bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics of the Day  (Read 3573 times)

daywalker

Lyrics of the Day
« on: July 29, 2009, 04:49:11 PM »

Just another installment in the Daywalker's Quest For Finding 'Leaked' Spiritual Truths In Popular Christian Music :D

Hello brethren,

These are from the band "Red" again [I previously posted their lyrics to "Pieces"]. They are a Christian Metal band [Christian "Metal"... that just sounds funny, Lol...]. I actually saw these guys in concert last Saturday [July 25th] at the annual Fish Fest 2009 in Irvine, Ca. I'm really starting to like these guys.  :D

Anyways, here are the lyrics, and I bolded the parts which I wish to draw attention to. There is much actually in this song; I can really relate to it. Feel free to post your thoughts.

Band: RED
Song: SHADOWS

Sunset, I close my eyes
I pretend everything's alright
Drowning in anger from all these lies
I can't pretend everything's alright
Please don't let me fall forever
Can you tell me it's over?

There's a hate inside of me like some kind of master
I tried to save you, but I can't find the answer
I'm holding onto you, I'll never let go
I need you with me as I enter the shadows

Caught in the darkness, I go blind
But can you help me find my way out?
Nobody hears me, I suffer the silence
Can you tell me it's over now?

I'm holding onto you [x2]

"hate inside of me..."

Romans 8:6-7:
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity [HATRED] against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

"...like some kind of master"

Master... like a "lord", or perhaps a "god" ... a hateful god "inside of me". Like a "beast", an "antichrist"?

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

We here all know that Satan and his army are constantly at war with us, on the inside... Spiritual Warfare.

Ezekiel 28:2 Son of man, say to the leader of Tyre, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Because your heart is lifted up And you have said, 'I am a god, I sit in the seat of gods In the heart of the seas'; Yet you are a man and not God, Although you make your heart like the heart of God--

I'd be lying if I claimed that I've never been guilty of this crime, as was the King of Tyre [who was "a man" not Lucifer <---just for giggles :D].

Zephaniah 2:15 This is the exultant city [Babylon] Which dwells securely, Who says in her heart, "I am, and there is no one besides me." How she has become a desolation, A resting place for beasts! Everyone who passes by her will hiss And wave his hand in contempt.

But of course, it isn't until you "come out of her" that you can see all these wild beasts.

Well, have a good one!

- Daywalker  8)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.