bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camel anyone?  (Read 5287 times)

Ellie

Camel anyone?
« on: July 25, 2009, 11:57:36 PM »

Animals play such an amazing role in our lives in so many ways.I thought that it would be nice if we shared our stories........or just voiced your appreciation for that special loving look.....a brave act....or interesting fact....

My weird bit......Here in Australia we have thousands of camels....gone ferrel..not their fault ......poor things.....Many years ago,camels were brought to Aust. for use in exploration and as pack animals. Over the years they have interbred and increased in numbers you wouldn't believe.They are a pest and  a nuisance to farmers and property owners.In spite of importing some for camel races any other plans for them are very slow to get off the ground.
  There is nothing like this anywhere else in the world.
   We now have thoussands  and thousands of them that need culling. Makes me cringe.......So if you would like to give a camel a home............. ;D??

ez2u

Re: Camel anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 12:41:56 AM »

Ellie  they might do well in New Mexico or Arizona  peggy

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 02:52:10 AM »

If Camels were delicious or just considered delicacies, problem solved.  I'm not sure airlifting them to other continents is the answer...perhaps they could be persuaded to swim?

Sorry if that doesn't help.  I really thought you were just offering me a cigarette, and I just intended to say, "No Thank you...I've stopped for a couple of months now."  Won't know if I've quit until I'm dead.

Where were we?!?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 02:55:01 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

noeleena

• live life. love life.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 07:18:56 AM »

HI...Ellie .
       Did not know you are over the ditch what part are you i have many friends over there who i have contact with . were in the south isl .
 any way its only 1800 miles in between . a bit far to swim ..may be catch up .
     ...noeleena...

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 09:54:03 PM »

Dave.. :D :D Cute...first today, then tomorrow..keep quitting each day, buddy!!
Kathy ;)

Ellie

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 02:11:47 AM »

Well done Dave.That's amazing.Hang in there.It is a real encouragement to the rest of us that Battle with this addiction.

So I encourage the camels to swim to Arizona and New Mexico and something will find them tasty and eat them up. Right? :)

I can add a couple more animals to the feral list after watching a program on T.V. the other night.Wild pigs...breeding well as they have no known predators here.
Deer......escaped from breeding ventures....

Noeleena..didn't realise that I was living" over the ditch" Wow! I live in a small fishing and tourist town on the mid north coast of New South Wales.Closest large town south is Taree and Port Macquarie is North...
I'm sure we will meet up soon.After the earthquake recently,did you know that your country has moved 30cm. closer to us.Some unnamed Kiwi said recently"We are getting ready to attack" ???

rbn

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 07:26:02 PM »

Hi Ellie,

I didn't know Aussie's had problems like that...

Over here in the east coast of the U.S. we are getting invaded by Canadian geese. They have occupied just about every park or any lush green lawn fields and have ruined many of them. It is becoming a problem. These birds are protected.

rbn

gmik

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 09:12:11 PM »

So "kiwis" say that "aussies" are over the ditch?! Thats funny!  Thanks for sharing some culture.<wink wink>  We say "Across the Pond" about the lymies.  I live in Michigan and we say "across the bridge" referring to the Canucks.  Oops, I hope I have not offended anyone...I am just a Yank!!

Seriously, I didn't know there was any rivalry or animosity between the 2 countries.  Tell us some more.  I will imagine your accent when I read it! ;)

Oh, no camels needed here thank you anyway.  but we are getting taken away by the mosquitos up here in Michigan.  We have had a cool, rainy, summer.

rbn

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 02:34:41 PM »

I read this news article today about the solution to the camel problem.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hFXuPli2zdwE5zhQMIMn0PzNDT4QD99V2UL00

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 04:34:52 PM »

"Last month, the federal government set aside 19 million Australian dollars ($16 million) for a program to help slash the population. Besides sending in sharpshooters in helicopters and on foot, officials are considering proposals to turn some of the creatures into tasty treats such as camel burgers." 

I'd walk a mile for a tasty camel burger! 

Maybe they can turn the humps into stylish back-to-school backpacks.  Just slap a designer label on them and they'll sell like Koala Nuggets.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.