bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I hesitate to ask  (Read 20573 times)

EKnight

I hesitate to ask
« on: July 25, 2009, 10:51:55 AM »

I have been hesitant to ask for prayers and knew that when the time was right I would do this.

Back in May our 21 year old son Jack was at college and complaining he wasn't feeling well.  He said he had stomach pain and thought that he ate something bad at school since it was the end of the year and assumed they were feeding them expired food.  Jack had never done drugs or smoked or drank.  He would not so much as take tylenol.  But now he was taking tylenol a few times a day.  I knew something was awry.  Thankfully his school is only 1 1/2 hrs from our home.  I made a doctor's appt. for him and we brought him home.  That day he had a CT scan, MRI, Blood tests and a physical exam.  He was diagnosed with testicular cancer.  My husband had in five years ago but to a lesser degree and had his testicle removed and underwent radiation.  My husband's brother had it when he was 21 (like Jack) and he had his testicle removed and chemo and another "RPLND" surgery.  He is fine today. 

Jack had the left testicle removed at the end of May.  The tumor spread to a lymph node near the kidney which is why he was experiencing stomach and back pain.  Jack has been having chemo treatments since June.  He was supposed to start Monday June 15th but contracted the H1N1 flu so they gave him five days of chemo in four days that first week.  Two weeks after that I had to take him to the local emergency room because of a fever of 100.5.  White blood cells were extremely low.  He was to begin another week of chemo that Monday but when we got there, they didn't want to do it because the white count was still low and he had lost weight.  Weight gain is a whole other problem for Jack and always has been.  When he started the chemo he has 127lbs at 5'8" and that was two months of trying to gain weight.  Now he is about 119lbs and his already unhealthy appetite is diminished from  chemo and a hundred other drugs. Anyway, chemo was postponed another week.  All the while he has continued to complain of back pain which we expected to go away after the first round of chemo.  This past thursday he went to see the doctor and complained once again about the back pain.  The doctor sent him for another CT scan to put everyone's mind at ease.  My husband and son were one their way home when the doctor called them back to the hospital.  When the got there the doctor and a surgeon were waiting for them.  The tumor had grown to a size larger than Jack's kidney.  This we were told was very unusual and rare.  The tumor is a mix of cells and one part is called "teratoma"  this portion of the tumor is resistant to chemo and radiation and is benign which we knew from the start but it rarely grows.  We knew that this portion of the tumor would have to be removed after four chemo treatments.  They do the chemo to shrink the tumor and kill off the malignant cells thereby making the RPLND surgery less risky. 

Jack is scheduled to have this surgery on Wednesday.  It's four hours and besides the usual risks of all surgery there is the risk of damaging the nerves that could make him sterile and damaging the kidney in which case they would have to remove it.   Please pray for a most successful surgery possible.  Out of all three of my children, Jack has been the least trouble.  His positive attitude has been a blessing for the rest of us but with this latest setback, I can see that his spirit is dying. 

For me, besides watching your child suffer, it's been extremely difficult to watch a drug free, healthy person-- (and I mean not so much as a cold) go to a severely sick and drug-poisoned person.  I hate the chemo, I absolutely hate bringing my child to the brink of death to save his life.  I am terribly frightened of what God has in store for me next.  I cry at the thought of the possibilities.  Although God has given us the strength to endure this process, and I know He will continue to do so with whatever happens next, I can't help but feel weak in the knees.  I fear the Lord who is in control of all things.

I have been so long-winded about all this and have not even gone into what a good and decent human being God has made my Jack.  He is often a gold nugget in a sea of coal and I am so grateful to have him in our lives.  I could not ask for a better son.  Although he hates BT because he thinks I am involved in a cult, I can see that God is working through Jack to perfect him and others.

Thanks for your continued prayers and support.

Eileen

Ninny

Re: I hesitate to ask
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 11:00:29 AM »

Eileen! OMG!! Don't ever hesitate to ask for prayer!! Please know that I will be praying for Jack and for you! Who around here asks for prayer more often that I?? I know the strength you gain when you know people are praying for one goal! Strength, girl and we know God hears and answers! Remember, Ray says..a prayer that doesn't get prayed doesn't get answered!!
Praying....
Love you!
Kathy :-*

deftarchangel

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 11:41:05 AM »

I wish I had some words of comfort or inspiration (perhaps it best that I leave that to others more capable than myself), for this is definitely another one of those times when I don't get why the Lord does what He does (though I know He does it for His good purposes....and ours).  Since I'm not all that good with the inspirational words, I will simply pray for your son, yourself, and those affected by this.  I really do hope and pray it be the Lord's will for your son to come through this as healthy as possible under the circumstances.

The Lord bless you and yours in Him,

Rob

chav

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 12:26:00 PM »

Hi Eilleen

I will remember your family's situation in my prayers

Dave

Linny

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 12:54:35 PM »

Eileen, your precious son, you and your family will be in our prayers. I am so sorry your son and your family are having to go through this.
Lin

Kat

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 01:53:57 PM »

Hi Eileen,

I will pray for your family as you go through this grave trial.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 02:05:28 PM »

Joining the others in prayer for your son and your family.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

EKnight

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 02:14:58 PM »

Thank you all.  I do believe in the power of prayer as last weekend turned out beautiful despite the threatening forecast.

