bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A little worried... the Holy Spirit?  (Read 10410 times)

TheRysta

A little worried... the Holy Spirit?
« on: July 24, 2009, 06:06:09 PM »

Hey guys.

First off I have some really good news. There was one woman called Mary Baxter who claimed she had seen hell and all this stuff, and because I am so naturally timid to this I took it all in last Winter. After about six months of worrying I have finally read some of her material and it is LAUGHABLE. It's absolutely CHILDISH. It has actually made me MORE confident that there is no eternal hell. It also raises the question, "Is there a devil?" because if this woman is out to decieve the masses it certainly wasn't our crafty Satan because he wouldn't have been STUPID enough to convince someone to write this ridiculous stuff. I can't BELIEVE people swallow it. Decievers...

Anyway, although that worry has more or less died down I still feel like I'm being decieved. It's like I'm trying to construct my whole belief system all at once and around every corner I wonder if I'm being decieved. I'm suffering from this religious psychosis, that the devil might be around every corner. It's NOWHERE NEAR as bad as it was, don't get me wrong, but the thing is I can never be sure that the conclusions I come up with are true. I have only just started praying and I'm still learning to recognise signs.

This said, I was wondering if anyone on this site feels as if they have had it confirmed to them by the Holy Spirit that certain things are true. We can conspire as much as we want but our wisdom to God is foolishness. Does anyone feel truly that they have been enlightened by any of Ray's teachings?

Thanks. Dunno if this is supposed to be a private thing or not, I'm just curious.

- Ryan

Marky Mark

Re: A little worried... the Holy Spirit?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 06:11:47 PM »

Does anyone feel truly that they have been enlightened by any of Ray's teachings?

:o :o :o

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 07:27:59 PM »

Does anyone feel truly that they have been enlightened by any of Ray's teachings?

- Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Is this a serious question?  :o

I will assume it is.  ;)

Perhaps you have not read much of the personal testimonies or introductions, but more importantly have you been enlightened with any spiritual truths Ray has written of in his articles?

Anyway, most of us here do not put much credence in personal revelations, visions, etc. unless of course scriptural references are abundant, lacking that these revelations are only a potpourri of deceptions, delusions, fantasies, lies or any combination thereof, or maybe just too much anchovy pizza directly before going to bed.  ;D

Peace,

Joe

P.S. The devil will use any ruse to deceive, there is nothing beneath him, intelligence or lack of intelligence or sophistication is not a problem, in fact he and his minions will custom tailor a deception or two that will fit us like an Armani suit if we stray from His Word. 

Amrhrasach

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 07:54:18 PM »

- Ryan

Yes, truly.

Gary

firefly77

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 07:55:48 PM »

I second that  ;D !!!

TheRysta

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 07:57:55 PM »

I didn't expect so many people to pick up on that last thing I said.

Yes I have been enlightened by Ray's teachings, but only insomuch as a scientist would be enlightened by a new discovery. I have had nothing confirmed by the Spirit.

daywalker

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 07:58:10 PM »

Hey guys.

First off I have some really good news. There was one woman called Mary Baxter who claimed she had seen hell and all this stuff, and because I am so naturally timid to this I took it all in last Winter. After about six months of worrying I have finally read some of her material and it is LAUGHABLE. It's absolutely CHILDISH. It has actually made me MORE confident that there is no eternal hell. It also raises the question, "Is there a devil?" because if this woman is out to decieve the masses it certainly wasn't our crafty Satan because he wouldn't have been STUPID enough to convince someone to write this ridiculous stuff. I can't BELIEVE people swallow it. Decievers...

Anyway, although that worry has more or less died down I still feel like I'm being decieved. It's like I'm trying to construct my whole belief system all at once and around every corner I wonder if I'm being decieved. I'm suffering from this religious psychosis, that the devil might be around every corner. It's NOWHERE NEAR as bad as it was, don't get me wrong, but the thing is I can never be sure that the conclusions I come up with are true. I have only just started praying and I'm still learning to recognise signs.

This said, I was wondering if anyone on this site feels as if they have had it confirmed to them by the Holy Spirit that certain things are true. We can conspire as much as we want but our wisdom to God is foolishness. Does anyone feel truly that they have been enlightened by any of Ray's teachings?

Thanks. Dunno if this is supposed to be a private thing or not, I'm just curious.

