bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Truth Has Set Me Free!  (Read 7284 times)

rbn

The Truth Has Set Me Free!
« on: July 24, 2009, 01:59:29 AM »

Greetings All,

I was led by God to Ray's website bibletruths.com in the summer of 2007. What a blessing it is for me to be called out of Christendom.

It all started out just nice and dandy, Going to church and listening to all the preaching was a feel-good-time until I decided to read the bible. Then the light was shown on a dozen contradictions from the pulpit. I never considered my self a "holy roller" but I am glad I had the courage to say, "Hey. Wait a minute. They preach but the Bible says this? What is going on here?"

After much confusion and spiritual let down I left the church but would pop in periodically looking for a place that just preached truth. Every time I went to a different church it was more of the same doctrines and half truth preaching. I got very disappointed and felt hopeless that I could not be fed "truth" food. So I just stopped going to church and began to search for truth in the scriptures.

I once ask God, "Lord, give me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I want truth or no truth at all." After that prayer many years ago I went about my business living life but deep down I felt empty and grieved inside me for help. I kept searching and read the scriptures. God revealed a few heresies and false teachings coming out of the church.

These truths I knew:
The Sabbath Day: (Saturday is the seventh day of the week. Not Sunday)
Speaking in Tongues: (Not the gibberish I cannot understand)
Healing: (Not the falling backwards with convulsions)

These suspicions I had:
Tithing: (Force tithing a practice of Christendom welfare)
Salvation: (How many times I said to God, "Please let them have my salvation so they will not go to hell.")
Hell: (Is God really that mean?)
Going to Church: (The countless times I was told that not going to church will bring havoc in my life.) I would reply, "Not going to church doesn't mean you have to stop living."

I  had struggles with guilt, more guilt and tormenting guilt. I felt I was not worthy to believe in God because I was out of place in a world where I could not fit with the mainstream. I remembered the scripture saying the Holy Spirit will show you all truth but believed it was for us in heaven not here on this earth.

Then it happened! The summer of 2007. God lead me to Ray. After reading, "In The Day of the Great Slaughter, When The Towers Fell," I felt the heavy burden that I had for so long be lifted and peace and joy began to take over. I tested Ray with what I already knew to see if he was legit and he was! Ray gave me more clarity to  understand what I knew as scriptural truth. And the floodgates of truth began to sooth my soul. "You mean salvation for all? Cool! I do not have to beg people to recite a prayer to be saved? What a relief from wrong scriptural teachings.

The most important thing I learned after my journey searching for truth is that Jesus does set you free! He surely does! He is the Truth, the Way, the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings!

I pray that God will open the hearts and minds of those who are blinded by scriptural error and will be set free in truth.

Amen,
rbn

« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 12:27:55 AM by rbn »

Ellie

Re: The Truth Has Set Me Free!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 04:41:34 AM »

Lovely to read your testimony RBN.I too prayed for a long time for the truth and then was led to Ray's site also.There where many things that I did not believe in,coming here and so many things that unsettled my spirit.
    The continued learning is a growing wonder and I wouldn't be anywhere else.
    Glad your here.
                         Peace to you....Ellie......

chav

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 05:06:49 AM »

Hi RBN

Great testimony welcome to the forum.

Dave

G. Driggs

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 07:07:27 AM »

Thanks for sharing your testimony rbn, and welcome to the forum. :)

G.Driggs

Kat

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 12:55:16 PM »

Hi rbn,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
Yea I was in the church for many years struggling with what they taught.  It was truly a great joy to be set free from the heresies.  Hope you enjoy the fellowship hers with like minded people.

Here are a few links so you can check out some of the stuff we have here.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 06:47:43 PM »

Welcome, rbn.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

9440geoff

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 07:52:16 PM »

Praise God that His Spirit led you to Ray's bible-truths, rbn.

daywalker

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 08:09:06 PM »

Welcome rbn,

Always great to read another testimony of someone who has been brought out of Babylon. Every day I am more grateful that God has opened my eyes, and revealed to me what so FEW people, in the history of people, know. It's a struggle at times, yes, but we keep reminding ourselves that God is in Control, and one day, the pain and suffering that we deal with here will be over... and not just for us, but for everyone!

:D ;D ;) :) 8)

May the God of Peace be with you,

Christopher.

Marky Mark

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 08:41:06 PM »

Welcome rbn and Peace be with you. :)

Mark

cherokee

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 09:38:13 PM »

Hey RBN,

Welcome to the forum.

Blessings,
Suzie

OBrenda

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 09:50:13 PM »

Welcome Welcome Welcome  ;D

Phil3:10

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 12:01:03 AM »

RBN,
Welcome, and real truth will set you free. Coming out of the Institutional, organized denominational church system has brought me the liberty in CHRIST that is the peace that passes all understanding. Read the word, continue in this forum, and read Ray Smith's Bible-Truths.com site as often as possible.  HIS truth will flow like rivers of water and HIS peace is real,
In HIM,
Phil3:10

Linny

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 01:08:44 PM »

Welcome rbn! Thanks for sharing your testimony. It sounds much like my husband's. He always questioned church doctrine. I was always a sheep however.  :-\ :(   I did do a lot of independent study and did find some inconsistancies but nothing like he was doing with only the Holy Spirit.
But thank God He dragged us both out at the same time anyway!  ;)
Looking forward to getting to know you!

Lin

rbn

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 12:17:49 AM »

Thank you all. I hope to grow understanding scriptural truth and fellowship with a like minded family.

Peace,
rbn

Linny

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 01:38:36 AM »

You know, I just read my post and I'd written that my husband did better than I with "only the Holy Spirit." Good grief! ::)  :-[
What I MEANT to say was that I was studying but God was speaking directly to him!

Lin

aqrinc

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 02:15:09 AM »

Hi rbn,

Welcome, pull up a seat and relax it gets exciting and humbling at the same time.

Lin, good catch, i almost fell out of my chair on the first read. :-*

george. ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.