bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I hesitate to ask  (Read 20596 times)

9440geoff

Re: I hesitate to ask
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 02:47:22 PM »

Hi Eileen,

Thanks for the update. Praise God for the good news. Praying that God gives Jack strength for a quick recovery, and ability to cope with the chemo. Also that this trial will bring him closer to our Lord and TJ.

Geoff

meee

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2009, 09:07:02 PM »

Eileen, that sounds wonderful!  Keep posting how things go,please.
  I am so glad you finally did post about Jack and everything.
  luv U,meee

judith collier

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2009, 03:34:24 PM »

Eileen, I am still praying for your beloved son.  Judy

Phil3:10

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2009, 03:48:49 PM »

Eileen,
My prayers and sincere best wishes for your son Jack and all of your family. May GOD bless and keep you and may all yourprayers be answered.
In HIM,
PHIL3:10

EKnight

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 11:14:38 PM »

Jack was discharged from the hospital on Monday August 10th, one week after the surgery.  He was put on a low fat diet of five grams of fat per day.  However, his appetite was low and he was unable to even drink until finally he couldn't keep fluids down and we had to go back to the hospital on Thursday August 13th.  He remained in the hospital till this past Monday.  They were hydrating him and did a CT scan of his intestines.  They thought that there might have been a kink which would require them to open him up again and fix it.  Thankfully, that was not the problem. 

Jack is finding it extremely difficult to eat any food anymore.  It's been about three and half weeks since he has eaten a substantial amount of food and he is extremely weak.  He can barely walk a few feet without getting winded and causing his heart to race.

As you know, his chemo treatments were interrupted by this untimely surgery.  He is expected to receive two more cycles of chemo and he has an appointment with the oncologist tomorrow.  I am worried that they will want to begin the chemo again within a week.  Jack has gone from 127 pounds in May down to 105 pounds today.  He lost five pounds between last Thursday and this Monday.  I don't think he can endure the chemo any time soon but I am afraid to hold off on it because the cure rate of 90% is based on a strict regimen of 4 chemo cycles ( on week of chemo two weeks off=a cycle).  This "cycle" has already been delayed three times.

I know all is of God but I can't help but worry what God's plan is for my son with all of these unexpected delays and surgery.  I'm afraid.  It's not that I don't trust God, I do, but that doesn't make it any easier to watch Jack suffer and worry about his well-being.  Honestly, I am getting a little p'd off at God for putting Jack through all of this.  A perfectly healthy kid now looks and feels so sick all the time. 

So we could still use the prayers as apparently it's not over until God says so.  I need more strength emotionally and Jack just needs strength overall.

Thanks again for listening.

Eileen

Ninny

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2009, 12:00:03 AM »

Eileen,
My pyayers are still with you..stay strong..
Love you,
Kathy :-*

tinknocker

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2009, 02:32:15 AM »

Praying for Jack and you

Tom

Vangie

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2009, 06:59:41 AM »

Same here Eileen.  Update us when and if you feel like sharing. 

Love in Christ,
Vangie

9440geoff

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2009, 09:17:19 AM »

Hi Eileen,

I can understand you being p'd off at God. It is impossible for us to see things in the same way that Almighty God does, especially when it's our nearest and dearest that we are watching suffer.

My prayer is, Dear Father, I lift Jack up to you and ask that will give him your healing, and your strength. Let Jack's appetite improve please Lord, that he will become strong enough to receive the rest of the chemo, and that he will subsequently be completely healed. I ask also Father, for strength for Eileen, that she will be able to cope with seeing her dear son suffer all that he is going through, and that You will use this time to grow her faith in You. Amen

Geoff

meee

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2009, 10:20:08 AM »

Eileen,       May God give you strength and endurance. I pray God would give Jack his appetite and also that the delays in the chemo won't matter, when they resume ,the result would be health and full recovery. Father take the worry from Eileen and grant her peace that only you can provide.In Jesus name according to your Will, Amen.

firefly77

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2009, 11:31:11 AM »

Eileen,
It's so hard for me to read this... I went through a situation when I almost lost my son in a drowning accident at his daycare provider's pool. The doctors gave me very little hope since Josh was already dead when the ambulance arrived; they started CPR and were able to revive him, but the outlook for him surviving was very discouraging at best. I hung onto God with all I had. For me it was like the Mount Moriah experience when Abraham offered Isaac (Genesis 22:1-18); I opened my hands, let go, and offered him up to God in a spiritual sense. 4 days later I took him home and he was completely healthy again. He never had another problem since. I will never forget this; I learned how precious and fragile life can be.
I am praying for you.

Angie

Marlene

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2009, 05:52:54 PM »

I am praying for you Eileen. Its so sad to watch someone you love not eat and need chemo. What , a hard thing to endure.

In His Love,
Marlene

tamaralv

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2009, 06:41:13 PM »

Eileen,

As a mother my heart breaks for you!  Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Jack, as well as the rest of your family.  May God grant you the strength to endure this.

Peace and Love in Christ's Name,

Tammy

EKnight

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2009, 08:18:48 PM »

We went to see the oncologist on Thursday and he looked at Jack and said there is no way we can start chemo anytime soon.  He is scheduled to see him again in two weeks and told Jack he needs to gain weight or they will have to call for intervention.  I'm not sure exactly what they mean by intervention.  Maybe a nutritionist or someone who deals with eating disorders.  I can see he is trying to eat but very little.  He is hungry but a very little bit of food makes him feel full.  I am trying to make him drink as much ensure a day as he can stand.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and continued prayers.

Eileen

Marlene

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2009, 12:47:50 AM »

Eileen, I sure know what you are going through. Teresea, is just now starting to eat a little more. She is still with me.  I feel we have alot in common right now. She is not my daugter, but she lived with us when she was a child and 11 years of her adult life.

I will keep Jack in my prayers as normal.

In His Love,
Marlene

Roy Coates

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2009, 10:02:29 PM »

My heart and prayers go out to you and yours. God will sustain you. Peace and Grace

OBrenda

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2009, 05:25:07 PM »

Eileen,

You and Jack are in my thoughts and prayers!

Brenda

EKnight

« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2009, 09:38:19 AM »

Jack has been doing much better these past few days.  Eating and drinking ensure (350 calories a can).  He has put on a few pounds and seems determined to keep it up. 

I know this turn around is a direct result of your prayers so thanks again everyone.

Eileen

firefly77

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2009, 12:26:21 PM »

Eileen,
I am so happy to hear it. Thanks be to God  :)

Angie

Marlene

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2009, 01:29:14 PM »

Oh, I am so happy to hear that Eileen.  Praise God!

In His Love,
Marlene
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.