- Ryan

Of course, the Devil is around every corner... you're learning the TRUTHS of God.. and wherever the TRUTH is, there also is Satan, the Great Deceiver, to try and "snatch it away".

Mark 4:13 And He [Jesus] said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?
14 The sower soweth the word.
15 And these are they by the way side, where the word [That's the Truth, the Word of God] is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Of course, the Devil is responsible for the ludicrous teachings of eternal hell that is being sold--LITERALLY--around the world as if it were truth... but the "deceiving" part is the Good Works. These people who LIE and DECEIVE also, do many Good Deeds.

To answer your question... If Ray's teachings didn't 'enlighten' me, I probably wouldn't come here and read them. I used to read from several other Christian sites, but now I can see the stupidity in their writings so I don't go there anymore.

Peace, Out.

- Daywalker  8)

OBrenda

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 09:34:54 PM »

I second that  ;D !!!

I third that !!!  ;D

And Ditto to Daywalker!  ;D

An Amen to Joe!

"Confirmation of the Spirit" isn't seated in our feelings or IQ scores...(not that you implied that) ;) just my opinion.
Faith & Grace & Eyes that See....are all gifts from God, to those he is calling Now.

It may be more scriptural to "Test the Spirits"....  

Fasten your seatbelt You will be Blessed & Shaken.....again & again.  Especially here!

Kat

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 09:40:24 PM »

Hi Ryan,

I think you are in a big hurry to find comformation that this is the truth and that's understandable that you want some kind of proof.  But actually I think all of us here have searched for many years before being shown this truth.  We have heard so much heresy and doctrines of man that now this truth shines light a beacon in the night to us.  I don't know what God will use to confirm it with you or when, but be assured that when He determines for you to have that assurance, you will.  

What I would suggest is that you seek Him in the Scriptures and prayer as much as you can.  The more you study the Scriptures (and Ray's articles are a really big help) the more you draw near to God.

James 4:8  Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

And yes there really is a devil.  Look at this Scripture is Job.

Job 2:1  Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them to present himself before the LORD.

How can Satan "present himself before the lord," if he is not real?  But you need not be fearful that the devil is going to get you, God controls all things, even Satan.

James 4:7  Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

G. Driggs

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 10:48:53 PM »

Hi theRysta, I have heard Ray say something to the effect that we shouldnt be too worried about the devil, focus more on God, because we can always tell the devil to flee. We should be a bit more concerned about the beast within, because it is always there. I think sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Mat 4:10  Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Mat 4:11  Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Jas 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Peace, G.Driggs

smeacham

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 04:47:56 AM »

...I think sometimes we are our own worst enemy...

Absolutely.  My 10mo old daughter (and my 18yr old, for that matter) is her own worst enemy.  If that isn't a real parable, I don't know what is!  Worry more about our own carnality and spiritual ignorance, not the devil.  Beware of both, of course.

Steve

Roy Coates

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 12:51:31 AM »

the rysta,
I too have been truly enlightened by the work the Holy Spirit has done through Ray. Pray and study my friend. I too question everything, that is a good study habit in my opinion. Be faithful as He is faithful, ask God to revel Himself to you. Be still and listen then pray and study some more. Peace and grace to you my friend, in the name of Jesus.

Linny

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 02:01:51 AM »

Ryan,

I am 47 years young. I came to the Lord when I was 28. I have hung out with Christians since then. Worked at a church, taught at a Christian School, done tons of group Bible studies, been heavily involved in a mega church and then left that to go into 2 different Word of Faith churches. I believed and taught and stood up for every church doctrine out there. I questioned a few things from the studies I'd done on my own with the Holy Spirit rather than man leading me, but for the most part was a good little sheep. BUT all the while, God was bringing us out of worldly systems like public education, blindly following some political party, the health care system (western medicine), etc. getting us prepared for our ultimate stepping out.

Then, one day a friend sends me this link to Ray's paper on tithing. Says she wants my opinion. I read it. BAM! EVERYTHING he says he backs up with God's Word. I am all about "building precept on precept" so I keep reading more and more. My husband and I were out of Babylon within a month I'd guess and our lives would never be the same.
To say that I have been "enlightened" by what Ray has spent so many hours studying and writing about would be a grand understatement.
To say that the Holy Spirit didn't send us here would be completely crazy on our parts. This wonderful place is the biggest stepping stone in our walk so far.