We have truly been graced by God because so far we have been able to handle this.  It's amazing to me that whenever I imagined something like this, I was certain I could not handle it.  I hate to quote cliches but whoever said if God brings you to it, He will get you through it, was right.  I know there is scripture to back that up, I just don't know where it is.

I do feel ashamed that I have allowed other things to distract me from this trial and from BT.  I feel like I am being led away and pray that God keeps my mind on Him. 

Thanks again, you are a great support.

I am now going to bask in God's warm sun and listen to the Gospel of the Kingdom of God.

Eileen

bambam

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 02:47:26 PM »

My heart goes out to you dear!  God is with you.  And with your son.  You are in my prayers!!

Beth

bluzman

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 02:58:50 PM »

Eileen, I have been reading your words over and over. For almost an hour I have been thinking of what I can say to you.
As I am not eloquent with words I will leave that up to others who are more capable than myself. You must be very strong
indeed to have carried all of this about your son Jack within you. Perhaps your family looks to you for strength, I don't know.
   I do know Eileen that it is God Who causes us to pray. At this moment your son's health and welfare is that cause for me.
I am with you now in spirit, and tomorrow, and the next day and next and so on. God willing, I will be there with you and your
son in the hospital on Wednesday, as who knows what tomorrow brings.
   May God bless you and your precious son Jack.
     Ches

Marky Mark

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 03:05:11 PM »

Eileen,my prayers are with Jack ,you, and your family.
Keep the faith.

I hate to quote cliches but whoever said if God brings you to it, He will get you through it, was right.  I know there is scripture to back that up, I just don't know where it is.

CLV
1 Cor.10;13 No trial has taken you except what is human. Now, faithful is God, Who will not be leaving you to be tried above what you are able, but, together with the trial, will be making the sequel also, to enable you to undergo it.

Peace...Mark

MePogo

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 03:31:37 PM »

Your son is in my prayers.  Also you and family.

hug,
pogo

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 04:38:45 PM »

Sometime words are inadequet and they fail.  This is one of those times.  God bless you, your son and the rest of your family and make you strong during these trials.  And I know that you know that everything is in God's complete control and your in the palm of his hand...and there is comfort in that.  Praying..

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 05:22:35 PM »

Bless you and your family Eileen, I will be praying. NB

Marlene

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 06:22:42 PM »

Eileen, My heart goes out to you , and Jack and all your family. We are all like family here and you should never hesitate to ask for prayers. We all love you and feel the pain with you. When, one member hurts we all hurt. It could be that through all of this Jack will find out that you are not in a cult. He sounds like a very nice son to have. I pray that God protects his kidney and helps him with any treatments that are needed and surgery is safe.

In His Love,
Marlene

9440geoff

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 07:51:35 PM »

Eileen, you are obviously very close to your son, and I can feel the pain through your words. May the God of all comfort console and strengthen you and your family. I'm praying for a good outcome next week, and that God will completely heal Jack.
Geoff

EKnight

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 08:40:30 PM »

Wow, all of your responses have moved me to tears.  I wish Jack could understand the love and support that I get here.  Perhaps one day he will.  I rarely mention BT to him because he gets really angry.  But it doesn't matter whether or not he appreciates or recognizes the power of your prayers for us.  It matters that you care enough to pray for a stranger in need.

Thank you all so much, I can't begin to tell you how uplifting your words have been.

Eileen

Ellie

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 11:25:13 PM »

Eileen.Your strength and courage shines through. I can't imagine how I would cope if this was my own son,who like yours is always well and fit.My prayers joined to all the others.God will see this through.
                        Peace to all....Ellie....

Roy Coates

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 12:41:19 AM »

We are told to "make our requests known" You and Jack are in my prayers too. Peace and Grace to you in the name of Jesus, Amen

cjwood

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 01:45:44 AM »

my sister eileen,
oh my, oh my, oh my.  :-\ :-\ :-\ i just want to encourage you with a true story of a man named lance armstrong who is from austin, tx where i live. if you have never heard of him you can google his name. he is currently participating in the "tour de france" bicycle race in france. he had testicular cancer a number of years ago. his cancer spread throughout his body and his prognosis was very grave. but this man never gave up hope. i am not really sure of his beliefs about our Father and our Savior Jesus Christ, but nonetheless, our Father had a plan and purpose for lance. i am also certain that our Father has a perfect plan and purpose for your dear son. perhaps the cancer and the swine flu virus, and all that goes along with that, is the very thing that our Father has had in store for your son in order for your son to be dragged to Him.

i pray for your physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual strength eileen. i pray that our Father will give you courage as you travel this hard road with your son. your love for your son is obvious and will be the catalyst of all that you do during this time. this experience is your persecution and will be used to mold you more and more into Christs' image.

we are here to lift you up when you feel you cannot stand on your own. we will cry out with you to our Father for His mercy and grace on your son. stand strong, stand strong, and be of good courage eileen. He will NOT leave your son, or yourself as an orphan in this storm.

love in Christ,
claudia
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.