bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum Profile Help  (Read 9781 times)

rbn

Forum Profile Help
« on: July 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM »

Greetings,

Can anyone help me with a picture uploaded in my profile settings? Can I upload a jpeg?

Thanks,
rbn

G. Driggs

Re: Forum Profile Help
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 07:53:57 AM »

Hi rbn, I thought I should see if I could put a profile pic using photobucket, and it worked.

You can get a free account with photobucket, upload whatever pic you want to photobucket, then go to your profile in bible truths, and under the "modify profile" menu go to "forum profile information", choose "I have my own pic" and copy and paste the link to your pic from photobucket. I copied the "direct link" code from photobucket and pasted it in the empty space next to "I have my own pic:". You will see it starts with http://. You will not need to copy the http:// part from photobucket, just copy everything else in the "direct link" code next to where it says "I have my own pic:" that starts with http://.

I hope that makes sense, if not maybe someone can explain it better, or maybe there is an easier way. I just tried this way and it worked!

Hope this helps, Peace
G.Driggs 

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 07:55:39 AM »

Hi rbn, I thought I should see if I could put a profile pic using photobucket, and it worked.

Hey Driggs,

Who is that in your avatar pic? Just curious

Marques

G. Driggs

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 08:07:32 AM »

I think it is suppose to be Jesus carrying a lost black sheep He just found. You know like the parable?

Mat 18:11  For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
Mat 18:12  How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
Mat 18:13  And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
Mat 18:14  Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. 

Luk 15:4  What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
Luk 15:5  And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
Luk 15:6  And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
Luk 15:7  I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

G.Driggs
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:48:15 AM by G. Driggs »

G. Driggs

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 08:15:29 AM »

I can totally relate to that lost black sheep.

G.Driggs

meee

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 10:40:56 AM »

That's neat George, I haven't seen this pic before with the black sheep. Sure makes us think,huh!?
           hugs,meee

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 11:34:55 AM »

Hey guys! Think of it this way Marques..Even if that's just a picture of any old shepherd..the idea is the same..any shepherd worth his salt loves the black sheep just as much as the white ones!! Good sheep, bad sheep...lukewarm sheep, hot sheep, and ice cold sheep...they are his responsibility and he cares for them all the same!!  :D
Kathy :-*

G. Driggs

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 12:53:31 PM »

Hey guys! Think of it this way Marques..Even if that's just a picture of any old shepherd..the idea is the same..any shepherd worth his salt loves the black sheep just as much as the white ones!! Good sheep, bad sheep...lukewarm sheep, hot sheep, and ice cold sheep...they are his responsibility and he cares for them all the same!!  :D
Kathy :-*

Good point Kathy. I guess it does not have to be Jesus, or a black sheep, as long as we get the idea that is being illustrated right?

Peace, G.Driggs

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 12:59:20 PM »

You got it, dude!! "We are His people and the sheep of His pasture..." Ps.95:7, Ps. 100:3
 :D :D
Kathy ;)

smeacham

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 01:52:53 PM »

I used Google's Picassa for my avatar.  This isn't exactly straight-forward, but if someone uses Picassa and doesn't want to a different host for their avatar, I can advise them how.

rbn

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 02:18:08 AM »

Thanks everyone for your input and solutions. I will try to upload a picture.

Many blessings to you all,

bro rbn
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 12:40:00 AM by rbn »

rbn

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 02:04:01 AM »

Hello G. Driggs,

I signed-on to photobucket and uploaded a photo I would like to use on the forum. I followed your instructions and I still can't get my profile to link up the photo from photobucket. I don't know a way around this problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
rbn

Roy Martin

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 10:04:26 AM »

I cant figure out the avatar thing. I got pictures in Who Am I, but no avatar.

Roy
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:20:49 AM by Roy Martin »

Kat

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 11:26:50 AM »

Hi guys, have you tried to use 'browse' on your 'I will upload my own pic:'?  That's what works for me.  That will take you to your computer documents where you can pick out a pic you have already uploaded to your computer.

Otherwise you will need to get a URL from http://photobucket.com/ or http://imageshack.us/  then copy and paste in 'I have my own pic:'

I really enjoy seeing people's avatar, so I hope this helps you figure it out  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

rbn

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 06:49:32 PM »

Hi Kat,

There is no Browse option in the profile to link up a photo. If I had one the problem would be solved. That is the easiest way to upload.

I don't understand that Avatar lingo?

rbn

Roy Martin

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 07:10:15 PM »

Be sure that the space next to, I have my own picture is empty before you paste. That was my problem.

In photo bucket did you put your picture in an album? If so, then click view album and then click on the picture; under the picture you will see direct link. Left click on the words; Direct link; and the link to the left will highlite to blue. Right click on that, and then left click on copy.
Now go to your forum profile and in the empty space next to Have my own picture; put your cursor there and right click, and then left click paste.

Roy

Kat

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 08:51:52 PM »

Hi rbn,

The 'browse' is to the far right on the screen, you may need to use the bar at the bottom of the page to slid the page over to see it. 

mercy, peace and love
Kat

deftarchangel

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 09:15:14 PM »

Hi Kat,

I actually don't see the "browse" option either.  I understand what you mean by the bar that will appear at the bottom of the screen (if information is not displayed properly on one's screen, the display will allow any cut off segments or spillover to be seen by sliding a bar at the bottom to see any info that was cut off or didn't fit).  However, my display shows no such spillover (and thus no bar), and there are no more options on the right side of the screen either.  Perhaps I'm not looking under the right tab?  I'm looking under "Forum Profile Information," and the only options available for avatars are the "I have my own pic" and "personal text" options, and you have to type in a website address to link to a pic.

Could it be that I'm looking under the wrong tab?  Anyways, any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Kat

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 11:18:26 AM »

I'm checking into the avatar problem, everybody should have 'browse' on the Forum Profile Information page.  There must be some kind of problem.  Will let you know.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Martin

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 11:42:06 AM »

I have never had browse

Roy.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.