Read and study my friend. The Holy Spirit has sent you here too.  ;)

Lin

aqrinc

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 02:40:42 AM »

Hi Ryan,

Three Scriptures below that should answer your above questions about learning or confirming anything Spiritual. Study The Word if you want to learn and grow in Spiritual knowledge. Stop leaning to your own understanding, start searching The Scriptures to confirm The Scriptures.

None of the wisdom of this world, is going to do you one tiny bit of good, toward understanding any Scripture verse or passage.

Pro 25:2 (MKJV)
The glory of God is to hide a thing; but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.

Pro 15:33 (GNB)
Reverence for the LORD is an education in itself. You must be humble before you can ever receive honors.

Php 2:3 (GNB)
Don't do anything from selfish ambition or from a cheap desire to boast, but be humble toward one another, always considering others better than yourselves.

george. :)

judith collier

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 05:26:19 AM »

Hey Ryan, I have been at this all my life, been to most churches, meditated for months at a time with the Holy Spirit, baptized and raised 4 children in the Catholic church, was a communion minister, etc. etc. Come here and learned more in a few months than all my life and experienced grace while reading all of this. One cannot deny the scriptual truth as Ray presents it but most of all look at the people on this site(you will know them by their fruit) and tell me if these people aren't some of the most sincere and loving Christians you have ever come across. The narrow gate is here my friend. Judy

TheRysta

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 02:13:37 PM »

Everything else aside...

I've never meditated with the Holy Spirit. I've no idea what to do or what to expect. I've felt a very slight calmness in one prayer but that's it.

I guess I just don't know what it means to pray to the Holy Spirit. I'm new to prayer as it is.

daywalker

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 05:25:39 PM »

Everything else aside...

I've never meditated with the Holy Spirit. I've no idea what to do or what to expect. I've felt a very slight calmness in one prayer but that's it.

I guess I just don't know what it means to pray to the Holy Spirit. I'm new to prayer as it is.

There's no such thing as "praying to the Holy Spirit". You pray to God. And there's no weird rituals or certain positions necessary to pray to God. And you don't have to go to a building or temple to pray to God...

You know how to talk right? And you know how to think right? Well than you have all the skills necessary to pray to God, anytime, anywhere...

Wherever you are.. So also is God.. so if you got something to say, just start talking. And don't feel embarrassed or ashamed, as He already knows what you're about to say anyway...  ;) :D

Peace, Out

Daywalker  8)

ez2u

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 07:15:59 PM »

Ryan  it sounds like you have a problem with boundaries and foundational truth I agree with Kat you are in a hurry.  Time is a kind friend it makes us grow old. ( this is from a poem)  I have been here two years and with in the last several months rays teaching are coming a live to me.  I have been able to read them through and gleam from them.  My experience and why i have stay with this forum is because i knew inside this was Truth.  Very solid, resounding and deeply.  My sheep shall know my voice.  Home schooling a few children,  we all learn at our own pace as the Holy Spirit teaches us and a lot of our lessons are lesson of life instead of books, sermons, papers.  Slowing down will greatly benefit you.  I have to look around and see what my life is and ask God what could i be doing this day for those you put into my life.  How can i walk out what your Word says?  It  comes believe me and when it does then you will know the truth.  I hope this helps you   Peggy

Roy Martin

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 09:43:57 PM »

Ryan I remember the first time I cried out to God 10 years ago, and the many times after that. I wanted to hear from Him and see Him and feel Him, and I wanted it then and there, but it took years before God allowed me to feel Him in my heart and mind and soul, but still He took me one step at a time at His time and not mine. As I look back on that I realize that I was wanting something carnal more than a relationship with God.
 Oh how sweet it is when You take each step that God guides you in.No one can even come close to the way God can be a match maker in a relationship with Him.
 Nothing to be worried about in the least Ryan. You are doing nothing wrong. God is teaching you. Its really that simple.

Peace
Roy

Linny

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 09:57:24 PM »

Ryan,
Roy and the others are right. You are on a journey. If all you are thinking about is what's at the end, you'll miss the fun of the ride.
Also, you are asking for people to explain the unexplainable. Kind of like a mom trying to explain what it feels like to be pregnant. You can only understand it when you feel it for yourself.
Blessings, Lin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.