perspective of others trials that I
understand the most. On my own it seems that I am just reading a lot. He decides what I am to understand and when.
Took me a long time to understand that. I pray that God will always bring to remembrance the Truths
that we have all come to know here with each other.
Peace and Love,
    Bluzman

Roy Martin

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 10:10:35 AM »

Hello Ches. God provides for our needs. The food banks do nothing but distribute his provisions.
 Have you heard the story about the guy that was mountain climbing after dark. He slipped and fell but his safety line kept him from falling to his death. It was deadly cold.He couldn't see anything. He asked God to save him. God asked him," do you trust me? The man said yes. God said cut the rope, but the man was afraid to do it. He was found the next morning frozen to death, dangling just a couple feet from the ground.
 Food banks are from God. I know you get the point.
  Ches, how much is your internet? I haven't been working much, but I am willing to help you with your internet cost. PM me if you are about to lose it and I will do my best to pay it as long as I can.
 I am praying for you.

Peace
Roy

bluzman

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 10:44:50 AM »

Hello Roy,
       Thanks for your message and your very kind offer. I am going to call a food bank this morning as see what to do.
There was a time when I was a lot younger, neighbors and friends would come and help those in need.
You are proof Roy that God does not change.
 I am going to follow up on a job that I looked a couple of weeks ago. I haven't heard anything from him
since. Time will tell.
I will stay in touch with you though and let you know what's happening.
Grace and Peace to you my Brother,
Ches
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.