bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I hesitate to ask  (Read 20575 times)

judith collier

Re: I hesitate to ask
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 05:38:35 AM »

Eileen, I concur with all the prayers being offered for your son and your family. How very scary in this unknown territory. I pray for the doctors handling your son's case, for his kidneys to be ok, for everything concerned with him and for the most positive outcome God has in store for Jack. I will be remembering you daily. Judy

firefly77

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 12:17:30 PM »

Eileen,
Thank you for sharing your prayer request. I feel so inadequate to speak words of comfort to you ...
My prayers are with you. May God's Peace and Grace cover your son, you and your family.

Angie

meee

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 12:26:32 PM »

Eileen, I'm late to reply to this request, I am sorry.   You are in my prayers and Jack and all your family.
  my love,meee

Astrapho

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 12:35:39 PM »

I can't believe I only read this now. I have no idea what to type- I'm really bad with words, especially the encouraging and emotional kind... Somehow I lack the ability to type something serious, as I just demonstrated. But I'll keep you, your family and your son in my prayers tonight.

lferretj

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 03:47:30 PM »

You, your son, and the rest of your family are in my prayers.
     lferretj

EKnight

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 04:45:24 PM »

I will let you all know how the surgery went on Wed. or as soon as I have access to the internet.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.  I trust God hears them.

Eileen

Vangie

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 05:09:06 PM »

I'm sorry Eileen that I'm just now seeing this heartwrenching post.  I add my prayers and am so sorry for this trial you are enduring.  Will be praying for our God to guide all involved in your precious son's treatment, and for Him to strengthen and comfort you and your family.

Love to you in Christ,
Vangie

lauriellen

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 08:51:12 PM »

From one mother to another, my heart is breaking for you.  I pray that God will give you all comfort and strength. Just remember if you can, that God is right there with you in the middle of your trial.  Hold on to Him with all your might and He will bring you through it.  Love and prayers,
lauriellen

Roy Martin

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 09:25:11 AM »

Eileen, I am at a loss for words, but I have and will continue to pray for your son,you and family.

In Christ
Roy

Daddysgirl

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 11:09:40 AM »

Eileen, your son and family are in my prayers. Was very heartbroken to learn of this...

Be of good courage.

With love,
Matty

EKnight

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 08:55:24 PM »

Just so you know, Jack went for pre-surgical testing today and as a side effect of chemo, his platelets are too low for surgery on  Wed.  Plus, he developed some sort of infection on his leg which started out looking like a pimple but got angrier everyday.  I think the surgery is going to be next Monday.  The waiting game is so anxiety producing.  Too much time to allow my minder to wonder.  It's going to be a rough week.

Thanks for your continued prayers.

Eileen

Nelson

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »

Hi folks,

My prayers are with you and yours at this most testing time,

• "And I will wait on the LORD, who hides His face from the house of Jacob; And I will hope in Him. Here am I and the children whom the LORD has given me! We are for signs and wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, who dwells in Mount Zion." (Isa 8:17, 18)

• "Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb is a reward." (Ps 127:3)

• "Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass." (Ps 37:5, 7)

The outcome will always be as the Lord plans and for the eternal good of His children. Though so very hard to endure the Lord walks with you through the valley of deep shadow, you are not alone in this dark place and the Lord is your light. Follow the light because it leads to life, the real life, God's life in Christ Jesus.

Grace and peace to you and yours

Nelson

EKnight

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2009, 01:12:21 AM »

It's 11pm here, the night before my baby's surgery and I can't sleep.  Please keep him in mind tomorrow.  I wish I could express in words what a great kid he is and such a gift to our family.  I love him so much and it's hard thinking about him being basically autopsied alive.  I know that's crazy to think that way but I can't control my mind.  I hope God's plan is in sync with my hopes for this kid. 

Thanks again for your prayers.

Love you guys!

Eileen

Marlene

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2009, 01:16:29 AM »

Eileen, I will keep him in my prayers. I can relate to how you feel. I think of your Jack and your family.

In His Love,
Marlene

darren

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2009, 03:15:13 AM »

Eileen, I am sooo sorry I haven't read this post until today. I am truly sorry. I have no excuse. I feel terrible that I'm late to respond. Your son sounds like a wonderfull person. He is truly special. You can be proud, you've done a great job bringing him up. You and I know the Lord does everything for a purpose, even though we might not understand what that purpose is at the time. and I have to believe your son will get through this and live a terrific, successfull and long life. I am praying for you, your son and your family. He's in great hands. Once again, I am sorry that I did not get my reply out sooner.

Darren
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:20:02 AM by darren »

EKnight

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 11:05:12 AM »

Thank you Darren.  There is no need to apologize.  You have had your own trial to get through and I am glad you are back at BT.

Jack had the surgery on Monday and so far, everything has gone beautifully.  The doctor was able to save the kidney and spare the nerves required to have children naturally. Jack was very concerned about having children and hopefully some day he will because he would be a great father. 

He is recovering well.  His spirits are a little down because he is not allowed to eat or drink for four days and he had not eaten two days before the surgery.  His normal diet does not include fruits and vegetables but last night he told me he wanted fresh fruit!!  Now I know he must be hungry!

I thanked God and continue to thank God for sending us the best doctor possible for this surgery and for having the insurance to pay for it. 

I pray that Jack continues to heal physically and mentally and that he can get through the last two rounds of chemo without anymore setbacks.  Please pray that this trial brings Jack closer to our Lord and that it heals the conflict between Jack and his brother TJ.  I pray that they become closer as brothers.

Thanks everyone!  Your thoughts and prayers have been a source of strength comfort to me.  I wish I had mentioned this whole thing sooner.  Lesson learned.

Eileen

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 06:20:34 PM »

hi eileen,
i am so grateful for your update on jack's surgery. i cannot imagine having to go through what you are going through with your child. but, i hope that if i ever had to experience the journey you are on with jack, i pray that God our Father would work mightily in me to give me physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual strength. and this is what i pray for you eileen. i also ask our Father to infuse His power and healing into jack, and that your dear son grows stronger and stronger with each day that passes. i am thankful that this time in his life is meant for his learning that God is in control of ALL that pertains to life. and am hopeful that your jack truly understands the benefits of a healthy diet. we can look to ray smith as our example of that truth. i also pray for your son jt that he will be drawn closer to his brother during this time. NOTHING can be more important in this life than loving others, especially family. i will keep you in special prayer eileen because you are my sister in Christ and i love you, AND, being a mother myself i can feel the pain in your heart for your child. please try to go to our Father for your peace of mind dear sister. He will calm your anxiety and He is ever able to carry you through this challenging time.

love in Christ,
claudia

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 03:02:14 AM »

Thank you for sharing the update.  I'm glad for the good prognosis and pray that God will work all the things you ask for to good. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

OBrenda

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 09:40:38 AM »

I'm still adding my prayers for Jack as the doctors & nurses & Loved ones do everything in the natural.  I've learned something by you posting this also!

God's Strength to you Sweet Sister!

ez2u

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 11:38:50 AM »

Eileen I just read your post it was heartfelt.  I have been though a similar crisis but my son didn't make it.  we will kept you and your family in our prayers  God is with you in this valley.  Peggy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.