bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello To All - New Member  (Read 7613 times)

CottonPicker

Hello To All - New Member
« on: July 24, 2009, 08:13:08 PM »

Hello to all.  I am new to the forum and this is my first post.  I found (was led to) the BT site at least three years ago when I was reading another site.  Someone had linked to BT, which I checked out since things relating to the Bible always interested me.  Up until that time, I had only heard about Universal Salvation from one other source and as much as I wanted to, it was hard for me to believe that it could really be true.

Although I had occasionally gone to church, my coming out of Babylon wasn’t from a physical church building.  I was never part of any “Christian” social circle.  Instead I  watched those TV preachers and they had me convinced that I could never be good enough and that there was no place for me to go but to hell.  It took me a little while to accept that eventually everyone will be saved.  Once I did, that changed everything for me.  I  have a compassion and patience for people that I never had before.  I know now that I’m no better than anyone else.  To me, the most powerful words Ray has written are “the beast is you”.  When I read that, I was shocked and yet I knew it was the truth.

It’s funny how God gets your attention.    First I was having medical problems that He showed me with a simple change in diet and lifestyle I was able to overcome.  Then He showed me some of the great evil in this world.  At that point, everything that I had accepted and believed in, came crashing down.  Let me tell you, that really hurt.  I was physically ill for a week.  But it prepared me for the good news that I would eventually accept.

Another thing that happened is that I lost all of my friends. They either died or moved far away.  I have no one close to me any more, except my wonderful husband.  But he has no idea of the things I have discovered from BT.  We never discuss spiritual things.  A few years ago we made a trip to Tennessee a week before the BT conference (in Nashville if I remember correctly) but I was too chicken to suggest to my husband that we attend. 

I also no longer believe in free will.  There are things about myself that I don’t like and want to change.  I am struggling with those things now because I always thought change was up to me.  Now that I know I am not in control, it scares me a bit because I think to myself “what if I never overcome these things in this lifetime”.   Anyway, I don’t know of any other place where I can make this confession.  Thank you for taking the time to read.

Marky Mark

Re: Hello To All - New Member
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 08:46:15 PM »

CottonPicker. Welcome to Gods little oasis. ;)

Peace...Mark 

rbn

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 09:18:01 PM »

CottonPicker,

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your testimony.

You are not alone. I had some struggles understanding many of the deeper truths Ray would teach on but Ray is just a servant of the Lord. He is blessed with much wisdom and understanding. Where did he get that? It is God who gives wisdom to those who ask. Ray stated he asked God in his search for truth. I know that Ray is just a person who boasts not like the TV preachers do thinking they have wisdom in scriptures. What amazes me is that we do have a choice to seek truth.

A church I attended the Pastor preached for 34 years! He tells the congregation that he does a bible study before the next sermon. May I ask do you really believe that God has not let this pastor in on truth? I can see that pastor learning truth but buries it in the back of his mind. I had a hard time with a statement Ray said, "They (the Babylonian church) despise the truth of God." I mean if you had to let go millions of dollars and a high standard of living could the average person do that for truth? I don't think so. God gave us desires, a will (not free) to make choices. I really do believe Ray now about how people despise the true word of God.

Peace be with you,
Rbn
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 04:10:43 PM by rbn »

cherokee

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »

Hey CottonPicker,

Welcome to the forum.

Blessings,
Suzie

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 09:39:23 PM »

CottonPicker,

A Big Warm Welcome to You!
Your post has a familar Ring.
 ;D
Brenda

Phil3:10

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 12:06:19 AM »

CottonPicker,
Welcome to the real truths of HOLY GOD. Spend as much time as possible in the Word, in prayer and in Bible-Truths.com. You will find the real blessings that our LORD intended for all whom HE loves.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 05:27:13 AM »

Welcome CottonPicker.  I very much relate to that sense that God prepared you (me) to believe.  I hope we are mutually blessed by our association here.

Now that I know I am not in control, it scares me a bit because I think to myself “what if I never overcome these things in this lifetime”.   Anyway, I don’t know of any other place where I can make this confession.

Knowing that God is working in you both to will and to do His good pleasure, you can with that fear and trembling work out your own salvation. 

I'm not sure anybody can make any other confession.  We're all together in this.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

noeleena

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • live life. love life.
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 08:47:33 AM »

Hi .....A wellcome from a kiwi .
 ...noeleena...

Linny

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 01:03:50 PM »

CottonPicker,

I can SO relate to your having everything you believed in come crashing down! It is all part of truth being revealed. God did the same for us, a little at a time, revealing the lies we were believing. It has changed our lives completely, but isn't it great???  ;D
Welcome to the forum!

Lin

9440geoff

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 07:24:41 PM »

Hi CottonPicker, and welcome;

It's good to know God's brought you to the right place.

Geoff

meee

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 12:44:08 PM »

Hi CottonPicker,
       Glad you're here, hugs,meee

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 01:18:07 PM »

Hi Inga,

Nice to see that promised intro, Welcome to the discourse.

george. ;D

Kat

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 02:25:44 PM »

Hi CottonPicker,

I'm glad that you have joined us  :)
To find out that all, and I mean everything, that we had built our faith on was really just a house of card.  And then to watch it come tumbling down is really a hard pill to swallow.  I think we have all been there to one degree or another, so we can relate.  

It is interesting that God separates us from most all of our friends, even family and he drags us out of church when he starts to work with us.  I think it's because we do not need all of the distractions, but needs us to totally focus on Him.

We are all struggling with different things and it is good to have this place to seek those of like mind.  Do come in to fellowship and ask questions that come up.

Here are a few links so you can check out some of the stuff we have here.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 02:28:44 PM by Kat »

Marlene

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 08:34:19 PM »

Welcome CottonPicker, Nice to have you in the BT forum Family!

In His Love,
Marlene

lauriellen

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 09:01:14 PM »

LOVED your intro.......you have more in common with many here than you realize!  and have many friends here as well.......so glad to meet you and enjoy all your crafts on FB too!  you are very talented!
i try to discuss some of the things i learn here with my husband, as well, and he listens very patiently, but it just doesn't make any sense to him....so it is wonderful to have this place to fellowship with people with the same views.
lauriellen

iris

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 06:03:31 PM »

Hi CottonPicker,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Iris

gmik

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 09:43:27 PM »

Please add my welcome to the list!!  Thanks for posting that testimony.  You are not alone sis, don't ever believe that.  God dragged you for a reason  in His timing. It is SO wonderful to know we are not in charge!! ;) :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.